Pro Supercross / Motocross Discussion >

Pro Supercross / Motocross Discussion

Like Tree523Likes

Pro Supercross / Motocross Discussion

Old 10-11-2021, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Digit09 View Post
Maybe I didn't convey something correctly. We never did anything to a GYTR head except bolt it on and run it. Same with the Yoshi head. Now im back to a stock casting and did the porting and polishing myself. Nothing crazy just smooth out the casting marks. Just tired if this 2017 tearing up heads. Went to the dealership in Glen Bernie MD to pick up the bike and bastards sold it last night before they closed. The next closest place that had one in stock was Speed and Sport in PA and I wasn't up for a total of 7 hours of driving today. Got on the list at Delmarva Powrrsports for at least one new bike, hopefully they can get us two. It's always something.
Oh ok. I misunderstood you. I thought you guys were modding the GYTR heads after purchase. But that makes sense. And that is a bummer about the '22s. It's tough to get one. Did you put any $ down? I wouldn't trust being just on a list. When I got my '21 I as soon as they said they had 2 coming in, I put $500 down over the phone right then, just to be certain that it wouldn't get sold out from under me.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well,
Off-roading's future doesn't look too good for Cali. A new bill was just signed to ban small IC engines. This includes mowers, generators, chainsaws, blowers, etc... It is for new sales and it starts in 2024.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Well,
Off-roading's future doesn't look too good for Cali. A new bill was just signed to ban small IC engines. This includes mowers, generators, chainsaws, blowers, etc... It is for new sales and it starts in 2024.
I just saw that. What the heck? That is wild, man. That certainly is going to change some things.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

It's stupid because people will just drive to the next state over and get a new one. They can't require us to license them because they are used on private property. All the small engine repair shops are going to start to make a fortune now. Maybe I should open one.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's stupid because people will just drive to the next state over and get a new one. They can't require us to license them because they are used on private property. All the small engine repair shops are going to start to make a fortune now. Maybe I should open one.
Ya, I just wonder with this going into effect, you have to think it's only right around the corner before this invades on all things bike/atv related. That's a real bummer. Especially because I'm not totally convinced that electric is any better for the environment, at least with where we are at right now. But I guess that is another conversation. Something I thought was weird was how portable generators are part of that. Most people I know have gasoline generators to power their house when the power is out or to use where no power is available to plug in. So it seems counter-productive to include those into this. I dunno lol. I'm glad I don't live in Cali (no offense)
Old 10-12-2021, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AJH387 View Post
Ya, I just wonder with this going into effect, you have to think it's only right around the corner before this invades on all things bike/atv related. That's a real bummer. Especially because I'm not totally convinced that electric is any better for the environment, at least with where we are at right now. But I guess that is another conversation. Something I thought was weird was how portable generators are part of that. Most people I know have gasoline generators to power their house when the power is out or to use where no power is available to plug in. So it seems counter-productive to include those into this. I dunno lol. I'm glad I don't live in Cali (no offense)

LOL...
Trust me, I'm not offended that people don't like California. If I didn't work in my current position, I would move out.

The biggest issue with not allowing generators is the fact the the electric companies will shut down the electricity to your house if they think the wind will cause the wires to spark and start a fire. This has happened quite a bit, last year, and many people need generators to keep the frig and freezer going.

They are working really hard to find ways to make it hard to get off-road bikes out there. Starting next year, the new bikes will have to meet more strict emission laws. That's why 2-strokes are now in the past.
AJH387 likes this.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im in Frankfurt for two weeks right now, trying to make it to Madrid for Sunday. Not looking good but we'll see.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

LOL...
Trust me, I'm not offended that people don't like California. If I didn't work in my current position, I would move out.

The biggest issue with not allowing generators is the fact the the electric companies will shut down the electricity to your house if they think the wind will cause the wires to spark and start a fire. This has happened quite a bit, last year, and many people need generators to keep the frig and freezer going.

They are working really hard to find ways to make it hard to get off-road bikes out there. Starting next year, the new bikes will have to meet more strict emission laws. That's why 2-strokes are now in the past.
Ya that is a very good point about the generators. I feel like they should be excluded, just because of the emergency functionality. This will certainly get interesting.

BTW, I saw Brett Cue came up to PA, from OK to buy a '22 YZ250 from 1 of our local dealers. I wonder if they are just really hard to find and he had to come up here to get it.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe there is a slow release due to the factories still having limited employees due to COVID. Shipping right now also sucks.
AJH387 likes this.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AJH387 View Post
Ya that is a very good point about the generators. I feel like they should be excluded, just because of the emergency functionality. This will certainly get interesting.

BTW, I saw Brett Cue came up to PA, from OK to buy a '22 YZ250 from 1 of our local dealers. I wonder if they are just really hard to find and he had to come up here to get it.
Hell yes they are that hard to find. Especially when you call a dealer you know and they sell the thing out from under you, to be fair I did not put anything down as I was going to pay for it all in person. Anyway, I was trying to get in a trip to Madrid for the MXGP but its just not going to happen. I've never been to MXGP and had I came to Germany two weeks earlier I could have made it to the one in Teutschenthal, DE on Oct 3. Oh well, maybe next year......
Old 10-18-2021, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Digit09 View Post
Hell yes they are that hard to find. Especially when you call a dealer you know and they sell the thing out from under you, to be fair I did not put anything down as I was going to pay for it all in person. Anyway, I was trying to get in a trip to Madrid for the MXGP but its just not going to happen. I've never been to MXGP and had I came to Germany two weeks earlier I could have made it to the one in Teutschenthal, DE on Oct 3. Oh well, maybe next year......
I figured the 250 2stroke would be. It's funny, there is actually a dealer near me that advertised on FB that they just got 2 '21 YZ250F's in that were unclaimed. I was shocked by that. It's such a weird time right now, for buying. And ya, I don't trust anyone's word, especially when demand is high. Even my dealer that I use and have a strong relationship with. I put $500 over the phone and committed to it, so that I could make sure I got it, when it came in. Then I just paid the rest in person. And I had also sold my Husky in the meantime so I was without a bike (in some ways, as I did still have the 125.)

Would be awesome to see a race overseas. Hopefully you get to at some point.
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

So, it looks like the small engine ban in California may include off-road motorcycles. It states that any off-road IC motor that produces less than 25hp will be banned. CARB is drawing up the final draft for it, but it was mentioned that motorcycles and ATV's may be on the list.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a sneak peak of the new KTM I was talking about. So this is what the guys will be racing this year. A 22.5 model, which is also essentially what the '23s will be. Pretty ugly, as far as plastics go, but I'm sure they have some nice updates. The debut in a few weeks.

OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Picked up this little gem today. 2004 crf250x (270cc kit) rekluse clutch, heated hand grips, extra rear wheel with trial tire, gear bag with gear, extra plastics, extra sprockets, left side rear brake lever and it's all setup for woods racing. Taking on a new hobby like I need that. Lol Not bad for 1k!

AJH387 likes this.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like fun. Nice pick-up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.