iRacing Thread >

iRacing Thread

iRacing Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default iRacing Thread

Anyone else on iRacing? If not, check it out at www.iracing.com

Amazingly lifelike racing simulation. Its completely addicting.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Late Model setup builder...free to use setups, replays, and track breakdowns every week in the Monte Carlo SS forum...

...and Thursday night promoter of the V8 Supercars Americas

Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It would be cool if you could use a vrc adapter and your RC radio to control things.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm not on it, but a friend of mine is, I haven't been to his place to try it yet, but he tells me he has a full racing seat, wheel and pedal set-up with a dedicated 36" TV just for iRacing.

It looks interesting.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's pretty nuts, every bit as big a deal as R/C racing. I mean, yeah, there's other high-end racing sims out there; rFactor, netKar Pro, Reiza Game Stock Car, Project CARS, Live for Speed, heck you could even throw some SimBin titles like the GTR and RACE series' on that pile. But while they're all great simulators, that where they end; they just simulate cars on a track. iRacing's done that and done it extremely well, but they've also taken the time to come up with an incredibly thorough and well thought out form of legislation and organization to make the racing clean, fair, and progressive. They've successfully elevated simracing to a legitimate hobby, and with races officially sanctioned by NASCAR, Grand-Am, Australian V8 Supercars, and IZOD IndyCar (to name a few) you could go as far as to call it a regular form of motorsport.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. (who supplied a few cars for iRacing to study, including his personal Frank Kimmel Street Stock) recently started a new division of JR Motorsports, just to build his own dream-team of iRacing simracers. One of them now drives his real-life Late Model
Old 03-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My specialties are the SK Modifieds and the IndyCar fixed series. Just won my first IndyCar race last night actually. Led wire to wire.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I started Sunday and I'm addicted , built a new computer and got a g27 wheel it's a blast... Won my first legends race last night!