R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 08-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sure, they make money... WHO DOESN'T?... human leeches not withstanding.

Yup, lots of people came to hate MW2, but many still hold it up as the Peak of CoD. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMhKKcaJPscYOrsPz8x-lw?view_as=subscriber
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Sure, they make money... WHO DOESN'T?... human leeches not withstanding.

Yup, lots of people came to hate MW2, but many still hold it up as the Peak of CoD. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.
That doessn't change the fact that they're turning what was once a great customer experience into solely profit. Thats like what would happen if Castle Creations just turned away completely from their customer care service, on top of building crap-quality Mamba kits.

Yes opinions are like buttholes, but there are often times when a whole bunch of em look just the same!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Well, in many cases the squeaky wheel gets oil. However, when there are millions of wheels, the squeaky ones are often muffled and ignored. They're gonna produce what sells, because that's what a business does. I don't see fanbois, whiners, or anything else slowing their pace. The game will release, tons of people will cry, and they will still make a profit.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Quote:
Well, in many cases the squeaky wheel gets oil. However, when there are millions of wheels, the squeaky ones are often muffled and ignored. They're gonna produce what sells, because that's what a business does. I don't see fanbois, whiners, or anything else slowing their pace. The game will release, tons of people will cry, and they will still make a profit.
Yep, they will make a profit, because obviously the market is full of retarded consumer sheep who buy what looks cool, so they flash a very cool overhyped trailer of the game, stupid sheep say "Oh wow thats so awesome!" and go buy it, and by then its too late. No skin off Activision's back, because even if many don't like it & return it to the store, the store take's the hit & not them. But thats ok, in the TRUE gaming community Activision has been labeled as a tyrant. FYI just playing a game online doesnt make you a real gamer.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:42 AM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Note72 View Post
All leading back to greed. Good for business, bad for game franchises.
Absolutely. Everyone knows the best games are made by communist countries. Down with those greedy free market game developers.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #36
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Note72 View Post
Yep, they will make a profit, because obviously the market is full of retarded consumer sheep who buy what looks cool, so they flash a very cool overhyped trailer of the game, stupid sheep say "Oh wow thats so awesome!" and go buy it, and by then its too late. No skin off Activision's back, because even if many don't like it & return it to the store, the store take's the hit & not them. But thats ok, in the TRUE gaming community Activision has been labeled as a tyrant. FYI just playing a game online doesnt make you a real gamer.
I wouldn't call them retarded sheep, they just happen to disagree with you. A video game is more or less a toy. You clearly play with RC Car Toys. There are many MANY men who would call you a retarded sheep for doing so.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't call them retarded sheep, they just happen to disagree with you. A video game is more or less a toy. You clearly play with RC Car Toys. There are many MANY men who would call you a retarded sheep for doing so.
Well I'd hate to have to disagree with those "men", but I would say that returning the same comment is just a simple retaliation mechanism. Yes it is a toy, but if the toy company had a heritage of making good toys and then started making crappier toys, wouldn't you say "What's up with this crap?". When Traxxas just started re-releasing new kit variants (mini-summit, rally, etc) based around the old common chassis designs, was it everyone who noticed this decline or was it just you guys who weren't the die-hard fanboys? That's what sets the line between the blind-following fanboys and those who buy the products for their quality, which is what Call of Duty used to have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ncwd3KW2po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaiOz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbSE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHBYG...eature=related
Old 08-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The game doesn't bother me, it's the punks who ruin it for everyone that bother me. I can't even play a game of Zombies without some pansy quiting because he died and now has to watch.

That compiled with the instability of PSN is why I won't be purchasing a new COD game.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
The game doesn't bother me, it's the punks who ruin it for everyone that bother me. I can't even play a game of Zombies without some pansy quiting because he died and now has to watch.

That compiled with the instability of PSN is why I won't be purchasing a new COD game.
Has PSN still not fixed that hacking issue?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That's far from the issue for me.

Loss of connection t server, long waits to connect, long wait to disconnect even though the connection has been lost, the gamers themselves (again). It's just getting old. Or maybe I am.
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

ehhhh ill still buy it.Gives me something to do when the wife and kids are sleeping an i have a few cold ones to throw back.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #42
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmade View Post
ehhhh ill still buy it.Gives me something to do when the wife and kids are sleeping an i have a few cold ones to throw back.
Amen
Old 08-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
That's far from the issue for me.

Loss of connection t server, long waits to connect, long wait to disconnect even though the connection has been lost, the gamers themselves (again). It's just getting old. Or maybe I am.
wow that sounds like crap. lol but then again it is a free service i have xbox so i have no full understanding of how PS Network works. For a while now I've been playin Battlefield BC2, and i dont know how it is on PSN but thru xbox live its server connection is immaculate. Server disconnections are rare and there are no hosts to quit or migrate, unlike CoD. On top of the fact that theres no Noobtoobers and no squeakers.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
That aint old. I had an Atari, followed by a Commodore 64.
Double Dragon and Top Gear on the C64!! ANd who could forget Boulderdash!! LOL Yeah, Im old!
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It cracks me up to read this whole thread, some of you talk like its important. Let me tell you something, ok? Here it goes...

ITS JUST A FREAKING VIDEO GAME!!

Theres much more important things in life than a freaking video game! LOL OP You talk about the little kids, but you're 19, you're a kid yourself You also talk about AV trying to make money, thats why people start a business, to make money. Otherwise, whats the point? Let me give you some advice, get a girlfriend, go outside and enjoy life...
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activision, call of duty, cod, lost cause, modern warfare 3, mw3