R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Colorado Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/colorado-racing-135/)
-   -   Hobby Town Offroad Track (https://www.rctech.net/forum/colorado-racing/391582-hobby-town-offroad-track.html)

RRacerRuss1 04-21-2010 09:24 PM

Hobby Town Offroad Track

Wanted to get a place on here for some track happenings, suggestions etc..

Here are some details about the track
Just south of Union Reservoir in Longmont
Approx, 1/2 mile north of hwy. 119
approx,1/4 mile east of county line rd. on co. rd. 26 track is on right just after res. entrance on left.

Went out today to get some stuff done, mainly drivers stand and transponder loop.
Had no equiptment (tractor,quad) on site today, unable to set up down ramp or do much to north burm. Will try to get something done with land ramp and burm before Sunday's Racin':cool:
This place has alot of potential, however there is some political schmoozing to get some of the things done that have been requested. With everyone's cooperation with the rule's ( No Nitro cars started before 10am, and No Nitro cars running after 6pm) We are currently working on getting the evening time pushed a bit later (These rules are laid down by the City of Longmont).

RRacerRuss1 04-24-2010 12:36 PM

Just spoke with Gary (owner) and offroad racing is cancelled for this week 4/25/10.
He called it so everyone can readjust their weekend plans, and unless we are boat racin:rolleyes:there isn't gonna be much racin.

See everybody next weekend

RacerRuss H

RRacerRuss1 04-29-2010 07:16 AM

Track Update

We were able to get the drivers stand concreted in yesterday (just need to get the staircase and it'll be done) Got more steel in the cinderblock's, acquired a pump for dispursing water puddles. Came up with a plan for layout changes/adjustments.

With the recent weather forecast:cry:

RRacerRuss1 05-04-2010 06:57 AM

Not alot of interaction here?
Just an update, this past Sunday worked out good even with weather looming on the horizon. Had approx. 40-45 entries from Novice to 1/8th Truggies. We are still working on the facility (I refer to it as a work in progress), I/we will be out tomorrow for a work day from about 9am till about 4pm. Would like to make a few subtle changes to the layout and get some conduit ran for voice/data at drivers stand.

FYI- in observance of Mothers Day there will be no racing this Sunday 5/9/10.
RAT raceway will be racing 5/8/10, see all there...

RacerRuss

mike881 05-04-2010 07:00 AM

hey bud so whats the most popular class up there? I have a 1/8 electric but am thinking about getting a nitro for the summer, will HOPEFULLY be making it up there for a few races this summer. If 1/8 electric buggy is catching on up there then I wont waste the bucks on a nitro!

RRacerRuss1 05-04-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mike881 (Post 7358208)
hey bud so whats the most popular class up there? I have a 1/8 electric but am thinking about getting a nitro for the summer, will HOPEFULLY be making it up there for a few races this summer. If 1/8 electric buggy is catching on up there then I wont waste the bucks on a nitro!

yo dude, it's hard to say the most popular class at this point. Had about 6 or 7 1/8th Nitro Buggies and about 3 or 4 1/8th E Buggies, about 6 1/8th Truggies and an assortment of other electric classes. You bring it and we'll find a place for you to race it. A fella stopped by on saturday and spoke of you (assume it was your dad) thought you guy's might be out last weekend?

After you've raced a 45 minute nitro Main :D = cost is priceless:nod:

Oh yeah my name is Russ, Bud was my Grandfather's name. Look forward to meeting you:tire:

flatusboy 05-04-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1 (Post 7360244)
yo dude, it's hard to say the most popular class at this point. Had about 6 or 7 1/8th Nitro Buggies and about 3 or 4 1/8th E Buggies, about 6 1/8th Truggies and an assortment of other electric classes. You bring it and we'll find a place for you to race it. A fella stopped by on saturday and spoke of you (assume it was your dad) thought you guy's might be out last weekend?

After you've raced a 45 minute nitro Main :D = cost is priceless:nod:

Oh yeah my name is Russ, Bud was my Grandfather's name. Look forward to meeting you:tire:

Cool. My Gpa's name was Bud too. :nod:

Hope I can get up there and check things out soon.

RRacerRuss1 05-05-2010 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by flatusboy (Post 7361790)
Cool. My Gpa's name was Bud too. :nod:

Hope I can get up there and check things out soon.

Yeah you 'lectric guy's should get something coordinated. Be kinda cool to have a stand alone heat of "E" Buggies....:tire:

RC_Dan 05-05-2010 09:34 PM

I need to get some racing in before I head to Omaha at the end of the month. I've got a freshly built Hot Bodies Ve8 that I'd like to race. Let me know when and hopefully I can make it!

Is the track open for practice in the evenings during the week?

RRacerRuss1 05-06-2010 04:18 PM

Dan- hours are 10am till 6pm, your not supposed to park on the side of the road (it's posted no parking). It's a noise thing with the City of Longmont? Not sure if the main gates are open during those hours? But there is a opening in the fencing large enough to walk through? Next race will be 5/16/10 gates open at 8 for track prep and practice begins at 10am. Hope to you can make it, I'm too busy to make the Omaha race:tire:

thebig1 05-10-2010 04:38 AM

Hobbytown track pics

Won't let me post pics here yet, so I sent you a pm russ

RRacerRuss1 05-10-2010 08:54 PM

Track pic's

Here's the link check it out

http://www.rctech.net/forum/private....m&pmid=7703482

Thanks TBO nice shot's:-)

Siccmade 05-11-2010 03:44 PM

Do you guys know anything about a scale or rock crawling course out there?

RRacerRuss1 05-11-2010 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Siccmade (Post 7392491)
Do you guys know anything about a scale or rock crawling course out there?

They have ambitions of getting a crawler course set-up (plenty of space). There is a huge pile of concrete there and the owner spoke of a large quantity of rock at his place, but otherwise that's all I've heard:confused:

Siccmade 05-11-2010 08:46 PM

Cool thanks