R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 04-18-2002, 10:20 PM   #31
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

good to hear from you fellas. dragon, the mission is so nice. i have a 99 pro and i love schumacher's ideas and quality. it looks like the mission has it right on with the new drive train. well, i gotta go for now. i'll check back.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 11:19 PM   #32
Tech Elite

hey dragon, did anyone make a one way for the bullet? my project is coming along nicely. i just wonder how much i want to put into it, if i can't run a one way. let me know. btw - who else uses 35 tooth pulleys? the output bearings seem to be standard on all cars so...you get the picture. later. oh, and we have two pages on the thread now. props.
Old 04-28-2002, 03:30 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Default Pulleys

Seaball I hear you,

There was a oneway pulley made for the car I never ran it but it's in my tool box.
I tried to find a 35t but I quit seaching. The standard diff works great if you use the Yokomo diff trust kit.
BTW I ran the Mission for the fist time yesterday, wow!
I have a neat project for this car for the fall season and to make things interesting my factory drivers are starting to look the part.
Should be wicked fun!
Dragonxmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 04:07 PM   #34
Tech Elite

dragon,
man you must be on here all of the time. you reply asap. good to hear of your success, and that the mission is a killer. i always contemplate selling the 99pro, but it's so solid. you've got to let me know how that mission is relative to the fsr. handlingwise, of course. i don't have the experience you do. any other hints would be appreciated. later, chris.

btw - what is the diff trust kit physically?
Old 04-29-2002, 08:18 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Default Live here

Hi Seaball,

Ya I check the threads here often. Yokomo sells a trusht bearing kit that has the adjusting screw, locknut, thrust ball and everything. It's metric size but the locknut fits in the hex socket.
If you use the stock FSR parts and grind off the treads it runs fairly smoothly. But with the Yokomo kit it goes straight in with no fuss, don't use the lockwashers insted I use one old thrust ring...

I'm building a display case for my custom built cars, the FSR will be the second one in after my mid engine off-road car. It served us well and is still an excellent drive...

On to the Mission!
Old 06-09-2002, 08:55 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Default Gearing Ratio?

HI... I just got the FSR Bullet to start up the RC hobby. As I'm still new, can anyone please tell me how to calculate the transmision gear ratios for 48 and 64 pitches? Thank you very much.
LKW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 09:06 PM   #37
Tech Initiate

Default Replacement for UJ?

Almost forgotten... One of my UJs is having problem. Is there any replacement for it? If yes, what is the brand and model? Thank you again.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:48 PM   #38
Tech Elite

sure.

the internal ratio of the bullet is found by dividing the number of differential pulley teeth (35 for the fsr) by the number of layshaft pulley teeth (15). that yeilds 2.33 : 1

then you do the same with the spur and pinion...say 87/29 = 3.00 : 1

then you take the two ratios and multiply them...2.33 x 3.00 = 7.00 : 1 which is your final drive ratio.

the internal will only change if you use the 16 tooth pulley to drive the differential, but that will make the belts way too tight, so consider it fixed at 2.33

regardless of the pitch of the pinion and spur combo, you will always use this method. pitch is traditionally defined as the number of teeth that will fit in a given distance around the circumference. that means that a 64 pitch gear will fit 33% more teeth in the same distance as a 48. therefore a 90 tooth gear in 48 pitch will be the same overall diameter as its 120 tooth counterpart in 64 pitch. yada, yada, yada, just divide the driven gear by the drive gear, and multiply both products to get your final.

hope this helps.
Old 06-09-2002, 10:37 PM   #39
Tech Initiate

Seaball,

Thanks a lot for the information, I'll keep that in mind. By the way, do you by chance know of any replacement UJs for the FSR?
Old 06-10-2002, 04:44 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Default UJ

You can repalce the rear UJ with TC3's. They will break if you try them in the front though.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:50 AM   #41
Tech Initiate

Default Front UJs

Dragonxmx,

You meant there is no replacement for the front UJs? But I thought the FSR's front and rear UJs are of the same size. And thanks for the information.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:02 PM   #42
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

A place called the Track in Gathersburg, Maryland has parts for the FSR. They more than likely still have new FSR's for sale and should still have a fair amount of parts for them.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:03 PM   #43
Tech Initiate

Default Contact?

wyd,

As I'm from Singapore, do you have an email contact for that track you mentioned? Thanks.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:00 PM   #44
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

www.rctrack.com should do the trick for you. They had a ton of FSR stuff as a few guys their use to race these cars pretty heavily. Two of them ran for CRC and FSR. CRC might still have some FSR stuff as well since they were a distributor of FSR stuff.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 03:36 AM   #45
Tech Adept

Default Front UJ

They are the same. But the FSR UJ allow more turning radius than the TC3 MIP CVD. That's not a problem in the rear the wheel doesn't turn, but if you put it in front you would need to limit the turning mechanically to prevent breakage.
I use the TC3's in the rear and the standards in front with great results.