lhs rant

Old 06-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default lhs rant

just at the lhs and look at his parts distributor an all the parts ar out of stock and on order and the dont have a lot stock of the top brands . its global
Old 06-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

Originally Posted by vito View Post
just at the lhs and look at his parts distributor an all the parts ar out of stock and on order and the dont have a lot stock of the top brands . its global
+1
Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

i got top cars and cant get gas or parts. losi 22 sc 10 4x4 losi 8 t and a new tc 6.1 kit.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

he order me some fule his rep told him that they to get it in stock on the 9 of this mo. and still dont have it for race gen 2 30 with 11% oil in it
Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

my lhs has tons of parts but i will never buy from him again. a vary rude guy
Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

my lhs has one parts rep and they are out of stock on like 90% of there stock
Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Dont feel bad man my LHS most of time doesnt have what i need and most of time i cant wait for a week to get it in as much as i like supporting them .

This is one reason why racers dont really shop at LHS now some hobby shops have what racers need and in stock most of time but not all.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Try RC Plus in Salem, Ron has a magic touch in finding parts.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

thanks will do.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

I used to be a fervent supporter of local hobby shops, but I ran into the following problems.

- Unknowledgeable, or untrained staff with even basic r/c questions
- Rude, unfriendly service / lack of appreciation of my business
- Overpriced
- Very poor selection
- Not value adding.

For the most part, if the LHS cannot add value and do so at a competitive price, then they don't deserve to be in business. However, many hobby shops do a great job for hobbyist level people. Hobbytown USA in St. Charles is one of the hobby shops that is very organized and has friendly, knowledgable help. So, I support the guys who do a good job of running a hobby shop. I don't support the disorganized, poorly run hobby shops.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

It is a hit or miss with lhs. I have a hobbytown somewhat close that knows almost nothing and couldnt figure out that the screw they were trying to take out was stripped when the first thing I told them when I walked in was that I needed help with a stripped screw. The guys were rude too.

But I have another hobby town that is closer and has a nice indoor offroad track and now an outdoor offroad track with amazing staff and stock. They are VERY helpful and knowledgeable. The owner is also very nice and helpful. They almost always have the part and if they dont, they can have it within a few days. And on bigger things they sometimes match internet pricing, but they dont need to because they are normally at it in the first place.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My local shop rocks... and so does the one a little further across town.

Mike's Hobbies in Carrolton, TX. Competitive with online prices, and if they don't have it, they'll get it, fast. Indoor onroad track, indoor offroad electric track, and outdoor nitro track. Also more airplane, helicopter, and boat stuff than you can shake a stick at. Helpful staff, nice owner.

Indy RC World in Garland. Indoor NITRO (and electric too) offroad track. Not as big of a parts selection, but they'll get it if you need it.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

All my RC comes from online orders now except for fuel and paint which slow down shipping.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

i just use a main
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So you are saying it is not really the lhs fault since their supplier is out of parts? That is very different from a shop just not stocking what you want. Even if the shop wanted to stock the parts they could not have them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.