Disneyland

Old 02-23-2015, 11:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Disneyland

They are raising their prices to $99 per ticket for general admission. That means a family of four will have to shell out $400 just to get in the door. I had to laugh. I HATE Disneyland. Hate it!!! It's a theme park designed for masochists.

I'm local and have been there many times. If you go during the peak times, you will spend your entire day walking like a Penguin against solid walls of people everywhere. Most of your day will be spent playing dodge-the-strollers, or evade-the-elderly-carts. Then you have the lines for the rides. Long. I remember one visit some years ago. We were there almost the entire day and were able to get on 8 rides. Yup, that's it. However, the real fun begins in the evening. Fantasmic and the fireworks show really transform Disneyland into DisneyHELL. They rope off sections of the park to corral the hordes of watchers into certain areas. Thus, you are cut off from other areas in the park. What, you don't want to watch Fantasmic and want to make your way to Tomorrow Land? Tough, they wont let you through. And, if you want to watch Fantasmic you will have to join the ranks of the nutcases who camp out several hours early just to get a good viewpoint. Then, they have to fight off the people who show up just in time to muscle their way in front of them. It's such good sport. Otherwise, you will see nothing. Then comes the food at Disney. If you don't mind paying $15 for a substandard kid's meal, then you will be pleased. The best course of action is to eat outside the park. That takes time though. It takes a lot of time to get out of the park, eat and get back. That's a lot less time to get on rides. At $100 admission, it's highly impractical.

Most people I know who actually like that place have passes . If you are willing the to pay hundreds for one, you can go during off time and probably have some fun. You'll have to be fast though, because during the off season the place closes around 6pm.

If you find yourself in SoCal on holiday and have an urge to go to an amusement park, you will be much better off going to Knotts Berry Farm. Far less crowded, half the price and plenty of good rides.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

edited by racer1812 because doesn't know that walt disney was an outspoken anti-semite. he edited my post containing a clip from family guy poking fun at walt disney. it was not offensive at all but he gave me an infraction anyway. bravo for not knowing a little bit of a fact. I was not being a tool.

racer1812 constantly follows me around and harasses me because he doesn't like that I will call out a garbage product on a forum that the same companies post.

why is racer1812 a moderator anyway...he calls people a tool... interesting double standards around this place

Last edited by mtpocketsracing; 02-27-2015 at 02:24 PM. Reason: because he's being a TOOL!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

My wife will mention from time to time about taking the kids down there. I either hear horror stories or great stories...Hard to say I guess. Anyone ever hear Jim Gafigan's skit on Disney? haha
Old 02-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Did you know you can hire an old person in a wheelchair to go with you as a fake grandparent and use them to not stand in line for 90% of the visit?
Old 02-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lbenton View Post
Did you know you can hire an old person in a wheelchair to go with you as a fake grandparent and use them to not stand in line for 90% of the visit?
a local park (Kings Island) all you need is a set of crutches
Old 02-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thought I just read that they were hiking the price up to $105. I went there once a few years ago for the first time. I'd say unless you are there with kids who really want to be there, not the best place to go, but one of those things that are good to mark off of your list just because it's so famous.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Wow making your self look disable to avoid waiting inline thats a new low , my left ankle is 60% titanium alloy with all the hardware inside of it keeping it together and I don't mind waiting inline love the Disney parks I'm actually going there the next 3 days
Old 02-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton View Post
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Wow making your self look disable to avoid waiting inline thats a new low , my left ankle is 60% titanium alloy with all the hardware inside of it keeping it together and I don't mind waiting inline love the Disney parks I'm actually going there the next 3 days
Marcos..60 minutes, or one of those types of shows, did a whole story on the subject with hidden cameras. Hiring people off of Craigslist.

Pathetic really, for all those involved.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Disneyland is mad fun, and $100 for an adult pass sounds reasonable. The key, is you must go on a tuesday or wednesday. It sounds like you are describing going on a weekend, which is a terrible idea. During the middle of the week, you can get on MANY MANY times the number of rides. Attendance feels like about half.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

disneyland or disney world?

i can see $100 for disney world, but disneyland nah.

disneyland is tiny.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Disneyland is mad fun, and $100 for an adult pass sounds reasonable. The key, is you must go on a tuesday or wednesday. It sounds like you are describing going on a weekend, which is a terrible idea. During the middle of the week, you can get on MANY MANY times the number of rides. Attendance feels like about half.
Yup, I've always done it the wrong way. Never ever ever go during peak season, regardless of the day. Last time I went was actually on a Monday, BUT that was during the summer. Bad idea.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Marcos..60 minutes, or one of those types of shows, did a whole story on the subject with hidden cameras. Hiring people off of Craigslist.

Pathetic really, for all those involved.
I read a few stories about it. Some people were running a quasi-business as "Disabled Tour Guides" for Disneyworld. Caused Disney to change their line-jumping policy. Then they got sued over the changes.

Last edited by blade329; 02-27-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

my mom kept me from school on a thursday just to go we stayed all day and got on 7 rides. i told her i would have rather been at knotts berry farm. those disabled tour guides still exist btw
Old 03-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

For the record, took my daughter to Disney several years ago while visiting my mom in Florida, also did the Universal Studios thing on another trip. Never hired the old person to go with me and if you were wondering my mom was not up to the trip either time we just did the lines or paid for the fast pass.

now, one ride, we waited over an hour and it broke down just before we go in to enjoy it.. I had to argue for about a minute to get a free fast pass to make up for that time we spent in line... they really did not put up a fight, but had to be asked a couple of times up the chain of command to oblige us.

But yes, those services and scams are there and they are put to use.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

went this weekend had a blast well worth it after seeing my kids face

yes I have seen a segment on tv its a shame , I could bypass the lines (technically disable) but if I can stand on my 2 feet and able to walk then I see no need for me use that as an advantage just like those guys with a handicap sticker on their corvettes and watch them get out of their car with absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.