Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
USPS, really!??! >

USPS, really!??!

USPS, really!??!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default USPS, really!??!

Just got a message from a buyer that i sold an RCXD (Call of Duty Limited Edition RC Car) to, and he received it just today when i shipped it almost two weeks ago. Well, the package was completely DESTROYED. How the heck can USPS do that much damage to a package?!? Even packages with no support or bubble-wrap can't be damaged that bad. WOW!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That sucks....did you insure it??

If not...bummer
Old 01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That SUCKS!!!... Sorry for your luck.

A few years ago I sent my property tax payment in via USPS and the township never got it, cost me an extra $100. Thank you very little USPS.

I guess that's why they're losing $ every year... hmmm go figure!!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)

US federal government employees nuff said. I have used fed ex for ever thing I have shipped , not ont damaged, lost or late item. Proud of every transaction and glad I used them.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

WOW!!! What the heck did they do to that thing, I wonder. On a USPS related note. I sent something out on December 3rd that still has not been delivered. It shows were my PO scanned it in and then it went to my citys sorting center and nothing after that. They have tracked and traced it and nothing. I refunded the buyer any way but just know it is going to show up somewhere, sometime. Way to go USPS.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I didn't insure the package, sadly but it was only 30 dollars so it wasn't that bad. Better than getting a destroyed 1/8 scale buggy or so, right?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

And I can say that the ONLY shipping carrier I've had issues with was FedEx.

Crap happens with all of them. What do we get out of everyone pimping their perfect carriers and slamming the rest?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love that "WE CARE" is in big bold letters on the top of the paperwork...
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post

Crap happens with all of them. What do we get out of everyone pimping their perfect carriers and slamming the rest?

See Fedex has always been the best for me. UPS that's another story I will say out of over 1000 transactions online (between here, other forums, and ebay) that USPS has been great. There is no perfect carrier man. Except maybe Pony Express
Old 01-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post

It's true that crap happens with all of them, only takes one idiot who don't care bout doing his or her job. Perhaps I have been lucky but I only started using fed ex after USPS delivered a torn and crushed box with nothing in it to one of my buyers, I too had to refund the money. The diferance is that i did not start a thread about it.It's just a matter of picking the shipper with the least dummies
Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I recently bought something that shipped usps. The part came out of the envelope somewhere along the way . Usps actually put in a plastic bag and sealed the envelope and part in it. It even had a note from the postmaster saying they were sorry and we care . point is that even with it coming out of the envelope it made it here unbroken and somehow not an empty envelope.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I send and receive stuff via USPS all the time and have never had a problem other than something showing up a day later than scheduled, occasionally. Some of the boxes I get from Hobby King are a bit beat up, but nothing terrible.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had a few damaged packages from all the major carriers. there are plenty of videos on youtube of all of them throwing stuff.
they all do it.
I have a buddy that works at a ups sort facility and he said they're not gently handling your stuff at all.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 122 (100%+)

I have had my frustrations with USPS..They lost a part in the mail and never did anything about it,delivered a package soaked in motor oil and so forth..I guess I think of it as,well UPS insures stuff but,they can be a lot more on small packages and for some of the mistakes USPS makes they are still normally a lot cheaper than the other carriers and that is why I have stuck with them for so long.
If UPS and USPS were price matched I would probably go UPS just because they normally insure their packages.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Yeah I was the buyer. First off let me say thanks to the OP and seller for handling the whole transaction in a very professional manner. The condition of the package I received was in now way due to anything he did. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.

From the looks of what I got it looks like the package either got run over or jammed in the sorting machinery. The box was completely shredded. The remote was all gone except for the battery tray. The only reason I got what was left delivered to me was there was a shred of the original outer box that had my address on it. The return address was completely gone.

Luckily it wasn't a big ticket item and again thanks to the seller for stepping up and taking the responsibility since I didn't get what i was sold - even though it wasn't his fault. I guess from now on all his packages will be shipped with some sort of insurance. I learned that the hard way myself in order to keep my feedback rating where it is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.