Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
Most frequented/popular RC racing in Colorado? >

Most frequented/popular RC racing in Colorado?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most frequented/popular RC racing in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Most frequented/popular RC racing in Colorado?

What is the most popular/frequented RC racing class in Colorado? Maybe that has to be qualified with novice (entry level) and competitive?

For follow up, list the other classes in order of what you see as a preference.

And a bonus question might be, what is the greatest obstacle to racing RC? Cost? Available tracks? Not enough racers?...?

So, what is my motive? Honestly, I enjoy research and learning more about RC. No tricks here. I've done a lot of reading, and thought I'd do the most obvious and simply ask.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by visual_rabbi
What is the most popular/frequented RC racing class in Colorado? Maybe that has to be qualified with novice (entry level) and competitive?

And a bonus question might be, what is the greatest obstacle to racing RC? Cost? Available tracks? Not enough racers?...?

So, what is my motive? Honestly, I enjoy research and learning more about RC. No tricks here. I've done a lot of reading, and thought I'd do the most obvious and simply ask.
Imma gonna say, 1/8 off road, follow by the Short Course Trucks and OnRoad....
1/8 scale is fun, good group to hang out with.

With this RC when you get into racing - its gonna cost no matter how you look at it, whether its eiffff or ten scale. I think we have TOO MANY tracks here, and the competeion gets spread out to thin.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by visual_rabbi

For novice or entry level racing I would say that the Stock Short Course class is the most popular. The trucks are fairly inexpensive and very durable. The Short Course class at High Desert is rapidly growing. It is full of novice racers young and old and there now many experienced racers with them. It is just a fun class for everyone.

The preference here in GJ I think goes like this. We only have one indoor track so we run electric year round. We do have a on road program in the summer but it is not as popular as off road.
1 Stock/Mod Truck
2 Short Course
3 Mod Buggy
4 Mod 4wd
5 13.5 touring car
6 dirt oval
7 1/8 Nitro off road
I added the nitro off road because there are a couple of us here that will travel to race Nitro.

I feel that the greatest obstacle in RC racing is that many people do not want to take the time to practice. It seems that many people (not all) who come into the hobby want instant gratification. If they can't win they get discouraged and quit. I guess that the initial cost of getting started may discourage some but its all relative. I see people spend a ton of money on game systems, motorcycles, snow mobiles, 4 wheelers, boats, hunting ,fishing, 1:1 race cars, etc, etc, etc. RC racing doesn't seem so bad after you look at what other people are spending for their hobbies.