Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
PUSH yourself to the next level!! >

PUSH yourself to the next level!!

PUSH yourself to the next level!!

Old 01-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

" Push yourself to the next level "

What for ? ...... here is why : the top three group A drivers in my country are X, Y, Z. When we race during the year, the trophies are "booked" by this configuration :
X, Y, Z or
Y, X, Z or
Z, X, Y or
Z, Y, X, and so on
Old 01-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by asw7576

What for ? ...... here is why : the top three group A drivers in my country are X, Y, Z. When we race during the year, the trophies are "booked" by this configuration :
X, Y, Z or
Y, X, Z or
Z, X, Y or
Z, Y, X, and so on
Well, lets say that you are A. You could go to a big race, qualify for the A-main, and things may happen to where that could be the following:

A, Z, X or
Y, A, Z or
Z, X, A, and so on.

But, with a defeated attitude like "What for...", you have already lost. You have to approach every race like you could win it all. Who knows, things may fall into place and you could very well win one, with a positive outlook, of course.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, I may have missed the sarcasm in your statement, if so, don't take what I posted too seriously. The last post was for the ones that serious think like that.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I go into every race weekend believing I can beat everyone who is faster than me now. And why shouldn't I? Just as I believe that with dedication and time-I will at some point in the future be a tru threat for A-Mains and TQ's at big races!!! Will it take 1 more year, 10 years? I have no idea-but the idea is I am always pushng myself to improve-almmost every lap. NO defeatest attitude here!!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Ha.. Ha...Ha... I can take that ! where in the world you could beat Marc Rheinard, Atsushi, Masami, Surikarn, Hodapp, etc. Those people "booked" the world champ trophies.

Here is my point, RC racing is for fun & hobby unless you are a sponsored driver. So for non sponsored drivers, people like you and me, there is no point to be dead serious. Let the fun factor number one. If u win, good on u, if u don't, it's time well spent

Btw.... does Marc or Surikarn go to school ??
Old 01-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by asw7576

X, Y, Z or
Y, X, Z or
Z, X, Y or
Z, Y, X, and so on
The top guys at my local area tracks are Wayne Vince and Scott Smithers and Andy Vetor, Wayne and Scott have both won A-mains at the US Indoor Champs, Andy would as well but he hasn't raced the champs yet. They generally win at club races but that doesn't stop me from trying to win against them. I watch very closely how they drive and prep their cars and I try and learn from that. I never get discouraged, I'm in it for fun. If it wasn't fun then I would try fishing or 5-pin bowling or something.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

the only thing i got to say is you wanna go fast race with the fast guys

if you wanna go slow move over and let me pass,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Theres one thing you can never get that the pro sponsored drivers got and thats the best parts period. They get the best batteries and the best motors. You as a non sponsored person has to learn the motor and car and how to make all that work togther and be fast as possible. I quit slotcar racing because it just wasnt fun any more and i was the sponsored driver. There was no challenge when you are faster than everyone. Thats really why i moved into r/c..i know a TON about motors and learning set up and all that good stuff to maybe get on that level as kinwald or francis or those other household r/c driver names. How many people have made it to an a main and won with no sponsorship at all?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PROMODVETTE
Theres one thing you can never get that the pro sponsored drivers got and thats the best parts period. They get the best batteries and the best motors. You as a non sponsored person has to learn the motor and car and how to make all that work togther and be fast as possible. I quit slotcar racing because it just wasnt fun any more and i was the sponsored driver. There was no challenge when you are faster than everyone. Thats really why i moved into r/c..i know a TON about motors and learning set up and all that good stuff to maybe get on that level as kinwald or francis or those other household r/c driver names. How many people have made it to an a main and won with no sponsorship at all?
chris doseck! for one won cleveland with of the shelf parts in 12 scale mod!
There have been a ton of guys that have made the A main without help.
Kevin mitchal made the A main a couple times and got picked up by associated.
Alex Lopez did the same and at the time got picked up by schumacher before trinity and xray. There are others out there it takes time and preperation.
So that bullshit I cant doit because I aint sponserd is punk sissy stuff!

I'am sure your dads didnt raise you guys to be punks ! Get out there and do your best everytime and have fun knowing its better than work or listening to a nagging wife!
Old 01-13-2005, 01:10 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Some people play checkers...
Some people play chess...

You don't HAVE to progress to the next "game" if you don't really want to.

King's Pawn leaves you Checkmate. Good game.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

You wanna wrestle? I could beat you!
Old 01-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally posted by PROMODVETTE
How many people have made it to an a main and won with no sponsorship at all?
Jim Guard was unsponsored at the Cactus Classic this year and he and Scott Brown each had one win going into the last main of a triple A-Main.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:30 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl
You wanna wrestle? I could beat you!
So that must be you on that motorcycle?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

The entire reason I still race stock instead of mod is because mod is just too much faster than stock, which lead to a lot of additional cost. I would be happy to run 19t or even 4cell mod TC, but I will not entertain 6cell mod TC. I have done it before and it cost a fortune compared to stock. The overall motor cost difference was negligable. The tire cost alone would break me. I had to run a bit softer tire in mod than in stock, and the extra power put a lot of wear on the tires. I did not break parts any more often in mod than in stock, but when I did break parts I broke a lot of them. A wreck in stock might snap a C-hub, whereas it will bust a C-hub, caster block, A-arms, etc in mod.

Seriously, I think most guys would enjoy 4cell mod TC quite a bit. Similar top speed, but less punch than 6cell mod TC. It would be faster than stock but slower than existing mod class. Tire and motor wear would be more budget friendly. 4cell mod is the only mod class I could ever see myself commiting to. Until that class catches on, I will continue to run stock and 19t (if/when local clubs run 19t).
Old 01-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Post Oh that's great 4 cell racing.....

Breaking up my stick packs from 540 stock racing would not be my idea of fun. No wait a minute I'd have to buy new batteries anyway as 1500 mah wouldn't last in the first place in mod.

That's the problem I think. Give someone a high octane fuel (a hi capacity batttery) and they just "HAVE" to find a hi power engine to use it don't they.

Lower the capacities (or more accurately they should never have been raised in the first place). Was all this issue ever a problem (and if so how bad does it seem compared to now) when all there was was 1700 mah Scrs and Omg anything below say a 15 double was insane.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 01-13-2005 at 02:38 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service