Guess what I went and bought? >

Guess what I went and bought?

Guess what I went and bought?

Old 03-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Guess what I went and bought?

The Playstation Portable!!!!!

I bought this today an I'll tell you this thing is a beast! I didn't know I can store 11+ (and maybe a couple more) 20kb worth of high quality pics, and 13 songs @ 2000 kb a clip or a 30MB magic stick! And I still have 544kb of storage space left! I wonder what if I didn't put any pics on it? I was a package deal with Spiderman 2 movie on it and a little dick showing the games that was coming out for it. The value pack cost me $249 bucks! I thought they were going for $300 a piece!

I'll post a couple more pics...................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20050326_4872859.jpg (25.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Cool! That looks awesome. I think you got a great deal because over here in the states I heard they are going to range anywhere from $300-360.
Keep me posted on how everyhting goes. I want one!

Later,
Paul
Old 03-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Regional Moderator

My friend got his yesturday and showed it to me today. Its awesome.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the photo viewer capabilities......I used the Photoshop software to make the pics fit nearly the entire screen. It can play MP3s but it'll take about one or two to fill the Magic Gate 30 mb Memeroy Stick Duo chip. But if you switch from MP3 to ATRAC3 pro, it'll compress up to 20 to 25 high quality tracks and still have room for saved games! All they gotta do now is to create a chip that can store 512 MB of memory....... Screw the IPod, I found my portable entertainment gear!

EDIT: I forgot to tell you guy that this thing is also WIRELESS!!! You can play with up to 16 systems (what the internet and book says) and if you have a wireless internet connection, you can go online and play! Now they already have a NFSU series for it, and Metal Gear Acid.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
psp.jpg (57.8 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by GundamWZero; 03-25-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you would trade you ps2, would you get this? Not saying that i would, but would it be a worth while investment?
Old 03-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by onebeatuptc3
if you would trade you ps2, would you get this? Not saying that i would, but would it be a worth while investment?
Since I am in the military, the "hurry up" and "wait" way of life is like breathing, so something like this is great for us soldiers. As a matter of fact two guys were playing Metroid on the DS against each other via wireless link while we were waiting for the bus to pick us up in Kuwait. As far as the PSP vs my PS2? hell no! I installed a 40gb HDD system in my PS2. The "new and improved" PS2 can't compete with that amount of storage capacity.

My PSP will be designed geared to the portable multimedia side of things, (ATRAC3pro MP3s and movies) with playing games as an added feature.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Guess what I went and bought?

Originally posted by GundamWZero
The Playstation Portable!!!!!

I bought this today an I'll tell you this thing is a beast! I didn't know I can store 11+ (and maybe a couple more) 20kb worth of high quality pics, and 13 songs @ 2000 kb a clip or a 30MB magic stick! And I still have 544kb of storage space left! I wonder what if I didn't put any pics on it? I was a package deal with Spiderman 2 movie on it and a little dick showing the games that was coming out for it. The value pack cost me $249 bucks! I thought they were going for $300 a piece!

I'll post a couple more pics...................
(bunch of surprised faces) OMG THAT'S AWSOME! If can store pictures and songs????? AND YOU CAN STILL PLAY GAMES ON IT TOO?!??!?!??!??!?!!!!! I WANT THAT!!!! very nice, very very nice. Hey Gundam, I know you were over in Kuwait, one of my teachers was over there. I wonder if you know him... His names Robert Verdi...
Old 03-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default MAJOR DISCOVERY!!!!

I just found out that the PSP can also play VIDEO FILES!!!!! Thats right.... I used a program called PSP Video 9 and ran a test video file, Gundam Seed-Destiny. It converted the file to a special format and written it on a 256MB Memory Stick Duo I bought today. So now this thing can..........

1) play movies via UMD (universal memory disk) or Magic Gate Memory Stick Duo
2) play music
3) store and show pictures as a slideshow
4) play and store video games

The only problem I have with it is its limited storage capacity. I will try to adjust the quality to see if it'll store more videos. this particular video file took almost all of the storage space, but the quality is of DVD quality. So I am going to rip the Full Metal Panic series and reduce the frame rate to see if I can store more than one episode. If I can get my hands on a 1 GB stick, I can store an entier movie on a single memory stick.

This thing is incredible.............................
Old 03-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Guess what I went and bought?

Originally posted by ThePrfctGetaway
(bunch of surprised faces) OMG THAT'S AWSOME! If can store pictures and songs????? AND YOU CAN STILL PLAY GAMES ON IT TOO?!??!?!??!??!?!!!!! I WANT THAT!!!! very nice, very very nice. Hey Gundam, I know you were over in Kuwait, one of my teachers was over there. I wonder if you know him... His names Robert Verdi...
There were like four or more different camps in Kuwait......and I was only there for 3 weeks before coming home. And each facility was huge. I sorry but I haven't ran into anyone by that name there.......the last name sounds familiar......was on a lot of handbags Haji sold.............
Old 03-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Guess what I went and bought?

Originally posted by GundamWZero
There were like four or more different camps in Kuwait......and I was only there for 3 weeks before coming home. And each facility was huge. I sorry but I haven't ran into anyone by that name there.......the last name sounds familiar......was on a lot of handbags Haji sold.............