R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-30-2015, 08:30 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerakamack View Post
Way things are going looks like it's Vales' championship to lose . Marquez with a broken finger , Pedrosa still out with surgery on arm , Lorenzo lost in the Spanish hills
Ducati is fast but the more podiums the tighter the restrictions get . I think this is 1st of 2 yr contract with Yamaha for Valentino But if he won the championship I would think he would seriously consider retiring at the top of his game , If he stayed and pulled off a back to back championship.............
Well, regarding Ducati, the "restrictions" that would come with some wins (forced from factory / concessions to FF) would actually be a huge benefit... they need the harder compounds the Factory teams are able to use. The softer tires they use are not lasting as well. They have already had the fuel capacity dropped after recent podiums but they weren't using the full amount they had available anyways. Motor-wise.... yeah they can go to 5 per year at this point, they have that thing making stupid HP and no apparent lack of reliability.

It's Vales to lose . Rubber-side down and top-3 every race? Call it a WC.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well its getting interesting 2 wins for Jorge 2 wins Valentino and Marc at 1
How long can Val hold the lead if Jorge keeps winning ? 2 in a row so far for him and how much longer before Marc gets his groove back ? Val gotta dig a little deeper into his bag of tricks but so far so good .
strykerakamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #18
Tech Elite

It's 15 points between the Yamaha riders- VR could let it slip away if he is not careful. But I'm pretty sure he can hold on for the rest of the year.

Marc is down 33 points. The other top guys are going to have to make some pretty major mistakes... he has zero help from his teammate and is looking pretty ragged these days. For sure he'll win some more races, but will it be enough? I sort of doubt it. Which is fine by me, not really a fan of the guy or his kamikazee moves.

We also have the Darkhorse of the bunch in the mix.... Dovi / Ducati.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My co worker used to commentate MotoGP for SPEED/FS1 and is well versed in the subject. We talk MotoGP all the time. His opinion is simply Yamaha is catching up with Honda in terms of development and Lorenzo is on fire.

We know that it takes a lot to win a championship and luck is one of those things. It really looks like, at least for the first five races, that Marquez has lost some of his luck. Granted he is injured right now and that will slow anyone down. But the way the young Spaniard rides it takes some big luck to keep it on two wheels.

However, with 5 of 18 races in the books, it would seem that Rossi is more holding on than putting a stamp on anything. Rossi is the MotoGP G.O.A.T. for sure but, at this point Alex, Brett and the rest of the crew have to keep working on finding that set-up to make Vale comfortable. I think if Rossi wins it all it will be one of the best racing stories of all time! And I hope it happens. I would go watch that movie!
atvracer9m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Everyone (teams, riders, ect.) have been in shock-and-awe of Marquez for two years... but now that everyone and everything has kind of adjusted to him, we are seeing that once seemingly impossible gap shrink. Hell, Yamaha is surpassing HRC in a lot of ways now, and they don't need to race on the ragged-edge to get results. I personally think Rossi has studied the kid in every aspect and has figured him out. He's in his head just a bit! Lorenzo probably came to the realization that he would have to adapt his style (which he obviously has) and the mojo is back.

I honestly never though VR would be anything more than a 1-2 per year race winner in the MM era, but man was I wrong. Never doubt the master! He wants Agostini's records while he still has the chance to make it happen. 4 + 6 = 10 time WC . At least I hope!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The season is great to watch so far and i love when we don't have the same guy winning round after round. VR is definitely spicing things up!
atvracer9m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Everyone (teams, riders, ect.) have been in shock-and-awe of Marquez for two years... but now that everyone and everything has kind of adjusted to him, we are seeing that once seemingly impossible gap shrink. Hell, Yamaha is surpassing HRC in a lot of ways now, and they don't need to race on the ragged-edge to get results. I personally think Rossi has studied the kid in every aspect and has figured him out. He's in his head just a bit! Lorenzo probably came to the realization that he would have to adapt his style (which he obviously has) and the mojo is back.

I honestly never though VR would be anything more than a 1-2 per year race winner in the MM era, but man was I wrong. Never doubt the master! He wants Agostini's records while he still has the chance to make it happen. 4 + 6 = 10 time WC . At least I hope!
You got it.. Never doubt the master!
He was what the sport needed when he started racing, he is timeless & still draws the crowds out to the track.
I'm disappointed in Miller, he should have done a couple of years in moto2 before moving straight into gp. Alas the big money & offers are difficult to resist.
Dr freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr freedom View Post
You got it.. Never doubt the master!
He was what the sport needed when he started racing, he is timeless & still draws the crowds out to the track.
I'm disappointed in Miller, he should have done a couple of years in moto2 before moving straight into gp. Alas the big money & offers are difficult to resist.
Agreed. Dorna needed an Australian quickly as Stoner retired, at least that is what I think happened. Speaking of, Stoner really wanted to come back as a fill-in for Pedrosa and Honda denied him, which I think kind of sucks. I wasn't a fan of Casey's personality but I think he had the best style of any rider in the 4-stroke (modern) era.