Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Ideas for upcoming Gran Turismo Series games... >

Ideas for upcoming Gran Turismo Series games...

Ideas for upcoming Gran Turismo Series games...

Old 03-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Liam_Davies
More drag racing...

Muscle cars are for the strip not some twisty street track, and online drag racing against your mates would be cool!

Better sounds...

When I put a big exhaust on my Chevy I want pure V8 noise, not a 4 cylinder wimpy whine.

TURBOCHARGERS??? Turbo? Chargers?

Why can I turbo my Camaro but not supercharge it!!!
I couldn't have said that any better... You are very much correct!!!!!11
Old 03-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

so where in the game is this 1886 motorwagon??
Old 03-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

I'd like to see a career mode where you gain sponsorships to run certain cars and/or use certain parts to gain money, fame and bikini models. GT4 is cool and all but once you find out what "easy" race to run to win the car that you can sell for $500000, then the rest of the game just becomes a routine of getting cash to buy the fastest car to run in the next race.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rod_b
I'd like to see a career mode where you gain sponsorships to run certain cars and/or use certain parts to gain money, fame and bikini models. GT4 is cool and all but once you find out what "easy" race to run to win the car that you can sell for $500000, then the rest of the game just becomes a routine of getting cash to buy the fastest car to run in the next race.
Hasn't that always been the point?!?
Old 03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Gain sponsorships? Sounds a lot like Nascar games to me.... Bikini models? Hell yeah, that would be nice, but this isn't Need For Speed Underground 2 or Street Racing Syndicate... This is a simulation (must say, very nicely done) racing game. This isn't an unrealistic racing game... this is as realistic as I've seen from any game before...
Old 03-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rod - Right there with ya on that one. That's why I love the Race Driver series, and things like that. Just adds SOOOOOO much more interest to the game, for me.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent yet played the game so my opinion may not matter at all. But I have been desperatly looking for a true racing sim. And from the reviews Ive read, the game is great they just mentioned a few things that I would also like to see. How about if you wreck the car, you pay for the car. I like to race, but I like the thought of hitting a wall will actually affect how the car may handle from that point. Or that tires will eventually wear out, or that believe it or not you can blow a motor. Maybe Im way off or the reviews I read were, but this is what Id like to see. And whats wrong with sponsorships? Its a way to earn a title, just the same as getting your liscense before you can drive a certain car. Instead you can get "picked up" by a real life company and give the player a sense of pride and a way to customize each career from player to player. Just my .02
Old 03-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by F. Alonso
The damage will never come in, because the car manufacturers are the ones bitching about that possiblity because it gives the car a bad image. I think that sucks too but what can we do.
I dont think this is true...did anyone ever play Sega GT 2002 on Xbox? It had real world cars in a racing format that when you hit something damage was done to the car and you had to repair it or the car only got worse. You didnt notice it nearly as much as you should have while driving but if you let it get bad enough the car wouldnt run, I believe.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Something I have always wondered. Is a $90000 turbo kit really realistic?

Oh, and how did you get that 1886 Merc. to 11 MPH. I can only get 10, you must have been going down hill.

As for the exhaust, while ideling, cars sound pretty close, but then it all falls apart.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Able to select different body paint jobs (like in the 1st GT)
Able to save in the middle of long races
but the Key thing is.............MORE THAN 6 RACERS IN A RACE, they need liker 20. That will make the game harder and more exciting on endurance races
Old 03-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jhigga15
Able to select different body paint jobs (like in the 1st GT)
Able to save in the middle of long races
but the Key thing is.............MORE THAN 6 RACERS IN A RACE, they need liker 20. That will make the game harder and more exciting on endurance races
haha yeah.. 20 racers on endurance racing...
Old 03-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Has any one played TOCCA 2 it's a pretty good racing game also.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default How About This...................

I think this is more realistic and true to the GT series form:

1) Tire failure

We all know when the tires are worn out, the car runs sloppy, right? Well, in the next GT series, they should wear out then blow out if you don't pit to change them.

2) Brake failure

I was racing last night when this came into mind; running in a race where you are standing on the brakes through the turns, and its a 10+ lap race! Kinda wonder what will actually happed what will happen when you do that to a real car! Not to mention an endurance race.............

3) Engine failure

I know some of you guys don't even check your oil in the game. Try that with your real car and watch what happens. 'Nuff said.

There are others I thought about, but that'll fall into the whinning manufacturers arena......betcha Depends make a killing serving those cry-babies!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ThePrfctGetaway
Gain sponsorships? Sounds a lot like Nascar games to me.... Bikini models? Hell yeah, that would be nice, but this isn't Need For Speed Underground 2 or Street Racing Syndicate... This is a simulation (must say, very nicely done) racing game. This isn't an unrealistic racing game... this is as realistic as I've seen from any game before...
Yes, it's a racing sim. My point is...

Why make gaining licenses so hard and make getting $500000 cars so easy?!?! What's realistic about starting with $10000, buying a Civic, racing the Civic Cup a few times to gain enough money for an NSX, load it up with parts, smoke everyone in the Japan Championship and win the 350Z LM and sell it for $318K!? I can B-Spec the Japan Championship 4 times, set the car to #3-Steady/Overtake and let it run while I watch Overhaulin and by the end of the show, I've got over $1M to spend on just about any car I want. Yeah, realistic...

Best sim ever...Grand Prix Legends. No downforce, no sticky tires, classic tracks, excellent tuneable AI, excellent physics model. If you can drive GPL, you can drive.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can B-Spec the Japan Championship 4 times, set the car to #3-Steady/Overtake and let it run while I watch Overhaulin and by the end of the show, I've got over $1M to spend on just about any car I want.
The B-Spec Directors mode if designed for those long, endurance races. If your B-Spec-ing a simple 10 lap race, then you're lazy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service