Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
LiveRC just get marginalized? >

LiveRC just get marginalized?

LiveRC just get marginalized?

Reply

Old 12-07-2015, 06:33 PM
  #1  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default LiveRC just get marginalized?

Of course, it won't have timing and scoring...However:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2015...video-service/

I see this helping local tracks do live streaming.
Socket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:22 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
R1Joel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,184
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
I see this helping local tracks do live streaming.
I hope so. It would be interesting to see more lower level races. Live RCs coverage is for the most part is fairly substandard so there wont be much if any difference in quality.
R1Joel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:25 AM
  #3  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,080
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R1Joel View Post
I hope so. It would be interesting to see more lower level races. Live RCs coverage is for the most part is fairly substandard so there wont be much if any difference in quality.
Substandard compared to what?
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:33 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
R1Joel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,184
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

RC Racing TV does alot better job in my opinion.
R1Joel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:36 AM
  #5  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,080
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R1Joel View Post
RC Racing TV does alot better job in my opinion.
Never heard of it (until now and I Googled it)

Different markets maybe, I've never seen them cover any races I've been interested in. And the only International races that really interest me are the 1/8 and 1/10 IFMAR Worlds (off road).
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:41 AM
  #6  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,080
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Of course, it won't have timing and scoring...However:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2015...video-service/

I see this helping local tracks do live streaming.
I'm all for anything that can help local tracks but how does this help them? Who's gonna see it, know it's there, or find out about it?

You're gonna need a lot more than a simple video feed to marginalize LRC, IMO.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:58 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
EricW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Meriden, Ct
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Of course, it won't have timing and scoring...However:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2015...video-service/

I see this helping local tracks do live streaming.
It's going to incorporate lap times too?
EricW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:55 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (32)
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,849
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EricW View Post
It's going to incorporate lap times too?
If its live streaming do you need to see lap times? Wouldnt listening to the race announcer be adequate along with watching the race?

I cant wait for a day when I dont have to listen to a screaming A-mian Hobby or Kyosho commercials. Not to mention all the other crap that is wrong with their website.
Kevin K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:59 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (57)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,672
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

No. LiveRC won't be affected by this. YouTube has live stream ability and I have her to see a track use it. That makes more sense to me than any of these phone live streams.

I'm not a fan of LiveRC but I pay the membership because it's really all we have. I do like the live scoring but the video is atrocious. Resolution is often piss poor. I think it would have been better off making it slightly delayed and getting the resolution right. For still cameras, it's really hard to follow the action and with a moving camera, sometimes it's hard to tell what the camera guy is even doing.

Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
If its live streaming do you need to see lap times? Wouldnt listening to the race announcer be adequate along with watching the race?

I cant wait for a day when I dont have to listen to a screaming A-mian Hobby or Kyosho commercials. Not to mention all the other crap that is wrong with their website.
Sometimes I turn it on in the middle of a Club race and can't make out who the leader is.
shagino is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:10 AM
  #10  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shagino View Post
No. LiveRC won't be affected by this. YouTube has live stream ability and I have her to see a track use it. That makes more sense to me than any of these phone live streams.

I'm not a fan of LiveRC but I pay the membership because it's really all we have. I do like the live scoring but the video is atrocious. Resolution is often piss poor. I think it would have been better off making it slightly delayed and getting the resolution right. For still cameras, it's really hard to follow the action and with a moving camera, sometimes it's hard to tell what the camera guy is even doing.



Sometimes I turn it on in the middle of a Club race and can't make out who the leader is.

Where this covers youtube is the connection to instant streaming. When a track or person goes live, it can alert ALL likes. It's more than just a post, it's a prompt in your facebook notifications that a person is live. Whereas a company post can be jumbled and hidden deep based on the paid sponsor dollars when you link to a youtube stream.

Also, think about the camera in question. With FB, it's a promised phone/wifi based system, not requiring any sort of computer processing. You're a stand away from a super reliable and clear feed. No more webcam crap quality.
Socket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:25 AM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
EricW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Meriden, Ct
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I use LiveRC and pay the yearly membership fee. I have no issue with the stream quality, I use ChromeCast and broadcast it right to the TV in my living room. Video looks great and it's nice to have lap times and live chat with other people watching.
EricW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:16 PM
  #12  
Tech Champion
 
Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ocala, Florida
Posts: 5,087
Default

I doubt liverc will be marginalized by this.

There are problems with liverc but some of them can be attributed to equipment and internet connections at the tracks.
Mason is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service