R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Colorado Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/colorado-racing-135/)
-   -   Good Luck (https://www.rctech.net/forum/colorado-racing/406046-good-luck.html)

RRacerRuss1 06-07-2010 09:55 AM

Good Luck

Just wanted to take a minute and wish all those traveling to Lincoln, GOOD LUCK. Should be lot's of fun see all soon..........

mtnman 06-08-2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1 (Post 7509723)
Just wanted to take a minute and wish all those traveling to Lincoln, GOOD LUCK. Should be lot's of fun see all soon..........

you my friend will be missed

RRacerRuss1 06-09-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by mtnman (Post 7514169)
you my friend will be missed

I appreciate the heartfelt words. Be calm sir and you will finish well:D

RRacerRuss1 06-11-2010 08:17 AM

Race is being broadcast on Live R/C.
Spoke with a few of the locals this morning and everything is going GOOD:D

mtnman 06-13-2010 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1 (Post 7528581)
Race is being broadcast on Live R/C.
Spoke with a few of the locals this morning and everything is going GOOD:D

back:D

RRacerRuss1 06-14-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by mtnman (Post 7538373)
back:D

Glad to hear that, I heard your experience was a bit TECHnical. I'll call ya later..........

al dente 06-14-2010 07:32 AM

thanks for keeping an eye out. everyone had a good time, except for hasset how was angry at everything, and hiller, who was mad at tosolini. i stripped 2nd gear on the 2nd lap, ran most of the race, then realized that all i was doing was tearing up my stuff.

looking for a good time next weekend in c springs.

d 06-14-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 7539637)
thanks for keeping an eye out. everyone had a good time, except for hasset how was angry at everything, and hiller, who was mad at tosolini. i stripped 2nd gear on the 2nd lap, ran most of the race, then realized that all i was doing was tearing up my stuff.

not angry just a ruff week :D

RRacerRuss1 06-14-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 7539637)
thanks for keeping an eye out. everyone had a good time

Oh you know in this day and age, being able to watch and listen. Gotta say again this stuff (Live R/C) ROCK's. I was able to check in on Friday mornin' and check result's Saturday (when we got home from Burlington). And pretty much watch all day Sunday:D.
Glad to hear that good times were had by all, and sometimes the pressure from a BIG event takes it's toll on individuals (been there got the "T" shirt):nod: hope your home safely and you hook up with me at CFT and I'll find us a GOOD TIME!:D

RRacerRuss1 06-14-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by d (Post 7539958)
not angry just a ruff week :D

Been there I've got the trophy:batman:

mtnman 06-14-2010 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1 (Post 7539323)
Glad to hear that, I heard your experience was a bit TECHnical. I'll call ya later..........

i was only pissed about how the rules were bent for the celebs,i was ok with the dq my faualt,just one prep i over lookeddont add a degree of rear tow
and then reteck:cry:i did have a great time with our gang,and thanks to all for their help,and to mark z,duck,and mro,i will be back soon

mtnman 06-14-2010 02:47 PM

heres something which came up at nats,makes you think that some mfgs have never had thier products at roar race

most protoform bodies r5,m56 cut at the roar line all failed,were talking about everyone in sadan,makes you wunder if the mfgs read the rule book,rear bumper highth.

exhaust pipes,rd lodgis pipe with 5 singer box says roar legal,not so,no numbers stamped on pipe.

kfactory 5 mm singer says roar legal,again not so,no number stamped on pipe.

im not angree about it im just amazed,the body thing did cost alot of us quite
abit of practise time modifiying protoforms bodies to conform to roar rules. this is not a rant but a warning that some items really are not legal

RRacerRuss1 06-14-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by mtnman (Post 7540333)
i was only pissed about how the rules were bent for the celebs,i was ok with the dq my faualt,just one prep i over lookeddont add a degree of rear tow
and then reteck:cry:i did have a great time with our gang,and thanks to all for their help,and to mark z,duck,and mro,i will be back soon

Yeah Nationals are for the TOP tier racers (Lemieux, Burch, Cyrul, Kimbrow etc. etc.) We (average "joe" racer) go there with hopes of "GRANDURE" and really we are there to socialize and help pay for the RMT's expense's.

It took me 2 month's to sign up for the Nitro Offroad Nat's, primarily from what you speak of. Plain and simple it appears to be "Favoritism", maybe not. But from this average "joe" the last Nationals I attended I felt like nothing more than an entry fee (fee's). Any way since I'm gonna pit at Offroad Nat's I opted to sign-up, and will go into this one with a whole different attitiude:sneaky:(adjusted)....................... ....:D:D:D

RRacerRuss1 06-14-2010 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by mtnman (Post 7541183)
heres something which came up at nats,makes you think that some mfgs have never had thier products at roar race

most protoform bodies r5,m56 cut at the roar line all failed,were talking about everyone in sadan,makes you wunder if the mfgs read the rule book,rear bumper highth.

exhaust pipes,rd lodgis pipe with 5 singer box says roar legal,not so,no numbers stamped on pipe.

kfactory 5 mm singer says roar legal,again not so,no number stamped on pipe.

im not angree about it im just amazed,the body thing did cost alot of us quite
abit of practise time modifiying protoforms bodies to conform to roar rules. this is not a rant but a warning that some items really are not legal

I feel your pain just because it was constructed to ROAR's spec's unless it has passed the approval process it's not approved. Check the approval list at ROAR's website before buying equiptment, pipe's bodie's etc.

Sounds like you guy's need some 20mm block's and a good ruler or scale? Again when protoform suggest's a cut line it doesn't neccesarily mean it's perfect? It's up to us as racer's to be able to build our ride's to fit within the criteria ROAR has set forth (ie Rule's). Maybe in the future for other races the "club" may initiate some random teching to help keep everyone on the same playing field:sneaky:

Glad to hear that everyone is back safe

See ya at the track
RacerRuss

Grenade10 06-18-2010 04:52 PM

I've got to agree on the body thing, as I got 4 1/8 scale Protoform bodies that were stamped EFRA but no number ...... so not legal. Was tld only a handfull got out but I know of well over a dozen, with out looking hard.

I can also feel for Fico, as I only got 7 laps in my semi-finals. Still have not taken the car apart to find the problem.

I agree with Jim, that our group was having a lot of fun, and thanks to Ficco's grill had some good food!!!

So looking forward to next year, and based on my current pace I sould be up to 49 laps. :lol::lol::lol: