Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Commercial Marketplace
Precisionrc.com, WARNING!!!!! >

Precisionrc.com, WARNING!!!!!

Precisionrc.com, WARNING!!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM
  #16  
Suspended
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

www.amainhobbies.com

Problem solved!!
bag of doritos is offline  
Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 AM
  #17  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
fast_t1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

amain charges too much better service at advantagehobby.com way faster shipping too compare prices and see
fast_t1 is offline  
Old 05-14-2010, 07:45 AM
  #18  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
fast_t1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
Just a thought, quit ordering crap from CHINA! Buy locally, or from a company that is truely reputable. Pay a little extra and get customer service, complete orders, items shipped on time, correctly and if they come wrong, you can actually get it corrected in a timely manner.

Not complaining to the OP or anyone else, just out loud, but I hear of so, so, so many complaints of pepole trying to save a buck so they buy something from china, get it, its crap, takes for ever to get shipped, no customer service.

You end up paying more in the long run any way, trying to get it corrected, replaced, or rebought. Ultimately you get what you pay for.
all of the rc stuff you use is from that continent
fast_t1 is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:03 PM
This message has been deleted by DRTMI. Reason: not a paid advertiser
Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 AM
  #19  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fast_t1
amain charges too much better service at advantagehobby.com way faster shipping too compare prices and see
i disagree i just compared the 2 shops on random stuff that they both sell and amain was cheaper,as for shipping well amain gets my stuff here in 2 days and there shipping prices are usually $2.95 up to $200 for 3 day select but it takes 2 days to the midwest,so im not sure what your comparing thats not cheaper at amain vs advantage?
you want even cheaper
try my atomic they had some engines for about $30 cheaper the everyone with free shipping,bad part they have a 2-3 day processing before they ship
chitwon joe is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 06:08 PM
This message has been deleted by DRTMI. Reason: not a paid advertiser
Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
  #20  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ardmore oklahoma
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Smuffy
I'd like to agree with you, but I've had some pretty rough deals here with MAJOR shops/manufacturers. I'm starting to remember why I got out of the hobby the first time, years ago. The only American company that's treated me right so far is Traxxas. Go figure I'm about ready to deal ONLY with Japanese companies.

To the OP, thank you for warning me, I had considered some of their products, and now I know better
funny traxxas treated me really bad and even hung up on me a few times and i am in oklahoma anc could drive to their company in an hour and a hlaf to 2 hours. i even had to make a bbb complaint on traxxas to get even some kind of customer satisfaction which i should never have to do.
lordraptor1 is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 09:37 PM
  #21  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (97)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
funny traxxas treated me really bad and even hung up on me a few times and i am in oklahoma anc could drive to their company in an hour and a hlaf to 2 hours. i even had to make a bbb complaint on traxxas to get even some kind of customer satisfaction which i should never have to do.
much moar infor required...
whitrzac is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 PM
  #22  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ardmore oklahoma
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by whitrzac
much moar infor required...
ok i will keep it simple

brand new traxxas vxl had teh velineon motor fail taking out one of the phases on the esc in only 2 weeks, gearing was stock from factory.

numerous calls to traxxas to get warranty,

told different stories from no warranty, to 30 day warranty

sent e-mail with link to the traxxs page showing lifetime warranty on teh velineon and included my name in the e-mail

called 2 days later because i had not heard back from traxxas

as soon as i gave my name i was immediately hung up on (this happened repetedly)

called one more time and before i gave my name i asked if they were having phone troubles and i was told no they werent

procedded to explain yet again the issue only to be told i would have to spend 20.00 for a replacement (keep in mind this isnt much but if it is under warranty i shouldnt have to pay anything with the exception of shipping the deffective product to them).

informed traxxas of teh fact that i should not have to pay anything except shipping to them if it is under warranty (which it was) and was told they would send it up the chain and get back to me

3 days later still no reply back so i called again and got hung up on (keep in mind i was making posts on traxxas forums also to try and get the issue resolved)

finally i posted on teh traxxas forums about my displeasure and i included that i understood about there is going to be some small failure rated but my treatment was unproffesional and unacceptable from traxxas. next day i tried to log on to traxxas forums to see if i had any response from a traxxas employee and found was banned by nitro chicken (traxxas employee) from the traxxas forums. i then proceeded to make a BBB complaint on traxxas which got the head of traxxas customer service to contact me.

i told him that i really didnt see anything that could be done for me at that point to assist because i had already got so fed up with the bs tht i threw out the velineon and sold teh pede roller and vowed NEVER to purchase another traxxas vehicle again.

the customer service head was being persistant in doing something at that point (only because traxxas wanted to get rid of the badd BBB complaint i guess) so i basically told him to send me one of their temp sensors (the ones made by mip) and i would settle for that.

i still will NOT buy a traxxas vehicle because of this and i advise everyone else to steer clear from them as well.


i really miss the good ole days when traxxas had unassembled kits, back then they had great custoemr service and support.
lordraptor1 is offline  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:43 AM
  #23  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (97)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

so you were being an @$$ hole about it, so they refused to deal with you...
you didn't want a $20 replacement because you didn't want to pay to fix something that you broke...


404roblem not found...



FYI you were doing something wrong in order to take out the motor and esc
whitrzac is offline  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 AM
  #24  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,120
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
!@#$%^&*(
F-CHINA!
XXXDad is offline  
Old 10-28-2010, 08:50 AM
  #25  
Suspended
iTrader: (76)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

/\/\ What ever, atleast they have the American working spirit.

Had less things fail from China than I bought here at the "local" hobby shop.
Metalsoft is offline  
Old 10-28-2010, 12:29 PM
  #26  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
j33p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 487
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
ok i will keep it simple

brand new traxxas vxl had teh velineon motor fail taking out one of the phases on the esc in only 2 weeks, gearing was stock from factory.

numerous calls to traxxas to get warranty,

told different stories from no warranty, to 30 day warranty

sent e-mail with link to the traxxs page showing lifetime warranty on teh velineon and included my name in the e-mail

called 2 days later because i had not heard back from traxxas

as soon as i gave my name i was immediately hung up on (this happened repetedly)

called one more time and before i gave my name i asked if they were having phone troubles and i was told no they werent

procedded to explain yet again the issue only to be told i would have to spend 20.00 for a replacement (keep in mind this isnt much but if it is under warranty i shouldnt have to pay anything with the exception of shipping the deffective product to them).

informed traxxas of teh fact that i should not have to pay anything except shipping to them if it is under warranty (which it was) and was told they would send it up the chain and get back to me

3 days later still no reply back so i called again and got hung up on (keep in mind i was making posts on traxxas forums also to try and get the issue resolved)

finally i posted on teh traxxas forums about my displeasure and i included that i understood about there is going to be some small failure rated but my treatment was unproffesional and unacceptable from traxxas. next day i tried to log on to traxxas forums to see if i had any response from a traxxas employee and found was banned by nitro chicken (traxxas employee) from the traxxas forums. i then proceeded to make a BBB complaint on traxxas which got the head of traxxas customer service to contact me.

i told him that i really didnt see anything that could be done for me at that point to assist because i had already got so fed up with the bs tht i threw out the velineon and sold teh pede roller and vowed NEVER to purchase another traxxas vehicle again.

the customer service head was being persistant in doing something at that point (only because traxxas wanted to get rid of the badd BBB complaint i guess) so i basically told him to send me one of their temp sensors (the ones made by mip) and i would settle for that.

i still will NOT buy a traxxas vehicle because of this and i advise everyone else to steer clear from them as well.


i really miss the good ole days when traxxas had unassembled kits, back then they had great custoemr service and support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, I have had 8 -12 traxxas rc's I have had to call them about 8 times for parts or questios. Each time has been atleast satisfying with answers and on at least 4 of these occasions I was blown away by their support as it was GREAT!
I have had a couple of electric issues and mostly drivetrain stuff that they have taken care of in record time. I live in a small town with no LHS so they understood I couldnt take it to the local shop and sent the parts right too me!

The most surprising one was a vxl bearing failure, they asked me if I was capable of rebuilding a brushless motor, I said I was so they offered to send the rebuild kit free and I could call them during the process if I had any questions! That is awesome service right there!
no shipping by me and best of all limited downtime due to turnaround time!

Just want to say for every case that goes wrong in an idustry like the issue above there are MANY more positive experiences that go unmentioned.

Thanks to TRAXXAS for keeping the industry thriving! Without their dedication to sponsorship of "real" scale racing RC would have many less followers.
j33p3r is offline  
Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 PM
  #27  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (315)
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,947
Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default

No probs with Traxxas here, I bought a E-Revo Mini VXL from the US before they were available locally, 3rd run the servo died, rang them up they sent out a set of servo gears and two spare servos "just incase" given my location.
nexxus is offline  
Old 10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
  #28  
Tech Initiate
 
Trex72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 45
Default

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
ok i will keep it simple

brand new traxxas vxl had teh velineon motor fail taking out one of the phases on the esc in only 2 weeks, gearing was stock from factory.

numerous calls to traxxas to get warranty,

told different stories from no warranty, to 30 day warranty

sent e-mail with link to the traxxs page showing lifetime warranty on teh velineon and included my name in the e-mail

called 2 days later because i had not heard back from traxxas

as soon as i gave my name i was immediately hung up on (this happened repetedly)

called one more time and before i gave my name i asked if they were having phone troubles and i was told no they werent

procedded to explain yet again the issue only to be told i would have to spend 20.00 for a replacement (keep in mind this isnt much but if it is under warranty i shouldnt have to pay anything with the exception of shipping the deffective product to them).

informed traxxas of teh fact that i should not have to pay anything except shipping to them if it is under warranty (which it was) and was told they would send it up the chain and get back to me

3 days later still no reply back so i called again and got hung up on (keep in mind i was making posts on traxxas forums also to try and get the issue resolved)

finally i posted on teh traxxas forums about my displeasure and i included that i understood about there is going to be some small failure rated but my treatment was unproffesional and unacceptable from traxxas. next day i tried to log on to traxxas forums to see if i had any response from a traxxas employee and found was banned by nitro chicken (traxxas employee) from the traxxas forums. i then proceeded to make a BBB complaint on traxxas which got the head of traxxas customer service to contact me.

i told him that i really didnt see anything that could be done for me at that point to assist because i had already got so fed up with the bs tht i threw out the velineon and sold teh pede roller and vowed NEVER to purchase another traxxas vehicle again.

the customer service head was being persistant in doing something at that point (only because traxxas wanted to get rid of the badd BBB complaint i guess) so i basically told him to send me one of their temp sensors (the ones made by mip) and i would settle for that.

i still will NOT buy a traxxas vehicle because of this and i advise everyone else to steer clear from them as well.


i really miss the good ole days when traxxas had unassembled kits, back then they had great custoemr service and support.
Dude you are not allowed to post negative comments about traxass on their forum,doesn't matter if it's legit or not if i remember rightly posting negative experience's with traxass products is called "a misinformed rant" that should tell you their attitude straight up ,I'm a member of another forum and members there were getting grief at traxass because of comments they made on another forum,yes the had spies watching us and reporting back to the mods, what a joke ,
Trex72 is offline  
Old 11-01-2010, 03:24 PM
  #29  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ardmore oklahoma
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by whitrzac
so you were being an @$$ hole about it, so they refused to deal with you...
you didn't want a $20 replacement because you didn't want to pay to fix something that you broke...


404roblem not found...



FYI you were doing something wrong in order to take out the motor and esc
how could it have been my fault running stock gearing that came on teh truck out of the box with 6 cell Ni-MH packs? if running it in its stock out of the box config with 6 cell Ni-Mh batts then their products are garbage anyway, no i wasnt being a jerk or rude to themin anyway, just trying to get my issue corrected with them constantly telling me no warrant30day warranty and then after i e-mailed a copy of a web page from their site and the webpages of numerous oline e-tailers showing the same lifetime warranty they said it did have a lifetime warranty but it was going to cost 60.00. an update to this is i spoke with a gentleman at teh rc swapmeet in carrolton last friday who use to work for traxxsa and he said they dont care, the products are cheap and all made in china and all they care about si getting your money. from now on if i want something like a revo i am looking into the clones from china at least i know i wont have a warranty from china LOL
lordraptor1 is offline  
Old 11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
  #30  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ardmore oklahoma
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Trex72
Dude you are not allowed to post negative comments about traxass on their forum,doesn't matter if it's legit or not if i remember rightly posting negative experience's with traxass products is called "a misinformed rant" that should tell you their attitude straight up ,I'm a member of another forum and members there were getting grief at traxass because of comments they made on another forum,yes the had spies watching us and reporting back to the mods, what a joke ,
yep that is why i steer clear of traxxas now, i like high quality dependable products and let em tell you i have had better quality stuff from china. also let me say to those bashing china and products from china, the majority of stuff you purchase from online e-tailers and your local shops is most likely made in china. an example is my new venom lipo pack it clearly states on the packaging "MADE IN CHINA". dont bash somethign unless you have tried it and when you do try it dont go in with the its not name brand mindset. keep an open mind and give it an unbiased try and you might actually be surprised.
lordraptor1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.