R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 12-09-2004, 12:28 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: The evo has proven it self

Quote:
Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Thats because the EVO VIII in the states and in Australia is well detuned america/canada have the fastest STI's in the world as far as i know but a fair comparison without detuning i can guarantee the evo will be on top except for comfort
cool i guess with these 2 cars. its a matter of what part of the world we live in. i have to give it to the mitsu on looks though.
but i saw the lattest pic of the upcoming sub and that one is a lot
better looking than the current model. I don't think you can go wrong with either car but the mr seems to have the edge as far as performance if your part of the world offers the mr.

those civics might pull on a evo or sti about $20,000.00 later on add ons and slick tires and still won't make the next turn
Old 12-09-2004, 12:49 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Default Actually You will go wrong

I tell you man even if you did go with the STI or what ever you call it...you will be byting the bullet later on down the road. One, the re-sale value stinks, two, they dont hold a good name for quality, yeah they may look good, so you may need to go that route so it looks good sitting in your yard. Three, i believe Subaru's aren't readliy with parts as Mitsu's are. Mitsubishi came out with i believe 3 Evo's in less than 5 years.....Sub's you have WRX and WRX STI. CRAP AND CRAP.....I dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings if I did. But Subaru lost me when they couldnt fix the leaking oil problems they had after knowing about it.
Not like Subaru had me at anytime...i was just saying.

Dante`

TurboLancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:26 PM   #33
Tech Master

The USA MR edition has the same horse/torque as the regular EvoVIII. 278hp/286lb-ft.

It does have updated suspension and 6 speed tranny that regular Evo don't get, and the vortex generator/HID headlights that are options on the regular VIII as standard items.. and of course the exlusive MR grey color....

Now seeing that MR edition from other country have 300+ hps.... that makes me think that Mitsu might eventually bring that to the state.....

I hate how most of the Jap car sold in the US gets tiny performance update here and there every single year!!! Why can't they just put out a car that has "everything" that could be desired by a performance enthusiast..
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #34
PaZ
Tech Master

NAAAAAA, the Mitsbushi maybe more reliable ect BUT! the interior of the EVO is SHOCKING compaired to the Subaru also the boxer 4 turbo is the best sounding engine there is in my opinion unless you wanna go into DB9 territory lol especially since i have been in my mates new subaru, 460hp no rear seats just 4 1000watt subs

I haven't got a piccy of the 500bhp evo but i will do my best, and 500bhp from a 4 cylinder aint that much, look at some of the moders, there gettin 1000hp+ outta 4's it just depends what components are in it lol
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:21 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered

I hate how most of the Jap car sold in the US gets tiny performance update here and there every single year!!! Why can't they just put out a car that has "everything" that could be desired by a performance enthusiast.. [/B]

I think the aftermarket companies are paying of manufacturers
so they can take care of the performance upgrades.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #36
Tech Elite

turbo lancer, taking a look at your avitar i take it you are not going to be partial to anything but the evo.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:16 AM   #37
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Re: Actually You will go wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by TurboLancer
I tell you man even if you did go with the STI or what ever you call it...you will be byting the bullet later on down the road. One, the re-sale value stinks, two, they dont hold a good name for quality, yeah they may look good, so you may need to go that route so it looks good sitting in your yard. Three, i believe Subaru's aren't readliy with parts as Mitsu's are.
At least over here, resale value on Subaru's are decent and pretty much on par with Mitsu. Mitsu cars aren't exactly up there for resale value either.

Mitsubishi is not known for high quality. I would say the Subaru is just about on par, or even better at the current status from their overall lineup. In fact, Mitsu ranked pretty low in terms of overall build quality from consumers.

But the engine is amazing. My friend has an older Galant VR4 and the somewhat similar older 4G63 engine is pretty awesome. Makes a cool sleeper car.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:20 AM   #38
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PaZ
NAAAAAA, the Mitsbushi maybe more reliable ect BUT! the interior of the EVO is SHOCKING compaired to the Subaru also the boxer 4 turbo is the best sounding engine there is in my opinion unless you wanna go into DB9 territory lol especially since i have been in my mates new subaru, 460hp no rear seats just 4 1000watt subs
I love the blurbly boxer sound as well. Even more with the 6 cyl boxer engines from Porsche. I've never really heard a good sounding inline 4 engine (all sound farty too me.) But thats just my opinion.

But there is a boxer engine that sounds worse than that. A VW Bug engine.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:21 AM   #39
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

PaZ,i agree the WRX sounds beautiful doesnt it

Whats this that the WRX STI doesnt have good resale value? it does so,everyday when i look in the newspaper i see 1998 WRX's going for heaps! i havent heard anything bad about both the EVO and STI,dude just go to the some cardealers get specs on these cars then decide which one you want
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:29 PM   #40
PaZ
Tech Master

CT Race Bodies
Old 12-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #41
PaZ
Tech Master

The only good EVO is the EVO 8 FQ 300
(yes that stands for fu**ing quick) like the Subaru they have both been modded by Ralliart or Prodrive after the emision test so they can get better performance. THATS miles better than the boring MR
CT Race Bodies
Old 12-11-2004, 01:48 PM   #42
Tech Master

uhh..... not to bash on you.. but get the fact straight.... all FQ has MR attach to it.... it's called the Evo VIII MR FQ-300....

And FQ-300 is not the best out right now.... FQ-340 is... but I doubt we are going to see that in the US.....

FQ-340 is a monster.... 350bhp/320lb-ft.....

if US market sells that... it would make the decision process a lot easier....
Old 12-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #43
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Hey mate have you thought about the GTR R34 Skyline or even a Honda S2000?

What made you decide on just the STI and EVO?
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:31 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Duratrax
Hey mate have you thought about the GTR R34 Skyline or even a Honda S2000?

What made you decide on just the STI and EVO?
if you run botht the evo's and the r34GTR stock side by side they come very close, the power to weight ratio of the lancer is great and the combination of torque and power is nearly the same. As for the S2000 i dont think it would stand a chance against the GSR even.
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:13 AM   #45
Tech Master

skylines are not available in the US right now.... unless you want to pay rape price to import one from Japan through Motorex...

S2000 is old.....

Evo, and STi are my choice... cuz the place i'm moving to rains whole lot....

I am leaning towards Evo right now.... I just hope that there won't be a FQ340 version pop up in the US in middle/end of next year... I might just wait until May/June of 2005 to make my decision... by then there should be enough info out about 2006 models... ... And besides... I doubt any mitsu dealer would sell the car (MR edition) below retail right now..... Since this is the very first year that MR is being offered in the US.... it's most likely way over sticker right now...