Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Colorado Springs - RC Mania - Off-road track

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jim, replied to your email this morning ... and welcome to the largest and ONLY open run offroad RC track in Colorado Springs.
Marshall
Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have stoped by and checked this track out a few times, it looks awesome! Any info on if you guys are going to have races?. A short coarse "shootout" would be cool and I'm sure you would have a great turnout.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

We hope to. We have an AMB timing system available to us and we have discussed starting races late May, early June. We'll post updates here.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Gentlemen,

Well, this is all very exciting. I've been out of the hobby for a few years but I've still got all my gear, and now my 10yo son is getting fired up. I'm looking forward to checking out the new track. Looks beautiful in the pics.

Just wondering, is there an RC store here in the springs? Perhaps I'm not Googling correctly, but I'm not finding anything.

Thanks.

-Kyle
Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Fishrule1
Gentlemen,

Well, this is all very exciting. I've been out of the hobby for a few years but I've still got all my gear, and now my 10yo son is getting fired up. I'm looking forward to checking out the new track. Looks beautiful in the pics.

Just wondering, is there an RC store here in the springs? Perhaps I'm not Googling correctly, but I'm not finding anything.

Thanks.

-Kyle

Give these guys a call, they will give you the best price and service in town.

http://rockymountainap.com/

112 Iowa Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO, 80916

719-362-9725
Old 05-13-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Also there is Hobby Town USA, 2 stores ... one up north on Woodman and another south on Acadamey. The south store has more RC stuff. They carry mostly Traxxas stuff.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys,

Thanks very much for the shop info. I also found a reference (from ProLine's website) to a shop called "The Racing Under Ground" on North Academy. Called the number but no one answered, and I haven't had a chance to verify its physical existence yet. Anyone heard of this shop?

Also, I went by the racetrack: my compliments to the designers and builders! It's huge! Much bigger than the tracks I was used to in Florida. Great job.

By the way, what are the best tires to run out there?

-Kyle

Last edited by Fishrule; 05-13-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: misspelled the name of the shop
Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

The racing underground(indoor carpet track) used to be next to the old remote control hobbies. They are both gone now. I had lots of fun running my 18r there!. Can't wait for the race, anymore info on times yet?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fishrule
Guys,

Thanks very much for the shop info. I also found a reference (from ProLine's website) to a shop called "The Racing Under Ground" on North Academy. Called the number but no one answered, and I haven't had a chance to verify its physical existence yet. Anyone heard of this shop?

Also, I went by the racetrack: my compliments to the designers and builders! It's huge! Much bigger than the tracks I was used to in Florida. Great job.

By the way, what are the best tires to run out there?

-Kyle
As far as tires go ... PRO Mohawks, Racingspikes and Big Blocks even do pretty good. What type of car are you running? The best place I've found to purchase premounted tires (I hate glueing tires to wheels) is at the ebay store Supra Sales http://stores.ebay.com/Supra-Sales.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Stopped by the RC Mania track today to test out the XTM truggy my shop is testing out. Anyway, we had the helicopter with us so shot a pic of the track - driver stand is done, but looks like pit lane didn't get done yet.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Colby
As far as tires go ... PRO Mohawks, Racingspikes and Big Blocks even do pretty good. What type of car are you running? The best place I've found to purchase premounted tires (I hate glueing tires to wheels) is at the ebay store Supra Sales.
Associated T4
Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default The RC Mania Track and People who built it.

I bought a slash because of this new track. I want to say thanks to the people who built this track. Even though it is dry and we don't have watering capabilities it is fully capable with good tires (Pro-Line Calibers stick to this track really well. I am now addicted and my Slash has gone through several iterations over 4 weeks since I bought it. Great job guys and thanks for the time you put into this. I really like the enthusiasm Steve Levy brings to the track.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

I've been getting several emails and phone calls asking about a possible race this Saturday, 6/5. I've sent Steve a couple emails strongly suggesting that if he is planning to have a race that he post some form of a notice here and email people stating such. As of yesterday there still is no pit lane (there is a nice work bench) so Rich and I are going out there after work today and build one just in the event there is going to be a race in a couple days.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default June 5th Race Day

Ok the Pit lane has been corrected and we will be ready to run at around 10:00am, Steve will be there early on Saturday for sign ups and to sell hotdogs and drinks, all proceeds go to the track,
qualifers begin first then the heats, 1/8th nitro, Trucks and buggies.
then 1/10th gas or electric, all this depends on how many sign up
we will have a slash heat for 2whl drive and one for 4 whl drives
the last heat is a special for all drivers and vehicles its a drivers test of skill or luck ??? SEE YOU Out there it will be warm on
saturday !!!!!!

$10.00 one time fee for all day racing and $3.00 for kids under 12
call Steve for more info: 719-242-1630

Old 06-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Great racing today guys! Had a ton of a fun. Loved the short course 4x4 class, was hoping to come home in 2nd or 3rd, but apparently the bearing on my motor broke.. So I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do yet about that. But hey, still got a few shirts and a free radio out of it. Hell I might slap a old motor from a nitro buggy on to a roller and run it next time. Anyways, great racing guys, was a fun day, thanks to Steve, Rich and everyone that made this possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.