Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
What I hate about "Hands Free" bathrooms... >

What I hate about "Hands Free" bathrooms...

What I hate about "Hands Free" bathrooms...

Old 09-08-2014, 10:19 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default What I hate about "Hands Free" bathrooms...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

...are they ever truly "hands free" ?? Who not make the door open outwards so you can kick it open with a kick plate?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
[YOUTUBE]...are they ever truly "hands free" ?? Who not make the door open outwards so you can kick it open with a kick plate?
The theory of having a handle is still sound! As long as 100% of all bathroom users wash their hands before they leave the room, that handle should be spik and span clean.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
The theory of having a handle is still sound! As long as 100% of all bathroom users wash their hands before they leave the room, that handle should be spik and span clean.
Yea that's the problem half the people that go into public bathrooms don't wash their DAMM hands. I just wait till someone else comes in and run out before the door closes. Haha
Old 09-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I needed a good laugh today.

On another note, I don't trust public bathrooms that much.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

You have an immune system. I suggest you use it
Old 09-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Worst part is you have to stand up to do a courtesy flush.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
That would mean NO handwashing and no towlettes for the cart handle either ! I wouldn't suggest licking the floor though.
Keep in mind that all those handwashing things and waterless cleaner things have created a void in helping our immune system develope. Why DO people wash their hands ? I don't pee on myself, even if I did it's more sanitary than some cities drinking water. #2 ? only in the most dire emergency.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Im finding more & more bathrooms are now using the Dyson Airblade.
Its the shiz of hand dryers.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
Why DO people wash their hands ? I don't pee on myself, even if I did it's more sanitary than some cities drinking water. #2 ? only in the most dire emergency.
A few things.

I hate dryers, I like towels in a bathroom. Hard to blow your nose on a hand dryer for example. Plus the dryer only seems to get you up to 90% so you end up using your clothes to finish the job.

I have been in few restrooms in my day that I thought I was cleaner to not wash my hands after a look around. That truck stop in Louisiana still gives me the cold sweats.

And by not washing your hands it is like you kind of handled their johnson by proxy when you shake hands with them. I know it is a mental thing, but try to get that image out of your head.

And to top this off... I recall from about 20 years ago a bar in Boquillas Mexico and this guy got up went to the back corner where as it turns out there was a hole in the floor and peed into it.. Came right back and finished his beer. Hard to top that for a public restroom.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
I have to agree.

The dirtiest thing almost all of us carry is MONEY. Do you wash your hands every time you touch that?? I doubt it.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I have to agree.

The dirtiest thing almost all of us carry is MONEY. Do you wash your hands every time you touch that?? I doubt it.
I was my hands ASAP after returning home from shopping, and every time I use the bathroom.

I dont know...the thought of dick sweat, and pee blow back on my hands makes me squirm. Plus the viruses, and other nasties we all encounter every day forces me wash my hands numerous times a day. There is nothing wrong with washing your hands with soap. Its the anti bacterial, and alcohol based hand cleaners that are not good for you. As long as you use basic soap at home you'll be fine.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
#2 ? only in the most dire emergency.
+1.

Cleanliness.... Does no one believe in the 3 second rule?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

You're absolutely right, there's nothing wrong with washing your hands like a germaphobe.

I just don't worry about it.

psst...I weld for a living and don't wash my non organic produce either. I'll be lucky to see 50yrs old
Old 09-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
You're absolutely right, there's nothing wrong with washing your hands like a germaphobe.

I just don't worry about it.

psst...I weld for a living and don't wash my non organic produce either. I'll be lucky to see 50yrs old
Germaphobes wash their hands after every thing they touch.

I dont worry about it either, its habit. I wash my hands after I use the bathroom, and when I get home from going out. The reason why influenza, and a boat load of other viruses are spread because people dont wash their hands.

What you have to watch out for with produce is E-Coli. Sometimes workers, and animal take craps in the field.

I used to be an iron worker too, but that has nothing to do with washing your hands.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
Germaphobes wash their hands after every thing they touch.

I dont worry about it either, its habit. I wash my hands after I use the bathroom, and when I get home from going out. The reason why influenza, and a boat load of other viruses are spread because people dont wash their hands.

What you have to watch out for with produce is E-Coli. Sometimes workers, and animal take craps in the field.

I used to be an iron worker too, but that has nothing to do with washing your hands.
Valid points, E-Coli being the only one that would ever worry me.

My point, my sweaty wiener or a dirty door pull are the least of my worries when it comes to what I touch that may kill me...IMO

And welcome to RCtech, any questions..just ask

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.