Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
what do you own and what are your setups? > what do you own and what are your setups?

what do you own and what are your setups?

Old 05-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default what do you own and what are your setups?

fairly self explanitory i guess... i own a traxxas bandit that started as an xl-5 but it only took 1 or 2 packs before i dropped in a sv3 4600kv system and 2s lipo. hpi rs4 first generation, xl5 combo out of bandit (atleast untill i get race gear then i am putting a roar approved stock class motor from 1995 and a novak rooster esc) i am planning on putting it into t2. i also own about 3/4 of a slash 2wd that i will slowly build with extra parts, a losi mini lst that is all stock, and a kyosho optima mid se all stock. thats me, what about you!

Last edited by thatguyyouknow; 07-12-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Stampede 2wd

Proline tires and wheels
Radiant Reaktor 3500kv brushless motor/esc
Traxxas big bore shocks

Old 05-25-2015, 12:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Dominus 10 scv2

Castle SW3 4600kv (soon to be duratrax onyx 3650kv motor/esc)
Itegy motor heat sink & fan
Aluminum threaded shocks
Traxxas slash wheels w/BFG KM2 mud terrain tires
Savox 0251 servo
13T pinion / 54T spur

Last edited by BeauFlex; 05-25-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BeauFlex View Post
Stampede 2wd

Proline tires and wheels
Radiant Reaktor 3500kv brushless motor/esc
Traxxas big bore shocks

i used to own a stampede but i then converted it to a slash
Old 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BeauFlex View Post
Dominus 10 scv2

Castle SW3 4600kv (soon to be duratrax onyx 3650kv motor/esc)
Itegy motor heat sink & fan
Aluminum threaded shocks
Traxxas slash wheels w/BFG KM2 mud terrain tires
Savox 0251 servo
13T pinion / 54T spur

hows the durabality on the dominus? i look into them for awhile but i got turned off because jang failed it for durabality of the driveline on sv3
Old 05-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have 3 serpent cars, 1 rear motor and 2 mid , i also have 2 losi 22 one rear mototr and one mid, i have an sc10 that i havent ran in a couple years cause im not into bashing
Old 05-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

| Class | Chassis | ESC | Motor | Battery | Servo |

Mod TC | XRAY T4'15 | ORCA VX3 | ORCA RX3 4.5 | ORCA HV 6200 | XPert PI-3401-B
Stock TC | XRAY t4'15 | ORCA VX3 | ORCA RX3 17.5 | ORCA HV 6200 | XPert PI-3401-B
USGT | XRAY T4'14 | ORCA VX | ORCA TX 21.5 | Speedzone 7200 | Xpert PM-3401
1/10 4wd Bug | XRAY XB4 | ORCA VX | ReVtech 6.5 | ORION saddles | Xpert PM-3401
1/8 E-Bug | XRAY XB8E | HW SCT Pro | HW 1800KV | Speedzone 4s 6500 | Protek 150SS
Old 05-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCPHREEK View Post
I have 3 serpent cars, 1 rear motor and 2 mid , i also have 2 losi 22 one rear mototr and one mid, i have an sc10 that i havent ran in a couple years cause im not into bashing
nice line up! my rs4 is mid motored but it still understeers ban but thats becasue i have my chamber setup odd (0 degrees in the fornt and 1 degree on the rear) i think i need to swap it but then i might go back to oversteer issues! grr....
Old 05-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by locked View Post
| Class | Chassis | ESC | Motor | Battery | Servo |

Mod TC | XRAY T4'15 | ORCA VX3 | ORCA RX3 4.5 | ORCA HV 6200 | XPert PI-3401-B
Stock TC | XRAY t4'15 | ORCA VX3 | ORCA RX3 17.5 | ORCA HV 6200 | XPert PI-3401-B
USGT | XRAY T4'14 | ORCA VX | ORCA TX 21.5 | Speedzone 7200 | Xpert PM-3401
1/10 4wd Bug | XRAY XB4 | ORCA VX | ReVtech 6.5 | ORION saddles | Xpert PM-3401
1/8 E-Bug | XRAY XB8E | HW SCT Pro | HW 1800KV | Speedzone 4s 6500 | Protek 150SS
i see you fancy xray me i like to race with things that werent ment to race, tahst what my bandit is, tahst what my slash will be, my rs4 was built to race (back in the 90's) so yeah call me stupid but i like it i still win club races in the bandit so it isnt terrable
Old 05-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thatguyyouknow View Post
i see you fancy xray me i like to race with things that werent ment to race, tahst what my bandit is, tahst what my slash will be, my rs4 was built to race (back in the 90's) so yeah call me stupid but i like it i still win club races in the bandit so it isnt terrable
Ya, I've been sold on XRAY ever since I built my first one (T3'12) back in late 2011. Super precise, solid cars that work great out of the box in most conditions and they don't develop much slop or tend to tweak easily. They allow me to be extremely lazy while still being highly competitive. For me, this is key to having fun race days. I spend infinitely more time out for coffee and smoke breaks and shooting the ish in the pits than doing any sort of wrenching.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Suspended

nice line up! my rs4 is mid motored but it still understeers ban but thats becasue i have my chamber setup odd (0 degrees in the fornt and 1 degree on the rear) i think i need to swap it but then i might go back to oversteer issues! grr....
Yeah also rollcenter, shock positions and also oil weight all play a factor in that!
I run all speed passion in my srock buggy, i run mod with a hobbywing 90a and a hirosaka 7.5 motor and in my rear motor car i dont remeber causeei havent ran it in a while haha the rest of them are just prolly some old knock off elecs i bought a while back before goin all out with the new elecs haha
Old 05-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

hows the durabality on the dominus? i look into them for awhile but i got turned off because jang failed it for durabality of the driveline on sv3
Only problem I've had with the drive line was having to replace spur and pinion. And that was due to my error. When I installed the sv3 I forgot to put some lock tight on the grub screw on the pinion and it came loose and damaged pinion and spur. I consistently run it on 3s also. Only other problem has been a broken lwr control arm from running it at a good clip into a curd. I have actually been pretty impressed so far.

So I read some of the write ups on the scv2. It seems some guys have had some bad issues with their trucks. I run my truck at a local track and at some local parks. I wouldn't say I am easy on it. I pretty much run it exclusively. I suppose I've just been lucky or those guys put those trucks through hell when they ran them. I don't know... all I know is I've been happy with mine so far, minus the obvious shortcomings. With the servo, shocks and motor/esc upgrades it really has become a pretty impressive r8g in my eyes. Impressive from what it started out as...

Last edited by BeauFlex; 05-25-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

MBX7 Eco
Hobbywing Xerun 1800kv combo
Savox SC-1256 Servo
Airtronics MT4 Radio

Has won me several races.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:38 AM
Tech Initiate

R1Joel... that is a very nice piece of equipment you have there. I am still fairly new to the hobby and have done mostly bashing up until now. I did however get bit by the R/C bug recently when I was able to participate in some competitive racing at a local track. It was nothing organized, basically a bash session where there happened to be some people with some pretty descent vehicles that decided to do some spontaneous racing around the track. That was enough though. The next vehicle I would like to invest in is a buggy. Either 1/10 or 1/8 scale. In the mean time I'm going to concentrate on getting used to just getting my sct around the track and try to find some races to participate in around here.

What would you suggest for someone at my level? Being that I would really like to move to a buggy eventually, what vehicle would you suggest I try to get into at first? I've basically just been a basher but have spent some time messing around at a local track. I can certainly get around the track but I definitely need practice as I am still getting used to actually tracking my truck around the track and getting the judgment and and control around certain spots of the track.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

First thing to do would be to find out what your local track runs. If they run either 10th scale or 8 or both. Not sure what I would reccomend as I am fairly new to the hobby aswell (stared in January). I bought mine 2nd hand. I love the Mugen but I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big name brands (Kyosho, Losi, Mugen, Tekno etc). Unless it has a decent motor and esc in it I would buy a roller and put a new combo in. I bought mine with an old Castle esc and Hobbywing motor. The ESC gave me nothing but problems so I had to buy a combo anyway.
Keep practicing with the sct, it will make you a better driver when you move onto the buggies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service