Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
RcTech Magazine? >

RcTech Magazine?

RcTech Magazine?

Old 01-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default RcTech Magazine?

I think we should make a magazine group? I think it would be really cool because a lot of people would read it and if we decided to we could do legit magazines..

I think we could start off small with like just doing blog post... Then we can do a monthly release of the magazine.. And if we get engough people liking it maybe we could do a legit magazine.. What do you guys think about that?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

im on board with it that is a pretty good idea
Old 01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that

Ya then when we decided if we want to do that we can make a group on the forum and we can have meetings once a month on what we can add to the magazine.. I think it would be fun.. But I think we need to make sure other people are in for the idea and the owner is OK with us using his name.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

it sounds cool! but I dont have the time to help out. I would def like it if you guys make it.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

yeah I'd be willing to do the owners today was okay
Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, so how do you propose that you do it?

Everyone complains that the real magazines show bias, etc.... and they have 100,000s of dollars on the line every month and do it for a living.

I mean I guess you could write about interesting topics, but as soon as you review anything, it will be a challenge to show credibility, etc...
Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post

Everyone complains that the real magazines show bias, etc.... and they have 100,000s of dollars on the line every month and do it for a living.

I mean I guess you could write about interesting topics, but as soon as you review anything, it will be a challenge to show credibility, etc...
Ya that's what we would do just write small articles about be races new releases and all that good stuff.. So like we could like do a paid group on this forum that would enable more sections and the magazine section.. What do you think say I think a real magazine would be way to hard but online ones would be easy..
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post

Easy way to fix that is to have 3 users test the same product completely separate from each other. Then have a 4th user put the info into one article, still showing which user said what, but just so it won't be altered in any way.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Print media is a struggling industry. The last several years have really slimmed the market in R/C publications.

The biggest problem with print is that, a), consumers don't want to pay for it when they can read 'the same thing' on the internet, and b), on a 12print/yr circular, most of the information is already dated/not news by the time it reaches readers' hands.

Even a heavily ad-supported magazine still isn't free. It's no secret the idea as a publisher is higher circulation for higher charge ad placements. If publishing costs were really cheap, then every magazine would be almost free - but the good ones aren't because it's not sustainable.

As to the second hurdle, there's two secrets and one of which is the big reason people still read print magazines: EXCLUSIVE features. This is pretty much the bread and butter of why people still read magazines... things they can find nowhere else. The second is reviews. Not any reviews, reviews from industry veterans and done in a consistent format every time; not one paragraph forum rants from someone hiding behind a username.

Certainly there's more worth going into if you are serious.

Just my .02c from a marketing background.