Saltwater Aquariums >

Saltwater Aquariums

Saltwater Aquariums

Old 06-16-2015, 01:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Saltwater Aquariums

Hi everyone.

Just curious if there are any ReefKeepers on here. If so post up pictures!

Old 06-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

I was really into freshwater for a while. My neighbor has a huge saltwater tank with a live reef. I got paid to take care of it for a while when he was on vacation. Very cool, but a lot more work than freshwater.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yep i have 2 reef tanks i like clams an hybrid clowns i have been doing tanks all my life it seems i really enjoy it i would post pics but cant or don't no how ,,i want to post one of my clam
Old 06-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bajaking9 View Post
Hi everyone.

Just curious if there are any ReefKeepers on here. If so post up pictures!

Really sweet tank i love the short style ,an how much led lights have help the reefer
Old 06-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nerdyrcdriver View Post
I was really into freshwater for a while. My neighbor has a huge saltwater tank with a live reef. I got paid to take care of it for a while when he was on vacation. Very cool, but a lot more work than freshwater.
Yes a lot more work than fresh water but very rewarding. I've seen some spectacular fresh water aquariums though.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Aswild View Post
Yep i have 2 reef tanks i like clams an hybrid clowns i have been doing tanks all my life it seems i really enjoy it i would post pics but cant or don't no how ,,i want to post one of my clam
Clam are awesome animals but can be difficult to care for. They devour so much calcium. So if you want to keep stony Corsls with clams it can be a real struggle.

Clowns are the best fish hands down. I have some VERY high end RARE fish.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Here are some pictures of my families aquarium. We just got it back up and running about a month or two ago after sitting empty for the last 10 years. It used to just be fish, but since the rebirth we put in a new filter, sump and protein skimmer in the basement to grow live rock. Its a 30 gallon tank, but the whole system is about 40 gallons. Its very unique in its location right in our front foyer when you walk in the house. All the plumbing is located in the crawlspace/basement below the floor under the tank.

Right now we have some anemones, sponges, tube worms, urchins, crabs, shrimp, snails etc. Only 2 damsel fish. We will eventually get rid of the damsels in favor of many more colorful fish, but we are just focusing on getting the aquarium stable and establish cycles and so forth. In a couple months we will likely acquire more fish and try to grow some coral.

The striped damsel is named "Albert," the Blue one is named "Captain Jim"

Whole view with the lights hanging above the tank

Backside view with some sponges

Front side view with the anemones

Side view of the tank

Sponges and Urchins with crab in the middle crevice

Shrimp and urchin with tube worms

Up close of the urchin and tube worms attached. We like to call him the Urchin Hotel. The tube worms detached once, but latched back on after only a couple hours. They just cruise around the tank on his back
Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yea Ive got one. This was it just before the crash. Everything is starting to come back from frags again now though. Its a 220.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Those are some really nice tanks! I used to have a saltwater tank before I moved to Hawaii. (couldnt take it with) would love to get another one some day. Todays tanks are much easier to maintain I think with the built in filtration systems, hhhmmmm, I think Im jonesing now....
Old 09-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

I never had time to get into reef but spent a good amount of time working on freshwater planted aquariums.

Here are a couple of my layouts...

jB
Old 10-19-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Bajaking, be careful letting your little princess put her hands in the tank with that foxface swimming right next to it. Their dorsal spines are venomous.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice tanks, I'm a fellow reef tank owner also. It's kinda funny. I've met many people over the years on different forums that I share other hobbies with. They kinda run hand and hand!