Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
give up rc for your family >

give up rc for your family

give up rc for your family

Old 03-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default give up rc for your family

how many of you. would give up rc to save some one close to you . or did you do so in the past ..
Old 03-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

havnt tried that. rc for me is a hobby to relieve me frm my stress frm work its like part of my life or a routine.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:36 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Depends on who it is! LOL
JK yea i probably would. I have other hobbies, rc isnt my life.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

i use rc to relax and have fun with my wife & dad i evenuse rc at work with my clients . but if it would save someone in my family i'd do it ..
Old 03-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "save someone close to you".If you are talking about "if you dont quit that stupid hobby" I'm leaving you..I would have to say bye bye..It's not about your hobby it's about "where your money is going" it's a power play,plain and simple,If you give in.. You will find out..it wont ever stop..It will allways be something..
Old 03-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Of course i would give up rc in a heart beat for a close relative, I always have guitar tha's my true life and passion. But I do admit rc is like a drug.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:01 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "save someone close to you".If you are talking about "if you dont quit that stupid hobby" I'm leaving you..I would have to say bye bye..It's not about your hobby it's about "where your money is going" it's a power play,plain and simple,If you give in.. You will find out..it wont ever stop..It will allways be something..
Ditto...

If you're talking about giving up RC to help fund your mom's cancer treatment as an example, I'd do it in an instant.

If it's a girlfriend who just doesn't like RC, no way - find someone who will accept that you should have the freedom to have a hobby you enjoy.

If it's your wife who wants the money to buy more shoes instead then, wow, did you screw up at the altar...
Old 03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I punched my 15 year old twin double cousins in the face for a set of RPM arms for my T-maxx. I didn't lose them, but they were mad at me for awhile.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:09 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by JKA
I punched my 15 year old twin double cousins in the face for a set of RPM arms for my T-maxx. I didn't lose them, but they were mad at me for awhile.
And it's said RC is a good family sport…
Old 03-15-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MarkA
And it's said RC is a good family sport…
yeah! its a sports with diff. reaction
Old 03-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No I won't give family up for it......and vise versa! If I threw out my r/c gear, I might as well throw myself out, cause they would make sure I go with it! They are into it, not as much as I am, but they are involved. When I was racing in Washington, my wife ran my pit station while I raced!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well my parents hate the hobby, ive moved out, they still think its rediculous, but since all my bills are being paid, and theres no financial burden on them, they let it go.

My gf on the other hand

hated it when we didnt live together cause it took time away from her, now we do live together and still hates it cause it takes up space in the apartment, and its money i could buy her stuff with. but she has learned that if i stay home sunday i will be a very angry man because i want to be at the track. eventually racing, smoking, video games, and me talking to other girls(with no intention of cheating) is gonna break us up. racing and smoking will do it before video games and girls will.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i had to stop racing last year as my wife was having another baby, so yes if it comes to it r/c goes first... it is just a hobby after all. happly racing again this yeah though
Old 03-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

My girlfriend doesn't appriciate the fact that I drive R/C, but she doesn't tell me to "quit the hobby or I'm leaving you.." She understands that it's better than me sitting on my ass at home.. But she wonders why I always have no money...

I mean my family doesn't care, they don't really understand, so they don't question. But if it was for a cause, like someone needing an operation or something, I'd do it. I mean sure, I love this hobby.. but some things are just more important. On my list, RC is number 3. 1st is definitely family, 2nd is my girlfriend and my good friends, and 3rd is RC.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Many of you have stated that family and gf's come first. Fine. Where does work fit in? Has anybody ever selected a different occupation / job because it would interfere with racing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service