Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Hobbyking customer support is a joke > Hobbyking customer support is a joke

Hobbyking customer support is a joke

Old 08-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobbyking customer support is a joke

Just wanted to vent my frustration with Hobbyking here. I'm almost a platinum member on their site and after this I won't be ordering there again.
  • 6/18 I ordered a set of batteries for $63.95
  • 6/20 Hobbyking rep emails me, backordered item. Can credit account so I can order different set and I accept the credit instead of refund
  • 6/20 I order new batteries with a price difference of $49
  • 6/23 Batteries haven't shipped yet (was supposed to ship 6/21), decide to cancel order
  • 6/23 They ship the batteries at 4pm CST anyways
  • 6/24 I call Fedex and put a stop on the package, they comply and mark return to sender
  • 6/30 The package lands at their AR warehouse
  • 7/12 I contact them and inquire about my refund, they say they can't verify the whereabouts of the package and that they'll expedite it with the warehouse
  • 7/18 I contact them again to inquire about the refund and get the same story and promise
  • 7/18 I file a Paypal dispute for the $49 since the original transaction was through my debit card (Bank can't help me since Hobbyking refunded my original $63.95+shpping transaction as store credit that I spent)
  • 7/27 Paypal rewards my $49 refund
  • 7/30 30th day anniversary of when they received the package back at their warehouse. I emailed their support to let them know I am still waiting for the rest of my refund.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Only one bad transaction and you bail on them?

Anytime I order from HobbyKing, I realize that I'm not going to get the expedited service like I would get from other retailers. However, the cost savings makes it worth it to me.

After you cool off, you might think differently. As long as you get the refund and are made whole, I wouldn't worry too much.

It's kind of crappy that you posted this on multiple forums, over one bad experience. It sounds like they have treated you well on previous occasions.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Day 45 update is: There is no update. No refund and no package located.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

The simple run is: Cheap, service, quality. Pick two.

I pretty much gave up on them. Either my card does not work for them, I do not do paypal, or some other issue comes up that that my order does not go through. Only thing I buy from them goes through amazon.

Buzz.