Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
Will Denver ever have another permanent carpet track? >

Will Denver ever have another permanent carpet track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Denver ever have another permanent carpet track?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bull_Dog
What about going to the city for help since we have the nonprofit set up Mark I don't know that you have seen the soccer field that Ft. Collins built for the soccer club but it sits on 130 acres and most of it is used also look at Wyoming modelers park in Riverton still the coolest facility I have been to maybe Denver or surronding areas might want to help us out
Bulldog - that is exactly the process that I believed the club was heading with the pavement facility. The cost to do a building is pushing $100/sf so the cost with out the land for a 5,000 sf building would be pushing $500k.

That is why the pavement is do-able in the $50k range if we were able to rase the $25K. I felt that we could raise $7 - $8k each year, so the 3 year plan. We probably will not make that this year, but we should do even better next year.

To make this work, we need to really get some one to help sponsor or promote this activity. Read Parks & Rec Department, city, state or county.

As the building, Arapahoe County is really doing something similar with the reduced cost of the space. It just does not proivde a track set up for weekday practice.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

mark, your numbers are a bit off. right now we are renting wharehouse space is 7 to 8 bucks a foot for spaces under 10,000 sq ft. and it only costs about 45 bucks a foot to put up a building (with out the dirt, of course).

Last edited by al dente; 05-10-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here is the type of space we need;

http://denver.craigslist.org/off/672863231.html

Central location and good square footage.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There's all kinds of deals out there on warehouse space right now.

$2.50/sqft

http://denver.craigslist.org/off/669480124.html
Old 05-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

syndrome, for 4.80 per foot, that is going to be a tripple net lease. which means that the tennant is responsable for bldg upkeep, maintence, utilities, property taxes, and grounds maint.

the problem with tripple net leases, you never know when that big problem is coming. if the roof starts leaking, you pay to fix it. if the door falls off, you pay to fix it. parking lot needs to be fixed, you pay. you get the point.

these fees usually amount to an extra 2.50 - 3 bucks a foot.

the alternatave is a gross lease. which is what we do, all expenses paid except gas, elect, and telephone.

before we get too far into this thing, we need to get some funds in the bank. as of right now, we could not pay that rent for even 1 week.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by al dente
mark, your numbers are a bit off. right now we are renting wharehouse space is 7 to 8 bucks a foot for spaces under 10,000 sq ft. and it only costs about 45 bucks a foot to put up a building (with out the dirt, of course).
Mario, My numbers were just to arrive at a number. I would guess that unless the economy picks up $6 rent is possible. As to the cost to build, it could be $10/sf and it still would be out of reach.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Not to mention, taxes, snow removal, common area up keep ......

Originally Posted by al dente
syndrome, for 4.80 per foot, that is going to be a tripple net lease. which means that the tennant is responsable for bldg upkeep, maintence, utilities, property taxes, and grounds maint.

the problem with tripple net leases, you never know when that big problem is coming. if the roof starts leaking, you pay to fix it. if the door falls off, you pay to fix it. parking lot needs to be fixed, you pay. you get the point.

these fees usually amount to an extra 2.50 - 3 bucks a foot.

the alternatave is a gross lease. which is what we do, all expenses paid except gas, elect, and telephone.

before we get too far into this thing, we need to get some funds in the bank. as of right now, we could not pay that rent for even 1 week.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

With the newly acquired Invesco Track I was thinking maybe we could contact/invite a few park's people to an event. Obviously it would be advantageous to get a few more races under our belt's. I was just wondering if this was a way to approach someone in regards to a permanent track? As well it would be a great place to display the electric end of things Just a thought
Old 05-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
With the newly acquired Invesco Track: As well it would be a great place to display the electric end of things Just a thought
I was able to race with you guys at the last race, even though i didn't get my car figured out until the main I had a blast. At the next race I will have my boys with me and we have 3 Trans Am car set up with 17.5s and Lipo. I am hopeing to race them in a stock class as we would just get in the way of the Super Stock racers you have, They are fast

Well see you on the 18th

Rodney

Last edited by TMHippo; 05-11-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Sp
Old 05-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TMHippo
I was able to race with you guys at the last race, even though i didn't get my car figured out until the main I ahd a blast. At the next race I will have my boys with me and we have 3 Trans Am car set up with 17.5s and Lipo. I am hope to race them in a stock class and we would just get in the way of the Super Stock racers you have, They are fast

Well see you on the 18th

Rodney
Rodney, bring the boys and the TA's with lipo's. I'll get the same message to Eric Burket for his kids as well. So I think we can get a novice class around these cars.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

since we are racing at Invesco, maybe we could get a Bronco or Nugget hooked on the scene and have them foot the bill for a permanent track.

anyway; lets not forget the present, which is the next race at Invesco (!). I'll have to wrench hard on the mugen to be able keep up with you fast guys. I can't wait.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is it too early (from the club's perspective) to start more openly discussing ideas on where to race this winter? I know there's been some discussion about looking at places other than Arapahoe. A lot of us would really like to see a place we could leave the track setup, and maybe practice (or race) during the week. Here's some ideas I've collected from various folks:

• Finding someone with space that's sitting unused, and will let us pay a small fee+utilities.

• Finding a business/building with a large basement that's going unused, or only used for storage. Since it's not storefront, maybe it could be leased for cheap. There are tracks in the US that do this.

• Finding a church that's got some unused space (or basement) that could be leased for cheap.

• A roller rink that's closed on Sundays. Or maybe one that's closed entirely, and sitting unused.

• There's LOTS of empty grocery stores around

• What about putting an ad in the paper (and/or Craigslist) from the club explaining what we're looking for, and what we have to offer. Perhaps someone will approach us if we put it out there? Classified ads are cheap, and Craigslist is free. We could write up something nice, talk about how it's a great way to get kids away from video games, etc.
    Old 06-30-2008, 12:24 PM
    Tech Elite

syndrome, i think the craigslists thing is a good idea, i would say go for it.
    Old 06-30-2008, 04:09 PM
    Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
    Is it too early (from the club's perspective) to start more openly discussing ideas on where to race this winter? .
    Not at all. Most of the county facilities are leased 1-2 years out as we found out last year. On that note, do we (CORRC) have any dates with Arapahoe County? It would be sad if were looking for another place and do not have something to fall back on.

Officers??
    Old 06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
    Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
    Not at all. Most of the county facilities are leased 1-2 years out as we found out last year. On that note, do we (CORRC) have any dates with Arapahoe County? It would be sad if were looking for another place and do not have something to fall back on.

Officers??
    The Rev and I discussed this on Sunday, and I think that he is going to call Arapahoe county this week. In the mean time we should all be looking for a permeant place to race. We should be looking for a location that can host carpet racing all year around if we can. I know I am looking and I have some leads on some places and with all of the smart people we have in this club we should be able to figure this out. The question is do the racers in Denver want a permeant carpet facility in the Denver metro area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.