Iphone meltdown

Reply

Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 AM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,650
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default Iphone meltdown

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...odes-says-blog

Think I might hold onto my 3Gs a little longer


Hater, Fan-boys, proceed....
nf_ekt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM
  #2  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

i saw on the news that the new 4g's where junk
inferno13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (183)
 
Kylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 3,687
Trader Rating: 183 (100%+)
Default

Looks like the lipo blew up
Kylar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:26 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,636
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I leave mine plugged in overnight all the time no problems yet . My phone doesn't even get warm when I use it a lot like my android did . So far so good .
jag5508 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:35 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,650
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
I leave mine plugged in overnight all the time no problems yet . My phone doesn't even get warm when I use it a lot like my android did . So far so good .
Is it a 3 or 4?

I'm thinking about getting a 4gs only because I can upgrade on the cheap and re-coup most of the cost with a resale of my old one. The camera is now a lot better. Everyone in my office has Iphones, the one guy that has the 4gs is saying it's faster than his 3gs was. I guess I'll just make sure not to leave it plugged in too long.

Or maybe I'll buy a lipo-charging sack for it
nf_ekt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,636
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Is it a 3 or 4?

I'm thinking about getting a 4gs only because I can upgrade on the cheap and re-coup most of the cost with a resale of my old one. The camera is now a lot better. Everyone in my office has Iphones, the one guy that has the 4gs is saying it's faster than his 3gs was. I guess I'll just make sure not to leave it plugged in too long.

Or maybe I'll buy a lipo-charging sack for it
I got the 4s I have had no problems so far .
jag5508 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 AM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
R40Victim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: N.W. FL___L.A.___Lower Alabama
Posts: 7,827
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm still using my 3GS. Gonna wait for the 5 so I can feel a big difference in the upgrade.

Mine only gets warm watching vids. Charging through the USB adapter seems to be best. The wall charger just rams it in there, same with the car charger.
R40Victim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:11 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,650
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
I'm still using my 3GS. Gonna wait for the 5 so I can feel a big difference in the upgrade.

Mine only gets warm watching vids. Charging through the USB adapter seems to be best. The wall charger just rams it in there, same with the car charger.
I wonder how long it will be until the I5 comes out? Yeah I'm on the fence about an upgrade at the moment, I just know getting an 8g version of the 4s means once I pay the fee and sell the old one, I've broken even or close (+/-)... so why not?

I would like to see them increase the screen size, and make the buttons for text/email a little bigger... really that's it.
nf_ekt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:08 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,636
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
I wonder how long it will be until the I5 comes out? Yeah I'm on the fence about an upgrade at the moment, I just know getting an 8g version of the 4s means once I pay the fee and sell the old one, I've broken even or close (+/-)... so why not?

I would like to see them increase the screen size, and make the buttons for text/email a little bigger... really that's it.
I think the 4s starts at 16g .
jag5508 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:16 PM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
I wonder how long it will be until the I5 comes out? Yeah I'm on the fence about an upgrade at the moment, I just know getting an 8g version of the 4s means once I pay the fee and sell the old one, I've broken even or close (+/-)... so why not?

I would like to see them increase the screen size, and make the buttons for text/email a little bigger... really that's it.
I would bet next summer around june/july, some 'tester' will loose one around march/may to get the hype up...
whitrzac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:39 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
R40Victim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: N.W. FL___L.A.___Lower Alabama
Posts: 7,827
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
I wonder how long it will be until the I5 comes out? Yeah I'm on the fence about an upgrade at the moment, I just know getting an 8g version of the 4s means once I pay the fee and sell the old one, I've broken even or close (+/-)... so why not?

I would like to see them increase the screen size, and make the buttons for text/email a little bigger... really that's it.
Seems like there's a new one about every year. I figure the battery in mine will crap out right about the time I'm ready for a new one.
R40Victim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:21 AM
  #12  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 141
Default

Glad I'm happy it blew up. I hate apple products, especially the Macs. Over priced junk for elitists. Now that Steve Jobs is gone maybe stuff will go down hill every so nicely
FNS156 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 AM
  #13  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,962
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FNS156 View Post
Glad I'm happy it blew up. I hate apple products, especially the Macs. Over priced junk for elitists. Now that Steve Jobs is gone maybe stuff will go down hill every so nicely

Dude!! I can see disliking a company, but wishing they go out of bussines is a little too much. Think of all the people that would loose their jobs if Apple went out of bussines. Thats just effed up.
nitrodude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 AM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,700
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Seems like there's a new one about every year. I figure the battery in mine will crap out right about the time I'm ready for a new one.
The 4gs was just something apple though together because everyone was getting impatient they didn't want to lose sells so they thought together what they had. There still pro typing the 5
Mxer59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:03 AM
  #15  
Tech Master
 
Longhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,701
Default

Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Dude!! I can see disliking a company, but wishing they go out of bussines is a little too much. Think of all the people that would loose their jobs if Apple went out of bussines. Thats just effed up.
Lots of people would lose their jobs...

... in China
Longhair is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service