Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Best quality pics- current smartphones >

Best quality pics- current smartphones

Best quality pics- current smartphones

Old 05-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

I have a Sony Z1, its the best droid phone Ive ever owned.
The pics & vids it takes are fantastic. Ive viewed them on my 55 inch TV & they are sharp as.

Dust & splash proof as well. I dropped it in my mates pool on purpose a couple of weeks ago.. wiped it off & its fine.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr freedom View Post
I have a Sony Z1, its the best droid phone Ive ever owned.
The pics & vids it takes are fantastic. Ive viewed them on my 55 inch TV & they are sharp as.

Dust & splash proof as well. I dropped it in my mates pool on purpose a couple of weeks ago.. wiped it off & its fine.
How is the screen durability? The guy across the street bought one of the new Sony phones and had to have it fixed because the glass had cracked. Maybe it wasn't the same phone though. I have been looking at Sony, it's one of the few droid phones that I am finding appealing. Not bashing droid, just giving my honest opinion... the Sony does look great.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Before my Z, I had the Xperia S.

Just as nice for photos and video tbh - but can be a bit laggy after it gets loaded up with apps, (less RAM and slower processor) and it's only a 12mp camera.

It's a nice phone if you don't load it up with apps, and has 16gb memory, while as my Z only has 8gb, with memory card slot.

For info, The Xperia SP is a mid range phone if you've been looking at it. 8mp camera, very basic front facing camera. No experience of it personally though.

The screens on Xperias are the weak point, but only if you manhandle them and don't use a case, then you could get unlucky, again IMO.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

My samsung S4 takes great pictures. Not as nice as my Nikon D2Xs, but pretty nice for a camera phone.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
How is the screen durability? The guy across the street bought one of the new Sony phones and had to have it fixed because the glass had cracked. Maybe it wasn't the same phone though. I have been looking at Sony, it's one of the few droid phones that I am finding appealing. Not bashing droid, just giving my honest opinion... the Sony does look great.
Never fear your are offending someone when you bash a phone imo. We all have one, we all have all the brands.. they are all relatively the same these days.
In regards to the screen, Ive always had a protector on mine. It feels durable enough & is what I would expect it to be.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was recently reading a comparison between the S5, 5s and HTC One M8, and the cameras were all very close. With the high end phones there is only a difference in certain aspects of the image. With some levels of lighting one camera provided more detail, while others more color. i would try to visit a store and take some pictures and see which you like best.