Selling for Newbie - Zero Trader rating >

Selling for Newbie - Zero Trader rating

Selling for Newbie - Zero Trader rating

Old 03-04-2016, 01:15 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Selling for Newbie - Zero Trader rating

Hello - How do I get a better trader rating, or enable myself to sell here? Seems like a catch 22.

I've been a member for about 6 months. Purchased 3 items here. However, when I asked for a trade of another member, it was brought up that having Zero trading record was a red flag and no thank you? It didn't help that I had 2 accounts, as a function of having login issues and creating a permanent one about 6 months ago.

Nevertheless, any recommendation as to how to combat this problem? I have positive records on my Ebay account? Does that make people more comfortable.

thx in advance.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I would go back to those who you have delt with in the past and ask if they can leave feedback. People will understand that your trying to build up some confidence and if you haven't leave feedback to those same people yourself.

Seems like about half my transactions get no feedback. I probably have missed giving a few feedbacks too!
Old 03-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When you made your purchases did you rate the sellers? I've only been a member here for a couple of months, but I have 2 trader ratings on two purchases I made. I just rated the sellers and they rated me back.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

I am the one that didn't want to make the trade and I'll easily say that. Two accounts and zero trader rating are two red flags and trust me, I'm not the only one who would say that.
My username can be looked up and I can be found because of work I did with sprint cars. My first trade was with a member on here and he did the same as I did, said no. Once I gave some proof of how I could be found we moved forward.
Having your friends vouch for you does little for me. I think that most will say the same thing on that as well. Should the people you've dealt with engage in some trader ratings I'll revisit this.
Blake
Old 03-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Wink

Before you can get feedback, especially as a noob, is give it. You're profile shows no feedback for any deals? If you'll look under their name, see the blue underlined "Trader Rating" under the guys that dealt with you? Start there, submit feedback on the guys you bought from. It notifies them you have left feedback and they should leave some for you.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 375 (100%+)

We all started with zero rating , when I wanted to trade with someone I always was asked to ship first if other guy had more feedback than me. I also bought from guys with more feedback than me. Eventually I got up to 20 positives and people started to trust me. You gotta do what you gotta do to get good feedback. If a guy with no feedback wants to trade ..... Sure I'll trade but I'll ship after u send yours first and it is as described.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

I'm in the same boat...are y'all saying my charm and stunning good looks won't count for much here?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BruceR. View Post
I'm in the same boat...are y'all saying my charm and stunning good looks won't count for much here?
LOL.......No!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 375 (100%+)

On here even if you are Brat Pitts brother Stu, I won't ship to you unles u ship first . No feedback , no love
Old 03-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie View Post
Before you can get feedback, especially as a noob, is give it. You're profile shows no feedback for any deals? If you'll look under their name, see the blue underlined "Trader Rating" under the guys that dealt with you? Start there, submit feedback on the guys you bought from. It notifies them you have left feedback and they should leave some for you.
I have done a ton of deals here and trust me a lot of guy's don't leave u feedback at all .been there.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

All I can say is, you have to "pay your dues" to an extent... just keep working at it and do things the right way- eventually you will build up a solid reputation. There are numerous horror-stories that have occurred within the buy / sell / trade game here, so don't be surprised that as a newer member it's a bit difficult in the beginning... Mods work hard to keep the scamming to a minimum, and the regulars / long-term members watch threads like hawks as well.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Well, I've only bought one thing off here so far. But I have a couple things I'd like to sell in the near future. We'll see how it goes when the time comes.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well, I've only bought one thing off here so far. But I have a couple things I'd like to sell in the near future. We'll see how it goes when the time comes.
If you don't plan on becoming an Elite member you've got a little over a month and 63 more LEGIT posts to go before we find out.

Please, please don't try post running to get to 90. It ends badly for you.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeakemedia View Post
I am the one that didn't want to make the trade and I'll easily say that. Two accounts and zero trader rating are two red flags and trust me, I'm not the only one who would say that.
My username can be looked up and I can be found because of work I did with sprint cars. My first trade was with a member on here and he did the same as I did, said no. Once I gave some proof of how I could be found we moved forward.
Having your friends vouch for you does little for me. I think that most will say the same thing on that as well. Should the people you've dealt with engage in some trader ratings I'll revisit this.
Blake
Seems fishy
Old 03-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default 90 days

I am new at this also. I am patiently waiting for my 90 days and 90 post. I have been very pleased with every one i have had dealing with so fat. I have heard the term post running used and don't do to get post count up to 90 quicker. What is post running sorry to be stupid but don't know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright İ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.