Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Something R/C related to dicuss... >

Something R/C related to dicuss...

Something R/C related to dicuss...

Old 11-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Something R/C related to dicuss...

Funny... me and a couple of guys was just talking about this a couple of nights ago...

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2014...ome-stuff-out/
Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

I had to do a double take on the photo in that article, his foot kinda looks like something else...
Old 11-11-2014, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great article! I've been saying for years that tracks need to focus on the local racers. I hope everyone in the hobby reads this article.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Other than the refusal to ever tech a motor, I definitely agree with the vast majority of it. Having raced at tracks in the past where the owner is obsessed with the big names & players in the game, and catering the program towards them, I can say that it makes me truly appreciate the places I have gone where the locals / regulars are the only thing that matters. I want to be able to walk up to an owner / RD and say "hello" no matter what the event / turnout is like. When you show up to a track that is hosting a big race, and the owner (the same guy you have given plenty of $$$ to) suddenly doesn't know who you are because he is too busy jocking the "somebodies", it can be enough to make you never want to return.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Questions??

Anybody else notice that the 25.5 vta motors are missing from the approved motors list,I know it used to say Novak 25.5 motors only. I was just wondering because a few companies are now producing 25.5's at a lesser price than novak's $90 price tag.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I know Robert and people have said he's one of a kind. I don't race there because it is only off road at about 20 miles from me. It had on road carpet for a short while but it didn't work out. He has been nice enough to me though. Glad to see him continuing to have the place open.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F. Mendoza View Post
I know Robert and people have said he's one of a kind. I don't race there because it is only off road at about 20 miles from me. It had on road carpet for a short while but it didn't work out. He has been nice enough to me though. Glad to see him continuing to have the place open.
I would kill for a track that was only 20 miles away.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I had one that ran parking lot races close by, but it looks like the city is rejecting the permits now

It's looking like a 40 minute ride once a month is my best bet. On-road dudes have to be travel ready it seems.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I've got almost a 2 hour trip, one way. I try to make that trip twice a month in the winter. Any racing in the summer my trip is shorter, only an hour one way.