Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Paypal going from 45days to 180days to file a claim... >

Paypal going from 45days to 180days to file a claim...

Paypal going from 45days to 180days to file a claim...

Old 10-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default Paypal going from 45days to 180days to file a claim...

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...agreement-full

We're increasing the time for buyers to file merchandise disputes (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days.

AKA, anything you sell now has a 6 month warranty
Old 10-14-2014, 04:20 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

That sucks
Old 10-14-2014, 05:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Yup....sellers will get screwed on this one.

I buy an RC truck, bash it for a few months and then file a claim.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

That's not what it says. Read your own post.

Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described

It does not say you have up to 180 daysto break your stuff and then file a complaint. It states you have 180 days to file a claim on not getting your stuff or SNAD. I don't think you can wear out your hammer and then file a complaint.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman View Post
I don't think you can wear out your hammer and then file a complaint.
That would be an incorrect statement. We are talking about paypal here. Unless you document the conditions of the item (i.e; extremely clear photos showing the condition when sent) you wouldn't want to fathom how many people tear up equipment and get refunded. Nothing is ever a guarantee with paypal.

180 days is an excessive amount of time for someone to be able to cry that the item was not as described. You see, paypal caters to buyers and the system is set up based on large businesses being able to absorb the returns. Under this system, the "little guy" who sells on ebay is crushed under this policy. We, the "little guys" can't afford to absorb these costs and we are such a small percentage of the paypal business.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Anything can happen with Paypal. I agree with that. I'll make sure not to put in my descriptions, the item will last 6 months.....haha
Old 10-14-2014, 08:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

This is crazy, now you have to make sure you have a good buyer, thins the market quite a bit. I know I will be less willing now to sell to people with little to no feedback.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
That would be an incorrect statement. We are talking about paypal here. Unless you document the conditions of the item (i.e; extremely clear photos showing the condition when sent) you wouldn't want to fathom how many people tear up equipment and get refunded. Nothing is ever a guarantee with paypal.

180 days is an excessive amount of time for someone to be able to cry that the item was not as described. You see, paypal caters to buyers and the system is set up based on large businesses being able to absorb the returns. Under this system, the "little guy" who sells on ebay is crushed under this policy. We, the "little guys" can't afford to absorb these costs and we are such a small percentage of the paypal business.
Agreed. Paypal & Ebay only side with buyers now. The only sellers doing well are these guys that move thousands of items per month, cheap garbage that they never even see or touch in the first place. You can't even leave neg FB for deadbeat buyers anymore. After fees from both parties on a sale, you might as well just give whatever it is you have to sell away, or dump it in the FS thread dirt-cheap. Now 180 days to file a claim? Give me a break.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As long as you document the condition of the item you should have no worries. There are sellers that can drag out the shipping and return process to exceed 45 days with little effort on their behalf. Or just stay away from eBay and buy local. It is still a choice.

Tracking numbers and signature required will help some things too. I am not a fan of eBay to begin with.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Just look at the case with blitzkid, paypal at their finest there.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have any of you ever asked paypal and ebay how a seller can protect themselves from potential scammers?

It seems all theyre doing is making it easier to scam a seller
Old 10-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

We all know ebay/Paypal is geared towards buyers, now when you are selling I really cannot think of any other way other than having more pics than normal of your items going into the box you are using for postage.
& keep those pics for 6 months.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman View Post
That's not what it says. Read your own post.

Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described

It does not say you have up to 180 daysto break your stuff and then file a complaint. It states you have 180 days to file a claim on not getting your stuff or SNAD. I don't think you can wear out your hammer and then file a complaint.
You wanna bet!! For some clowns that's exactly what it says.

You have an eBay account you deal with on a regular basis? Because you sure don't have any experience (feedback) to back up your statement on here...just saying
Old 10-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
This^^^

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
You wanna bet!! For some clowns that's exactly what it says.
Exactly .
Old 10-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

I do have an ebay account and I deal with idiots all the time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.