Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THERES A NEW TRACK IN TOWN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ouch..sorry to hear that... we'll have to figure something out so people dont do that..

I guess on the bright side though...now you have an excuse to have mostly new stuff on your car for Cleveland eh?

I'm going to go over there and stay there as long as it takes to pull a couple 8.somethings tonight...guess I should probably make a run for some parts first..

-Tyler
Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Dan
The track is fun, pulled 1 8.9, and several 9.0's and 9.1's. Broke my chassis, battery hold down, and damper tube stay hitting something...

Expensive night for me, I would recommend making the middle pipes into triangles to reduce some of the damage, the track can be fast if you have the balls to power through it...
I have the repair kit for that......
Old 11-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

RC_Dan-Yes asside from the expense it was a little frustratingThe last 2 run's I broke less than 2 minutes inin each of them I'm sure that you'll have it fixed up before the next raceday

Revolution 31-I would suggest to put the straight on the opposite side of the track. But I don't know where all the "bumps" are The layout was very tight even for 1/12th? I don't want this to be misunderstood, I'm not criticizing but those 4 pieces of pipe jetting out into that short straight (What were you thinking) I'm sure with a few tweaks it'll be just fine... And an FYI in cleveland they will pack the heats, no 3 or 5 car heats...Otherwise Good Luck in Cleveland and I'll see you guy's in a couple weeks...
Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
Revolution 31-I would suggest to put the straight on the opposite side of the track. But I don't know where all the "bumps" are The layout was very tight even for 1/12th? I don't want this to be misunderstood, I'm not criticizing but those 4 pieces of pipe jetting out into that short straight (What were you thinking) I'm sure with a few tweaks it'll be just fine... And an FYI in cleveland they will pack the heats, no 3 or 5 car heats...
Well, if you want your car to fly into the wall on the west side of the track we could turn the course around (there would be a massive bump at the end of the straight).

As for the pipes coming out in the short straight ... I agree, they suck.. they were supposed to resemble an s-curve like we had on the previous track...but we didn't have the right sized pipes to do it properly... I guess you never know if it's going to work or not until you try it eh?

I think we are going to completely change the track again on Monday, make it flow a little better and break fewer big parts... Depending on how late oval goes on Saturday...it might even get changed before Sunday so that there is a decent groove already on Wednesday...but that's not my call

Otherwise Good Luck in Cleveland and I'll see you guy's in a couple weeks...
Thanks, have fun at the first CORRC race...if it wasn't so damned expensive, I would probably go :P

-Tyler
Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Track is fixed

Alright...well after some trial and error, we fixed the parts of the track that were breaking parts.... The initial pipe going into the S-curve is now longer so you have to slow down, and prevents you from hitting the other pipes at full speed... We also took out the zig-zag before the straight so there isnt a random corner sticking out going into the straight... There arent as many other random corners sticking out around the track any more either...

Anyways, we will be running oval tomorrow night for anyone who is interested. The track will open at noon, the road course will be set up until 2:00 pm, and the oval track will be set up by 2:30 pm (give or take, depending on how many oval racers are ready to practice). Racing will start around 6:30 pm. See you there.

-Tyler
Old 11-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Thanks for Coming out on Wed guys! i am hoping we see more excitement for the night in the upcoming weeks.

Just to let you guys i know i like the track the way it was but you will enjoy the updated layout. Really the part that broke everybody ( or atleast me and john) was the easy section on the west side.

Im looking to talk to my dad about more lighting on the track. As , i dont about you guys but for me, the dark to light spots on the track jack with my distance judging.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

hi
Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for another great race weekend, need some more Oval guys to come out! And good turn out for sunday, even as half the gus that normally come out were gone. Come out for wednesday guys and enjoy the easier track layout. you all need to get your butts kick by the race director ( me )!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Good race weekend

Originally Posted by mxzhonkey
you all need to get your butts kick by the race director ( me )!
Considering you only made two of the four races and had nothing to do but work on your car for most of the time...

Either way, it was a fun weekend of racing with all of you who came out Saturday and today... there weren't many broken parts today with the updated track, and plenty of people hit the wall, including myself...

Thanks to all of you who came out this weekend, see you all again Wednesday and next weekend before we head to Cleveland.

Also, just so you all know, the track WILL be open for racing on Thanksgiving weekend on both Saturday and Sunday. Paul will be running the races on both Saturday Oval and Sunday road course. The shop will be open as usual on both days. The tech-n-tune times, and Wednesday night racing times, however, may be altered during Thanksgiving week, so stop by this week for an updated schedule (if there is one).

-Tyler
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default 12th Scale Wed Nov 21st

Anyone running 12th scale next Wed night? I might be able to make it down for a full night. No hockey this week due to Thanksgiving
Old 11-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Lowell and Debbie (the track owners) will definitely run 12th scale (19T or Stock) if you show up to race. Five of us who normally race 1/12 will be in Cleveland next Wednesday, but we will all be racing this Sunday

3 Days, 1 hour, 24 minutes till we leave for Cleveland
Old 11-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

New track layout looks good!

There are should be a few others that normally race 1/12 on Wed as well.

Less than 3 days till Cleveland... and counting!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Dan-when are you guy's leaving, racing should be good this weekend at the "E" plex...
Old 11-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

2 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes, 10 seconds... no sooner no later

EAAAAAARLY Monday morning basically.

Don't forget, tomorrow we will be running oval. The track will be set up by 2pm and racing starts at 6:30 or so. See you all there!

-Tyler
Old 11-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Dan-when are you guy's leaving, racing should be good this weekend at the "E" plex...
What Tyler said, early Mon morning. I won't be racing This Sunday as I have to work at HT all day... I will stop by afterwards though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.