Kart Racing Pro >

Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro

Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Kart Racing Pro

Anyone here play this? Kart Racing Pro

I have been trying various different racing simulators and so far this is my favorite. Since I am getting into kart racing it is nice having a sim that focuses on karts. This is he first sim I have played were the karts actually drive and handle like the real karts, solid rear axle, no suspension. This sim is still in the beta testing phase but looks very promising.

I would say the only downside right now is the lack of others using it making multi player races scarce.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It pops up from time to time in the iRacing forums, since several drivers there race karts in real life (and the design of iRacing's physics model admittedly makes bringing an accurate kart to their sim impossible). I've got the trial version & just do solo hotlaps; all the sims I've got on my computer and this is the only one I can't just "jump into" and be quick. Takes a lot of patience and nerve to wrestle one of those things around

Most impressive though is that apparently it's made entirely by one guy. Like, literally everything: chassis physics model, tire physics model, 3D models, controls configuration, menus, graphics & textures, audio, environments, netcode, course code, animations...all of it done by one computer nerd/karting enthusiast.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
It pops up from time to time in the iRacing forums, since several drivers there race karts in real life (and the design of iRacing's physics model admittedly makes bringing an accurate kart to their sim impossible). I've got the trial version & just do solo hotlaps; all the sims I've got on my computer and this is the only one I can't just "jump into" and be quick. Takes a lot of patience and nerve to wrestle one of those things around
Most racing sim models cannot recreate the kart because they are for cars with suspension on every corner and differentials in the rear. A kart in real life as you turn the inside front wheel lowers raising the chassis up to lift the inside rear wheel off the ground to allow it to turn. It is evident right away if a the physics model works like that or not.