Unser Underground R/C Raceway

Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcrazy
Public link for pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=35ae90f168

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

was that the buggy main cause i really dont remember that race???????????
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msconcepts
was that the buggy main cause i really dont remember that race???????????
Yes it was the start of the main

Nice to see you again. Hope to be out again soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPSharp
SHORTCOURSE SHOWDOWN EVENT FLYER!!!!!! SEP 13-16th
In prep for the mod SC class for the upcoming Short Course Showdown it would be great to have some mod SC club races. We don't see SC modified club racing because everyone is running the 13.5 SC class (currently w/boost allowed). My suggestion is to change the 13.5 class to blinky. Doing so will increase the mod class entries. Those interested in running boosted 13.5's can run mod and those of us that "can" run bigger motors will not be limited to 13.5.

Those that don't like my suggestion belong behind a Slash rental.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoosterFarEye
In prep for the mod SC class for the upcoming Short Course Showdown it would be great to have some mod SC club races. We don't see SC modified club racing because everyone is running the 13.5 SC class (currently w/boost allowed). My suggestion is to change the 13.5 class to blinky. Doing so will increase the mod class entries. Those interested in running boosted 13.5's can run mod and those of us that "can" run bigger motors will not be limited to 13.5.

Short Bus mod RULES!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
Short Bus mod RULES!!!!!!!!!
RIGHT ON RACER RUSS!!!! Same bassshing, just a lot harder and faster! HA!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoosterFarEye

Nah, keep 13.5 at what it is. But any motor above (10.5, 8.5, etc) it needs to be in MOD. A boosted 13.5 cant keep up with a boosted 8.5.

To limit club SC racing to a "blinky" 13.5 would cause unecessary issues. Whos going to check each setup? Do you know how to check every ESC to see if there is no boost? Some would need to be plugged into a laptop to check. For a big race like the Showdown there is reason, but for club racing no.

The simpler the better for club. The ones I've seen running "MOD" in 13.5 are usually all over the pipe anyways.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

March Race Calendar
Attached Thumbnails Unser Underground R/C Raceway-mar2013-race-calendar-copy.jpg  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

There really doesnt seem to be a "stock SC class" now. and we have to change that!!
Most new escs will blink a pattern if set to the "No timing, no boost mode" and we have plenty of people to tech/

There should definitely be a mod class but only for experienced drivers-
maybe you should have to take home so many blinky 13.5 victories before you can run mod?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Short Course Showdown Rules

Here is a link to the Short Course Showdown Rules. Stock SC is 17.5 no timing.

http://www.shortcourseshowdown.com/rules.html

Here are a couple videos from round one. Note the clean racing

http://youtu.be/lpbeRmgF_cQ

http://youtu.be/R7WTyotM-D4

Here is one to get you excited about the race

http://youtu.be/j5ZuPEUuMMs
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

" Stock SC is 17.5 no timing."

I'll bring the air freshener and a box of 17.5 motors
Old 02-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree we need two different 2wd sc classes. A mod for anything faster than 13.5 and a true 13.5. Last night there were 13 racers in the 13.5 class and CLEARLY there more than a few running faster than a 13.5. Some people were taking the huge triple with ease, quading right over the middle rhythm section and even a few were able to triple the jumps in front of the driver stand. I think its ok if there are only like 7 racers and they are all bunched together to create a class, but when there are 13 or more drivers I think we should look into a mod class. And when I'm saying faster I don't mean a simple pinion/spur change. I understand some people are better drivers but even a bad driver can hit a jump and go far, so I don't think that was the issue either.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4WDirt
I agree we need two different 2wd sc classes. A mod for anything faster than 13.5 and a true 13.5. Last night there were 13 racers in the 13.5 class and CLEARLY there more than a few running faster than a 13.5. Some people were taking the huge triple with ease, quading right over the middle rhythm section and even a few were able to triple the jumps in front of the driver stand. I think its ok if there are only like 7 racers and they are all bunched together to create a class, but when there are 13 or more drivers I think we should look into a mod class. And when I'm saying faster I don't mean a simple pinion/spur change. I understand some people are better drivers but even a bad driver can hit a jump and go far, so I don't think that was the issue either.

4WDirt: keep in mind that tweaking the timing in the motor and speedo you can get a 13.5 to make as much power as a non timed 7.5 or 8.5

Knowledge of tweaking the brushless systems and batteries make a huge difference in power of these motors so a 13.5 blinky class will be muuuch slower then a 13.5 class with adjustable timing.

A blinky class may be a decent alternative instead of mod if there is demand for such a class. Or 13.5 with timing could be considered a mod class depending on your perspective.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lol I will admit I don't really understand the blinky stuff but if that's what it should be called then that's what the class should be called/should be allowed. It's just my understanding that the 13.5 2WD SC class should essentually be a class for new racers to the sport, not all of them but people getting into the sport would most likely fall into the 13.5 class. And regardless of new people or not it just doesn't seem fair from what I see when someone with a 13.5 blinky (normal esc) is racing against someone who timed there equipment out to have it running at a 7.5 speed. If that's the case that is no longer a 13.5, that's a 7.5 now, regardless of what it says on the can. I guess I understand people can do that but I don't think that's in the spirit of what a "13.5" class should be.

Or it might be easier just to get rid of the class 13.5 2WD SC and just call it Mod 2WD SC, guess that would solve the problem as well, then anyone can run anything and someone running a legit 13.5 motor/esc can know up front what to expect.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Anyone notice yet that if you go to rcsignups.com, the event in September is showing a different shop? I want to sign up, just wanna make sure it's legit and for the race at Unser...

J.T.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by babythebiker
Anyone notice yet that if you go to rcsignups.com, the event in September is showing a different shop? I want to sign up, just wanna make sure it's legit and for the race at Unser...

J.T.
Here is a link for the Unser Race. You have to click on "events" to get the entire list.

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3057

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.