Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
ActivePowerSports.com aka SidebySideSports.com DBA Escondido PowerSports BEWARE!! >

ActivePowerSports.com aka SidebySideSports.com DBA Escondido PowerSports BEWARE!!

ActivePowerSports.com aka SidebySideSports.com DBA Escondido PowerSports BEWARE!!

Old 09-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Angry ActivePowerSports.com aka SidebySideSports.com DBA Escondido PowerSports BEWARE!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for a heads up on a shady company, but since it pertains to the purchase of a brand new hard to find release of the on-road 1/10 HPI RS4 Sport 3 Flux 911, the r/c portion of Escondido Powersports which is ActivePowerSports.com claimed to have the item in stock so I went ahead purchased it about $20-30 above MSRP AND EXPRESS 2 DAY SHIPPING.

Obviously I paid via PayPal for my security. I have purchased crawler parts from them sometimes at slightly above pricing I could find elsewhere but only if I absolutely needed the part for an upcoming event or build. Never had an issue with delays or back orders until this purchase which totaled to $330.25.

I had to file a dispute against ActivePowerSports.com aka SidebySideSports.com DBA Escondido Motorsports after some one there notified me the item would back ordered 3-4 weeks without a guaranteed time frame they would receive it by. They also said in the email we can give you the option of a full PayPal refund. I replied same day.

6 days later still no response despite the fact I had already opened a dispute ticket with PayPal against this company for false advertising.

If they were back ordered, then I'd rather wait instead of paying $20-$30 above MSRP AND the rush 2 day delivery. What idiot would? Time was of the essence on this order for my kid.

Finally got my PayPal funds back today in 2 hours. Never will I buy from these guys again. Promising things in their website they don't necessarily have in stock then delaying A FULL BUSINESS WEEK of not replying to a customer's agreement to a full refund as issued from the company?

Hope nobody else has to go through that hassle.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Lesson learned - this IS a 2 way street.

A lot of these companies run cheap ERP systems linked to their web stores, and can't control their inventory at all. I actually ran across them when searching for a then VERY hard to find D815.

It said it was instock - I then called and gave them their part number and they confirmed they didn't.

For these shops, I always now call ahead and make sure.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had the same problem with them about 6 months ago. They said it was in stock and after a month they finally told me it was back ordered. I filed a claim with PP and got my money back. They are a bad deal.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 225 (100%+)

Those are places I stay away from!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I've heard nothing good about them. They have great prices and frequently show up under Google shopping links. They carry almost no inventory, so I steer clear.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
I've heard nothing good about them. They have great prices and frequently show up under Google shopping links. They carry almost no inventory, so I steer clear.
That's why they say patience is a virtue!!

Who would have thought after my frustration with them....I checked eBay literally 1-2 hours brand new HPI RS4 Sprint 3 Flux $250!!!! Saved me $105.25!!!

Anyways glad PayPal got my back....but I will NEVER buy from these guys again.