Iphone meltdown

Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Don't have an I-phone and don't particularly want one, at least at the moment,, but if I was in the market, I'd probably take all the I-phone repair shops that are popping up all over the place into consideration. Why is there such a need for a chain of shops that do nothing but repair I-phones?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
Lots of people would lose their jobs...

... in China
What about all the people that work at Apple here in the states? From developers to janitors?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So it wasn't the Chevy Volt after all, it was the damn phone dropped under the seat.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Overpriced and overhyped.

My wife has the 3G, really to me it's nothing special at all.

More than happy with my HTC android smartphone. OK so it uses a fair bit of battery, but what smart phone doesnt use battery?

Processors are faster thesedays, phones are doing more things, its only natural to drain the battery more IMO.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Glad mine hasn't done that had it over a year now
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
Don't have an I-phone and don't particularly want one, at least at the moment,, but if I was in the market, I'd probably take all the I-phone repair shops that are popping up all over the place into consideration. Why is there such a need for a chain of shops that do nothing but repair I-phones?
Because there is a huge secondary market for iPhones and other apple products that are no longer covered by the mfr warranty, yet still operate.

Sadly, many mfrs can't seem to figure our how to make their goods outlast the warranty...but that's another subject. I have several apple products and I can honestly say I have yet to have a defective one. I'm not claiming that they are the top of the tech ladder and the most advanced or capable items available...but they are dead reliable. 3 iPhone 3GS, 1 4s, an iPod touch that is 3 or 4 years old, and a first gen iPad bought the first month they were available.

Knock on wood, other than 2 broken iPhone screens (drops) I have done nothing to any of these devices and use them daily... Although I did sell one 3GS to pay for my 4s upgrade...

Love or hate apple...that's your business. Making reliable functional phones and devices seems to be theirs.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prestondan View Post
Because there is a huge secondary market for iPhones and other apple products that are no longer covered by the mfr warranty, yet still operate.

Sadly, many mfrs can't seem to figure our how to make their goods outlast the warranty...but that's another subject. I have several apple products and I can honestly say I have yet to have a defective one. I'm not claiming that they are the top of the tech ladder and the most advanced or capable items available...but they are dead reliable. 3 iPhone 3GS, 1 4s, an iPod touch that is 3 or 4 years old, and a first gen iPad bought the first month they were available.

Knock on wood, other than 2 broken iPhone screens (drops) I have done nothing to any of these devices and use them daily... Although I did sell one 3GS to pay for my 4s upgrade...

Love or hate apple...that's your business. Making reliable functional phones and devices seems to be theirs.

I've had my 3gs for 2 years now. I managed to completely dunk the thing (fully submersed) in water a few weeks back. A little rice-bed ressurection and she's back to full functionality . If you work a job where email is a major part of the day, regardless of where you are or what you are doing, I simply can't fault it.

I don't need the "5"... I will wait for it to hit the market, and upgrade to the 4s for 2 bills or less. I've abused my iphone a lot. It won't give up.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Apple is the best thing since pie.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Apple is the best thing since pie.
Translated:

"Braaaaaiiinnnssss"
Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FNS156 View Post
Glad I'm happy it blew up. I hate apple products, especially the Macs. Over priced junk for elitists. Now that Steve Jobs is gone maybe stuff will go down hill every so nicely
lol, I tend to agree with you. After all there logo is the fruit of the tree of knowledge. The founder of the church of satan also heavily endorsed their product due to this fact, but they didn't like the press they got from it and I believe they sued him over it. Me, I would buy their products if I really believed that they are worth 4 times the price of a pc as there user interface is a lot more user friendly...