Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Super Cross starts tonight! >

Super Cross starts tonight!

Super Cross starts tonight!

Old 03-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cartix View Post
Man, what a ride by James Stewart last night. Mid pack to first and now in 2nd for most SX wins.
Sat here with one of my sons and I swore we were watching a rerun from Stewarts earlier years!!! He looked in control again. I can't remember when the last time he has looked this good from week to week. Poto messes up and Bubba will be right there. Great racing for sure.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't know what derailed Stewart's success a few years back, but he would have smashed McGrath's record for supercross wins had he kept it together. Judging on his dominant performance over the last three weeks, we can say that his prior level of performance wasn't necessarily due to Aldon Baker's presence. Also, can't believe Vilopoto didn't battle. I know he doesn't have to go for a win to get the championship points he needs, but dang. Typically see a little more fire out of him.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I was waiting for Vilopoto to fight back, but he just let him go.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am really a dungey fan, and wonder how things would have tuned out of him if he hadn't followed Decoster to KTM. I'm glad to KTM step up thier commitment to the US moto/super cross market, but question if the bike is holding dungey back. Different for Roczen because he has spent a couple of years racing KTM in Europe. Based on Milsaps performance on a non-factory Suzuki, and with continued development of the bike by Carmichael, I would say that bike is the best bike on the track. I would like to see dungey ride for carmichael's team , which a factory supported. Finally, nobody else in the field is capable of making a good, clean pass like Stewart.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dcb504 View Post
I would like to see dungey ride for carmichael's team , which a factory supported. Finally, nobody else in the field is capable of making a good, clean pass like Stewart.
I agree with you, the KTM doesn't seem as fast as the other factory bikes. He'd probably do better on another make, and Carmichael's present team riders are not running up front.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Who is your man?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dcb504 View Post
I am really a dungey fan, and wonder how things would have tuned out of him if he hadn't followed Decoster to KTM. I'm glad to KTM step up thier commitment to the US moto/super cross market, but question if the bike is holding dungey back. Different for Roczen because he has spent a couple of years racing KTM in Europe. Based on Milsaps performance on a non-factory Suzuki, and with continued development of the bike by Carmichael, I would say that bike is the best bike on the track. I would like to see dungey ride for carmichael's team , which a factory supported. Finally, nobody else in the field is capable of making a good, clean pass like Stewart.
Lets not forget Jake Weimer is in a contract year. After 2014 he may himself on the outside looking for a new ride. That would open a spot except Dungey is committed to KTM through 2015. Blake Bagget and Martin Davalos are at the end of their contracts too. Two Two Motosports may add a team as well. The racing has been great this year. Getting ready for East Rutherford!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Definitely a great year! Too bad Reed is injured, he was really strong this year. I would speculate Weimer will be released from Kawi, and Canard might be on the hot seat with Honda as well. Dean Wilson would be a strong contender for factory Kawi on a 450. Honestly, I could see many seats turning up next year. Reed himself may not come back to race, but function as a team owner only. Josh Grant can't stay healthy, Canard as I said, Barcia hasn't delivered, RCH has two duds. I don't mean to criticize the quality of any of those riders, as they are some of the baddest dudes on the planet in my opinion, these riders just aren't delivering. I am thinking in terms of a team's desire for the riders to deliver podiums and race wins.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dungey's riding is holding him back not the bike. He has no aggression whatsoever in his riding. Over and over Saturday he just let riders by and if a door was open for a pass he would not even try to put his wheel in. Dungey has always been the rider that sits and waits for others to make a mistake. Yet he does not apply any pressure to see if he can help those mistakes happen. With the depth of the 450 class the only way Dungey will see a podium again this year is if multiple other riders have bad nights, it will not be because of Dungey's great riding.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm almost willing to agree with you. I'm just thinking back to the outdoor 2012 title defense year where dungey battled villipoto week in and out. Ultimately he lost due to bike failures. I think Suzuki was in the brink if bankruptcy that year. I wish he was a little more aggressive.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Bud
Tech Addict

I think Villipoto has gone into championship mode. He's not going to race James unless he has to. If James can get himself within a few points of Villipoto, we're going to see some good racing. James is riding too good for poto to want to race him unless he has to. I'm a Villipoto fan but I'd like to see James push him into working for his championship.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

"According to a spokesman for the GEICO Honda team, Wil Hahn broke his humerus in four places and suffered a cracked skull in his horrendous crash last night at the Monster Energy AMA Supercross race in St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome".

From CycleNews.com
Old 03-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bud View Post
I think Villipoto has gone into championship mode. He's not going to race James unless he has to. If James can get himself within a few points of Villipoto, we're going to see some good racing. James is riding too good for poto to want to race him unless he has to. I'm a Villipoto fan but I'd like to see James push him into working for his championship.
I think your right. What is more valuable, Most wins or most championships?? Poto is points racing now and I can't say I blame him. As long as he just chases Stewart to the finish line every week, Bubba gets a bunch of bowling trophies and Poto gets another Championship. I'm ready for the outdoor season to start.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody keep up with moto gp?

Last edited by dcb504; 04-01-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 04-02-2014, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Who's it going to be for the Lites champion for east and west? Will it be Seeley or Anderson in the west, or Davalos or Bogle in the East? I'm pulling for Anderson and Davalos to win the championships, with Anderson winning the east/west shootout

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.