Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need to do a little networking

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need to do a little networking

hi to all. started my newest sickness (rc) right before christmas. bought a used blackfoot xtreme. haven't done much to it yet. may not since the aftermarket support for it is terrible. hath i known i would have bought the clod instead. recently picked up a df03 kit (keen hawk) lots more fun and aftermarket out the nose. have a few parts so far on the way but will pretty much max it out at some point. anyways i have been quite bored bashing by myself and would like to find some poeple or a club or soemthing. this was the only colorado forum that wasn't abandoned or never finished. would like to get to some racing with my df03 but can't figure out what i can and can't do. any help pointers get togethers or whatever would be awesome. as long as it doens't interfere with getting on the lake and throwing my pole in the water i am in. i'm brian i am 25 and am on capital hill. below is some pictures i took of the hawk. taken while driving with a dslr and it was a little difficult.
Attached Thumbnails need to do a little networking-kh1.jpg   need to do a little networking-kh2.jpg   need to do a little networking-kh3.jpg  
Old 03-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You will find more Colorado off road rc racers here on this forum.
http://denver-rc.com/
Old 03-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

There is MHOR RC Raceway in Aurora, Colfax and Chambers.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by moth_baller
would like to get to some racing with my df03 but can't figure out what i can and can't do. any help pointers get togethers or whatever would be awesome.
Brian

Your car would be classified in the 4WD class.

Since their really isn't a Stock 4WD class you would be put in the Modified 4WD Class.

Basic rules for class
Motor any 540 Brushed or brushless
Battery - 6-cell 7.2volt NiMH or 2 Cell 7.4 volt Lipo(must be in hard case)
Width - 9-7/8"
Weight - 60oz

You can check out the Rule book here - www.roarracing.com

Come check out the racing on wednesday or Saturday nights - www.mhorrc.com
Old 04-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chadd, do you know which tires are generally the most popular in 4wd? I'm thinking about breaking out my Optima Mid, but would like to get the right tires first.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr_bungle
Chadd, do you know which tires are generally the most popular in 4wd? I'm thinking about breaking out my Optima Mid, but would like to get the right tires first.
Wow a Vintage racer....

J concepts - Bar Codes are the most popular
you can also use

Team Losi - Taper Pins
Panther - Switch

or if you want a longer lasting tire (but less traction)
Proline Hole-shots
Old 04-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

If there was enough support, I'd definitely do some vintage racing. I have an Optima, and Optima Mid, and plan on getting a JR-X2 to relive my youth.

Thanks for the tire info.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

I have an Optima & Optima Pro... They are both shelf queens, dont know if i could ever bring them out of retirement
Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Vintage racing sounds like an excellent idea to me, I say a heat of gold tubs going around the track would bring back some great memories.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry moth baller for taking your thread in the vintage direction. Give me a shout out next time you go run your 4x4 and maybe we could meet up. I know it's "ghetto" compared to the indoor MHOR track, but I was hoping to check out the free Wheel Park in Aurora in the near future.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

mr. bungle it's cool no worries.

i have never ran on a track so any track to me would probably be pretty awesome. i have seen the one at finish line r/c but it won't be ready til the end of april. and the one at r/c hobbies out by park meadows. i saw what the wheeler track looks like. doens't look bad at all to me. is there a track fee>?

the buggy is still stock. i have slipper, cvd, heatsink bar and tit turnbuckles on the way but i have quite a bit more purchasing before it'll be a real contender. rcmart is my only real friend for tamiya parts. until then i don't mind runnin stock. need the practice anyway before taking on the big boys. but yeah if your down in the next couple three weeks preferably the weekend, i am in to go run there. or if you end up going down there lemme know and i will try to show up. [email protected]. if you shoot me an email i will throw my number at you.

i will probably bring my blackfoot xtreme. my batteries aren't that great. the only decent one i have is a radio shack 7.2 3300nimh. the others are 1500 and 1900 nicd and the shaft 4wd buggy just eats them. the truck does a lot better. i have still yet to try any serious jumping since i put on the longer alloy shocks and towers. i have the nightmare of trying to get a lipo setup that isn't going to put me on the couch. the mrs has a real problem with me having hobbies sometimes.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey im building an offroad track in my back yard, and we have a nice free spot close by as well. (Im off of 104th and I-25). I have all kinds of cars i run, drifters, nitro sedans, and a crawler. So I have found spots all over town that are free to use and less crowded.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey i have an off road buggy and truck and im also looking for some free places to race at. i have a buddy that has an off road truck as well.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

What part of town are you in? we should get togeather, i have a good and free spot on 104th and I-25. I got a brushless slash thati go bash over there.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

www.denver-rc.com

Tracks and info -