LIARS !!!!!!

Old 06-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by tkge View Post
My wife loves that I have the RC hobby. She finds it very interesting. She travels with me to races when its not so hot outside (or inside), and she will even help me with the cars. She does not have any interest in driving them though, I wish she would. She does not care that I spend money on the hobby as she also has her own hobbies or shopping she does. She buys me stuff all the time and even has her own Amain.com account setup to order me stuff without me knowing... Yeah I'm blessed!
🏆 I believe this is yours my friend 😋 you literally brought a tear to my eye bravo 👏👏👏
Old 06-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have it great. I've been married 22 years. My wife doesn't mind my rc habit. When we meet I was racing sprint cars (1:1). Now I race electric on road. She loves it. No more chances of dieing and only about 20% of the cost of real cars. The other cool thing is.... My wife doesn't have brothers. Well she does now. My rc buddies have adopted my wife as their sister. They all love her. She takes care of all of us at the track. Feeds us and makes sure we all are taken care of. Rc has made my married life better. Well great friends in rc has made my married life better.

Everyone have fun and race!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
You bet your young butt she can! YOU cost your parents WAY more money than you probably realize. Having 2 teenagers in the house, I'm not even going to explain how much money you cost simply for the daily stuff you don't see.

On top of that they're adults, both likely have jobs, and have EARNED THE RIGHT to spend their disposable income on what they want. Many of us in here were your age at one time or another, and likely had the same mind set about what parents buy. To question why "mom" buys herself a new couch falls on deaf ears to adults in here, but you won't really understand until you're older and have kids of your own.

Not busting on you, just some insight from an "old man" with kids near your age
my parents dont spend jack on my r/c's unless its a holiday or my birthday! i earn every last dollar i spend on this hobby
Old 08-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
You just have to convince them that money spent at a track is much better than being out at a bar. "Look, I'm not out plastered, and I can assure you that there are no women there coming up to me". Pretty much %100 truth.
Just found this thread, and this is maybe the most pefect example of the exact excuses to continue racing that I've been using. The better half is cool with my spending(within reason....) but hates the time devoted to the hobby........guess you can't win all the time.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1 View Post
Just found this thread, and this is maybe the most pefect example of the exact excuses to continue racing that I've been using. The better half is cool with my spending(within reason....) but hates the time devoted to the hobby........guess you can't win all the time.
If we were smart...we would teach our better half to wrench their own rides and maybe ours too
Then they can't complain about how much time we spend in the "hobby room".
Old 08-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash View Post
If we were smart...we would teach our better half to wrench their own rides and maybe ours too
Then they can't complain about how much time we spend in the "hobby room".
To teach and get them to wrench on your car too, you better spend a lot of time working in the room, and not the hobby room.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F. Mendoza View Post
To teach and get them to wrench on your car too, you better spend a lot of time working in the room, and not the hobby room.
.........lol
Old 08-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My wife has no clue lol. I have so much RC stuff laying around... The bright side is that my 3yr old son LOVES to "help" me wrench on stuff, hold screws, push the cars around the house. I think it's worth the time I spend with my son when he's not glued to a tv or something. I've recently started having him push his tonka truck to chase my 1/10 SCT around the yard. Added bonus that he goes all out and ends up exhausted before the battery pack is dead. But yeah, I have a paypal account that gets replenished via funds I make doing IT work on the side or selling/trading RC/computer stuff.

+1 for bonding time with son.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Nice thread ressurection! Thought I was alone... hahhahhahahaaa.... better than being at the bar, especially with a strip club closer than the track! My fiance tries to ride my tail about what I spend on r/c. But since she doesn't have a job, I don't listen!
Old 09-29-2015, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm another one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to hide the hobby from the wife. She has no problem helping me out, ordering parts, or even running with me at home just bashing around. She has her own Slash and Stampede to mess with. I know she gets a little annoyed when I have to spend alot on something big but she understands, and she has her own things to spend money on anyway lol. Almost every time shes ordering online she turns to me and says, "do you need any RC parts since I'm on here?" Lol!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:07 AM
Tech Champion

If you are sensible with what you buy in RC I don't honestly believe there's in any harm in keeping quiet with your partner how much you're spending.

Especially if they don't mention how much they are spending on clothes, shoes, cosmetics etc
Old 09-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I don't complain how much she spends at Victoria secret she don't complain about how much I spend on rc to much. Double win for me.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
I don't complain how much she spends at Victoria secret she don't complain about how much I spend on rc to much. Double win for me.
^
^^^
V