Traxxas Ford GT

• Its finally here and it looks way better in person. I already have the new VXL Combo in it and the Traxxas 3S 5000 pack fits with no problem, actually feels like there is a bit of room for a slightly thicker pack.
    I also installed the Savox SC-1251 Metal Gear Low Profile Servo in it. Had to shave a hair off the linkage ball as the screw was touching the servo at full lock.
    Stock 21 Pinion installed for now because I think its going to be plenty fast on the VXL 3S Setup
    I wasn't able to bolt down the esc like the stock one was because the holes on this are slightly bigger than the Xl-5 so I just used outdoor 3M Tape.
    Probably going to run a different body while I dial it in because this GT body is insane!!!

Pics for your viewing pleasure....

• Well, that ought to be bonkers

• Sweet, nice work on the pics.
  • Good-looking Ford GT Body.

My son wants that body.

Does Traxxas make - sell the body separate from the chassis in the box?

If you know this info...
    -What is the Wheelbase?
    -What is the Track-Width?

Take Care
  • Thanks

I imagine the bodies will soon be available from Traxxas and probably the chop shops on eBay.

The Wheelbase is 10.1 inches (256mm)

Front Track 7.7 inches (195.6mm)
    Rear Track 7.9 inches (200.1mm)
  • very beautiful car and good photography skills , but i think the best thing would be if the light worked the rear lights would look flawless.
  • Quote: Thanks

I imagine the bodies will soon be available from Traxxas and probably the chop shops on eBay.

The Wheelbase is 10.1 inches (256mm)

Front Track 7.7 inches (195.6mm)
    Rear Track 7.9 inches (200.1mm)

Thanks for the info djmaincheese.
  • When do you think the body will hit the shops?
    I hope Traxxas doesn't put the bodies in the shops after August.(summer would be over)
  • Looks awesome. They have one on display at my LHS/track. I was looking at it the other night, when I was there. Sweet-looking rig.
  • Has anyone try drifting with this chassis wonder how good it will be for drift.