Search
Like Tree2Likes

Wheel Park RC Track

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wheel Park RC Track

If anyone is interested the RC Track at Wheel Park has been redone. They could have done a better job on the jumps though. Too bad cause this track could have some potential but, the parking at this park is not set up real good.
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Park RC Track-photo-4-.jpg   Wheel Park RC Track-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fader12
If anyone is interested the RC Track at Wheel Park has been redone. They could have done a better job on the jumps though. Too bad cause this track could have some potential but, the parking at this park is not set up real good.
Whats wrong with parking? Its plenty..
Old 04-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I drove by the other day and saw that some work had been done. Looks better than last year where there were tons of rocks all over the place.

I have never had an issue with parking.

If the weather holds out I might try to get out there this weekend sometime. I havent run my truck in a while.

If it is jumps you want I think there is a half pipe right next to the track and a BMX course too.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran my MTs out there a few days ago and had a great time! the track is in pretty good shape at the moment.

I am curious, who is doing all the work?
Old 04-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think the city of Aurora takes care of it. However, when I was out there last year two guys that had RC cars showed up with a wheel barrow and a bunch of tools.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I haven't been there since last year I'll have to check it out soon
Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

i am going to be back out there a few days next week. i usually go on my lunch break for about an hour.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

The city of Aurora Parks Department takes care of this or lack of. I use to until I left the City Parks department. People that goes out there with shovels and crap really messes it up for people. The city does not like that.

I strongly doubt they will maintain it..
Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

was out there again today running my lrp 30x powered revo. windy but fun!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

I haven't been able to get out there, chores, wife, weather. Well the wife is going away for the weekend and I was planning on heading out there.

Any word on the condition of the track? We have gotten a lot of rain/snow recently. What type of tire do you think would work best?

Thanks guys,
Rich
Old 05-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well after that storm and checking out the forecast, I doubt if I will be running this weekend. I wont run on a wet track, it just jacks it all up. I might still go out in hopes that it will dry out, but I really doubt it.

I was in Commerce City for this last storm. I just hope all of my fellow CO RC's are safe after this one, and whatever else is heading this way.

Stay Low.

Rich
Old 05-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trashyrich
Well after that storm and checking out the forecast, I doubt if I will be running this weekend. I wont run on a wet track, it just jacks it all up. I might still go out in hopes that it will dry out, but I really doubt it.

I was in Commerce City for this last storm. I just hope all of my fellow CO RC's are safe after this one, and whatever else is heading this way.

Stay Low.

Rich
Why not just go to MHOR? Open and track is always ready to go. Wheel Park sucks as the mountains of dirt they just dropped makes no sense. They are not jumps.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by token
Why not just go to MHOR? Open and track is always ready to go. Wheel Park sucks as the mountains of dirt they just dropped makes no sense. They are not jumps.
Yea, I know. I have been there a few times. I was hoping to be outside, but with this weather I might just have to make it MHOR.

Do you know what the schedule is for the weekend. I am not a racer.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does mohr run nitro or are they electric only?
Old 05-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Where is this track at? Looks like a fun practice day!! I'm picking up Aurora? But exact location?
RCTrackStar likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.