Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
funny r/c stories >

funny r/c stories

funny r/c stories

Old 02-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default funny r/c stories

just wondering if any one had any funny things that they did to their rc's, if this thread gets many repies i'll post a few of my own
Old 02-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Put 2 D5 rockets on a bolink pan car..forgot about that "brake thing".. It was real fast untill it hit the railroad crossing..sorta like a huge jump.. went about 10 in the air..400 feet till it hit in the middle of a dirt field..I would have tried it again but their was massive damage done to the bolink..it was funny,me trying to control a missile,I did hit the brakes..gee nothing,doh..felt like homer..
Old 02-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

A buddy and I are thinking of piecing together one of our old electic trucks and slapping a half dozen model rocket engines to it, throw in a servo and rx batt and let that baby fly. Will post results.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

I just got a HPI Nitro MT and forgot to change my receiver batts and I was bashing with a friend and likewise, the truck took off WOT across a main road just barely missing a car......
Old 02-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by nmt6789
I just got a HPI Nitro MT and forgot to change my receiver batts and I was bashing with a friend and likewise, the truck took off WOT across a main road just barely missing a car......

ur lucky dude
Old 03-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by DJ_Normal
Will post results.
awaiting results
Old 03-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i was running my rc10gt with my friend who has a nitro mt2 in a empty lot next to his house, which is on a canal, and he didnt pay attention to his truck since he was watching mine, and next thing i hear, "dude, wheres my truck?" turns out it silenty rolled into the water....so he strips down to his boxers and hops in the freezing ass water after it, took him all of 10 minutes to find it. i still mess with him about it to this day
Old 03-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I grabbed the wrong end of a soldering Iron..oooops

Wasn't really funny till about 5 years later now its a riot since the scars are gone.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by GroffBall
I grabbed the wrong end of a soldering Iron..oooops

Wasn't really funny till about 5 years later now its a riot since the scars are gone.
Been there, done that. It sucks...
Old 03-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

always make sure you wear long pants when soldering,

I had a big lump of hot solder hit me on the thigh, it did not hurt so much at the time but it did later on and took ages to heal,
Old 03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was soldering together a battery pack, wasn't watching what I was doing of course, and the iron slid onto my hand, and being the moron I am, I kept it there! Man, that was painful. I still have the scar. Lets see, what else have I done? Oh yeah! Drove my NTC3 on the street, hit a manhole cover with a dip in the road, all the sudden, WHAM, flying in midair, didn't break much, cracked my Jaco's (no surprise there, ) and I think I bent my chassis a bit. Hmm, I have more. I was driving my E-MAXX on the street, and some lady runs it over, and tells me to watch where I'm going!!!! I said to her, you should keep your eyes on the road, a black road with a red truck, hmm, are you blind???? hmm, wait, I have one more. I was at an offroad track with my T3, dropped a 10x2 in it, and didn't change the gearing, after half a lap, I noticed my car was getting bright from the inside, my battery pack is on fire! And being the moron I am, I threw another pack in, and that one went on fire as well!!!! I think that's all of them. If I remember more, I'll post them. I think I may be close to the king of idiots.... I have another one, just not RC. BMX. Was riding downhill really fast, was looking behind me, didn't see the tree, then all of the sudden.... BAM!!!! That hurt. And another BMX one. I was riding, didnt' see the pot hole, hit the hole, flew off the bike, landed about 100 or so feet away laying on the ground, ripped open my elbow and lower left side of my stomach. That one hurt bad too. I think I am now the King of Idiots.

Last edited by ThePrfctGetaway; 03-02-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

not long ago i was cutting a screw with a dremel in my garage, i wasnt wearing any shoes, and the part I cut off fell in between my toes, and anyone knows if you cut something like that it gets HOT......i dont even wanna know what a bad third degree burn feels like because a little one hurts like hell.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It's a shame stupidity isn't painfull.......
Old 03-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had a buddy shoot an armature at me from his lathe. Like a dumbass, he took the purple retainers off his Hudy lathe and I was pitting right in front of him, leaning back in my chair, next thing I know I get hit square in the chest with his armature. I guess you kind of had to be there but we were crying we were laughing so hard. Another friend was breaking in a motor on a 4 cell pack and sprayed a little too much motor spray onto the comm while it was breaking in and caught it on fire. He freaked and tossed it onto the bench and the motor was still hooked up to the battery. He had a flaming motor rolling around his pit dragging a 4 cell behind it. Again, kind of had to be there but it was funnier than hell.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PIIHB!
It's a shame stupidity isn't painfull.......
who you reffering to exactly?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service