Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
HOBBYKING LIED TO ME AGAIN! DO NOT BUY!! >

HOBBYKING LIED TO ME AGAIN! DO NOT BUY!!

HOBBYKING LIED TO ME AGAIN! DO NOT BUY!!

Old 10-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default HOBBYKING LIED TO ME AGAIN! DO NOT BUY!!

Well they screwed my $166 dollar order 2 months ago. Me being the kind guy I am I figured maybe someone there had a bad day.

So I looked for a similar 2s pack to fit a very small battery tray on a Tamiya car and it said it was in the U.S. WAREHOUSE. So another $42 goes.....BAD MISTAKE.

Well it's been another 1.5 months and it has been marked shipped. Checked tracking and it does not exist.

What? do they expect us hardworking AMERICANS to just take it and forget about it?

I don't know what their problem is. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES PUT IT IN BIG LETTERS ON YOUR FRONT PAGE THAT LIPOS MAYBE DELAYED!!

Instead they hide it in their fine print.

Sneaky sneaky sneaky. I wonder how many other people got upset at them these past few months?

Last time I will ever buy from these losers. Not worth my time, my headache, and definitely not worth OUR MONEY!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also had a similar bad experience with my first time ordering from Hobby King and I will never buy from them again. I ordered a Nano-Tech lipo battery for my touring car thinking that it would take maybe 2-4 weeks for delivery. I got my shipping notification email with the tracking number and a notice saying that it may take up to 45 days to arrive. A few weeks went by and I checked the tracking number but it showed nothing. Then 45 days had gone by and still nothing. After that I had to send them two emails about my battery until they finally responded saying that it's out for delivery that day. I don't know if its a coincidence that they ignored my first email but responded to my second one on the day it was finally delivered to my home. It shouldn't take 2 months for a battery to be delivered but at least I finally got it. But if I have to go through that much trouble to get them to deliver it I rather just order from somewhere else. I hope that in the end you get your batteries.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Im sorry you both had bad experiences.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

I don't order from cheap sites like that for those reasons, when I buy rc stuff it's either my local track, amain or eBay longest I wait for anything is 3days rarely 4
Old 10-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

is that hobbyking with a chinese "hawbikeeeng" accent? takes awhile for the boat to hit the shores guys.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Yeah u may have to witt a couple months for stuff cause it is coming from china!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i don't know what shipping option you keep picking but my orders have arrived in nevada in about 7 or 8 days.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Prophet

I ordered quite a few 2s and 4s lipos from the USA warehouse and ive never had issues from them at all ordering and getting them in the mail on time.

I dont even bother ordering from the China warehouse or anything overseas you just dont know what will happen.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd View Post
Yeah u may have to witt a couple months for stuff cause it is coming from china!!!
Boy no kidding. I ordered a replacement switch off Ebay, from China, for my HW 150 Pro esc and it took right at 5 weeks. Then apparently it got hung in Illinois at customs, for awhile as well, After I emailed seller, I saw a notice on Ebay that shipping from China may be delayed, because they are now X-Raying every package. They were the only ones that had it and good thing I was in no hurry.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

I have ordered from Hobby King for years with no problems mostly from their small U.S. warehouse and it arrives in about 2-3 weeks to Houston, TX.

Anything from small ~800-1500 mah 3s packs for my crawler rigs to 5000 mah 3s and 4s packs for my go fast stuff. I have never experienced such terrible service from any r/c vendor.

It's like they just upset the wrong people who provides the lipos for them and now these factories are punishing them and it trickles down to punishing the customer without Hobby King notifying any purchases or even bother shooting out an email for registered newsletter customers such as myself.

I don't suspect Hobby King will be around too much longer. Apparently PayPal already has had several complaints from Hextronic LTD. which is what appears on my statements. Not sure exactly what Hobby King does but being in the import/export business for several years dealing with the commies over there if you don't bribe the right people you never get your inventory.

If the company is called something entirely different than their website name they are most likely a trading company with a bunch of small warehouses leased out to hold small shipments usually near a major port out in the boonies but still easy to get to via LTL deliveries.

Active Powersports is a prime example of a trading company that also sells r/c items. Sometimes they list stuff they have in stock when in reality they do not and you end up waiting a month or more AFTER you have paid for priority or rush shipment you pretty much just threw away money to their courier service lol.

So just a warning for yall out there stay away from HobbyKing.com and activepowersports.com both are trading companies and I am positive those employees there probably wouldn't know the difference between a spur and a pinion.

They maybe cheaper by 5%-10% or more but it's a gamble not worth taking especially having to fight with PayPal and a merchant that obviously doesn't care about their customers.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
I ordered quite a few 2s and 4s lipos from the USA warehouse and ive never had issues from them at all ordering and getting them in the mail on time.

I dont even bother ordering from the China warehouse or anything overseas you just dont know what will happen.
That's where I got tricked! I saw that they had 9 or 10 packs in their US warehouse which is why I placed the second order to begin with thinking someone just goofed on my first order.

Well...apparently it was the old bait and switch except this time there was no switch just BAIT!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Legend

Had a buddy buy his HobbyKing battery the other week .
Ordered them on the internet and got a address to pick them up locally the next day .

I also have tested these battery's and was impressed by the performance .

No difference compared to the same style Reedy battery's I already have ...

weighted the same, same punch & run time ...

Too bad the other company's can't match the quality or price .

I'm guessing somebody is upset with Hobby King selling the same product for 1/2 the price..

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-15-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm guessing somebody is upset with Hobby King selling the same product for 1/2 the price..
Nailed it.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by spookie View Post
Boy no kidding. I ordered a replacement switch off Ebay, from China, for my HW 150 Pro esc and it took right at 5 weeks. Then apparently it got hung in Illinois at customs, for awhile as well, After I emailed seller, I saw a notice on Ebay that shipping from China may be delayed, because they are now X-Raying every package. They were the only ones that had it and good thing I was in no hurry.
I have waited a month and a half for an eBay deal cause of the china deal, but it happens, I don't complain or whine about it haha, but it is anoying!!
Old 10-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Amain or local for me only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.