PaZ
Tech Master

FQ-340 musta missed that top gear
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 01:24 PM   #47
PaZ
Tech Master

i dont belive it, i post that reply, turn on BBC2 top gear and what car was going round the track yes thats right the FQ-300, FQ-320 AND! the FQ-340. And the car god mr clarkson said that the FQ-320 is the best for price to power
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Ooooh, hope thats an episode of the new series...it's just started here again
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:54 AM   #49
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Im sad,i never wanted Japanese muscle to rise like it has
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:44 PM   #50
Tech Adept

dont just look at HP numbers or magizine times. i have 3 friends that have evo 8..all quick as hell to

the one has the stage 4 burscher(sp) upgrades...0-60 in 2.62 seconds

both the sti and evo are amazing but with the recent events and mitsu pulling out of the US it will become harder to find parts for there cars.

id personally get the sti even though i like the evo much better.

subaru is much more reliable in the long run..
iamjeff6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:25 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
you wouldn't be talking about a yellow evo8 and a gray civic hatchback would you now?

btw, that wasn't a B18 if you were talking about the video it was a K20 rsx engine.
I like all cars weather it be domestic of import. I remember seeing that video awailt back. I think it was on www.hybrid-racing.com under the galleries. That's a pretty sweet video.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:35 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i don't see why horsepower would be such a big issue for turbocharged cars when it is so easy to pick up power on turbo charged cars as long as the internals of the engine can handle it. from what ive been reading at least for u.s. versions both engines are detuned so i'm assuming it would be easy to pick up 20-45hp just by going with a more efficient exhaust, down pipe, and intake system. with so much aftermarket tuner with preprogramed chips to raise boost moderately and with taylored fuel and ignition mapping hp would be so easy to increase on these two cars. i would worry more about which drivetrain can take more abuse on awd cars.
the best example would be the last gen. of the supra i heard the stock internals are reliable with hp closing in on 500hp as long as the fuel mapping and ignition is done properly.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:57 AM   #53
Tech Regular

On the track the evo's numbers are better b/c of the suspension onder it. (road course). As for reliability mitsu is awsome. I've had their AWD turbos since my 95 GSX! IF YOU OPEN the hood you can go through and see the paint marker marks where they went through and DOUBLE torqued everything. STI replacement parts are a little harder to come by as well (and more expensive.)
At least around me. After you by the car the first things you'll want to by are
1) exhaust: Thearmal Research and develompent is awsome!
2) I'd recommend HKS super sequntial blow-off valve, 5 hp right their!
3) frontmount intercooler.
4)turbo timer must have at all costs.

By the way I run mine boost at 30 pounds all of the time! That motor is bullet-proof!
Mitsu has these AWD sports cars DOWN!
There's nothing like bringing it up to 5000 grand, dumping the clutch and smoking all 4! And have never hurt any thing hell yeah!
You'll probably laugh bu just for Intrest. The GTO has 400 HP now in the '05 models. They are actually pretty solid cars (kind of boring lines). But, They have been raced for ever in the Austrailan V8 sedan series and are incredible. I'm thinking of builing on of these now since no-one around here has done it yet (everyones afraid of American late-model junk) I like haveing what no-one else does. I've watched everyone jump onto Mitsu's (can't blame them.) When I started My Brother and I were the first in columbus to build them. now there every where.
brianhackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:10 PM   #54
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by brianhackett
On the track the evo's numbers are better b/c of the suspension onder it. (road course). As for reliability mitsu is awsome. I've had their AWD turbos since my 95 GSX! IF YOU OPEN the hood you can go through and see the paint marker marks where they went through and DOUBLE torqued everything. STI replacement parts are a little harder to come by as well (and more expensive.)
At least around me. After you by the car the first things you'll want to by are
1) exhaust: Thearmal Research and develompent is awsome!
2) I'd recommend HKS super sequntial blow-off valve, 5 hp right their!
3) frontmount intercooler.
4)turbo timer must have at all costs.

By the way I run mine boost at 30 pounds all of the time! That motor is bullet-proof!
Mitsu has these AWD sports cars DOWN!
There's nothing like bringing it up to 5000 grand, dumping the clutch and smoking all 4! And have never hurt any thing hell yeah!
You'll probably laugh bu just for Intrest. The GTO has 400 HP now in the '05 models. They are actually pretty solid cars (kind of boring lines). But, They have been raced for ever in the Austrailan V8 sedan series and are incredible. I'm thinking of builing on of these now since no-one around here has done it yet (everyones afraid of American late-model junk) I like haveing what no-one else does. I've watched everyone jump onto Mitsu's (can't blame them.) When I started My Brother and I were the first in columbus to build them. now there every where.

keep revving to 5grand and dropping it...does the tranny wonders

and about mitsu having there cars down pact...why is that most of the DSM are the cars that and usualy broken

ever hear of crank walk?
iamjeff6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:16 PM   #55
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I believe crank walk was only an issue on the 2nd gen DSM's. There have been many versions of the 4G63 but regardless, the engine has always been pretty much bulletproof when modified.

I agree with you on the trannies though. I know a few DSM guys who go through trannies like no other. I've even seen the tranny on a friend's Galant VR4 when we hauled the engine and the tranny is tiny!

I have no idea how well the Evo trannies hold up though.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:34 PM   #56
Tech Regular

I'm kinda partial to the Evo RS no big spoiler,a/c,power windows,and a few other things gone.Pretty much a sleeper off the showroom floor.
teammediocre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:08 AM   #57
Tech Master

Brian Hackett,they dont race GTOs here in Australia they race 640hp sedans in the V8 Supercars
Old 12-19-2004, 07:12 AM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've read everyone's post, but I think what you are missing on both of these cars is what they were originally built for, WRC. I doubt either company had dragracing in mind when they first developed them. If you buy one a decide to set it up for rallying or autocross then you truely are using it for what it was originally built for. Does it really matter which one is faster out of the box? They are really both badazz cars no matter how you look at them. I personally think Pontiac took the easy route by not designing a brand new car. They basically just stole the design from their Aussie branch and renamed it. They got flack for that and sales proved it was not a good idea. To the original poster, go drive both and make up your mind for yourself, that is the only way you will truely be happy with your decision.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #59
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I agree. He can sit here and hear us compare stats and bench race all day....

It all comes down to driving the car and seeing which car you enjoy more.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:53 AM   #60
Tech Master

TRF-POWERED have you made up your mind yet?