Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Hey Americans... what's the big friggin deal with shipping to Canada? >

Hey Americans... what's the big friggin deal with shipping to Canada?

Hey Americans... what's the big friggin deal with shipping to Canada?

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Has the Canadian postal service quit their strike yet?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gweedz View Post
Seriously that much paperwork? Does it help if you fill shipping documents online?
If I could get access to these documents I'd gladly fill them out for the seller if that's what it took.

I checked your sales - unfortunately I'm not into Nitro... the micro crawler looks interesting but I already have 4 crawlers LOL. But you're the type of person I'd like to deal with.
It's all good mate!

Having a hard time moving these 2 items for whatever reason, I think I have them priced more than fair right now!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
The one reason I sometimes put "CONUS ONLY" on my sales is this...

I don't mind filling out the forms.... BUT!!! Don't ask me to lie on them... When it asks the value of the item.. I'm putting what it sold for.

I'm not going to purger myself to save somebody a couple bucks in "duties" or whatever.

If you don't mind me filling out the form correctly... I don't mind shipping to you.

95% of the time I agree to sell to a Canadian.. I get paid.. Then I get a PM... "Ohhh.. BTW... Put like $5 in the value box on the form!".

Forget that.

Just my .02....

-David

What he said^
Old 07-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by poppa_duce View Post
Note to self: Never get in line in front of Longhair.
Why is that? Because I am doing the required paperwork BEFORE reaching the counter?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't mind filling out the forms.... BUT!!! Don't ask me to lie on them... When it asks the value of the item.. I'm putting what it sold for.

-David
If its not thousands of dollars worth of stuff when shipping to Australia put the value under AUD$900, other wise the receiver gets taxed 10% for every AUD$1000, which the Aussie Govt should not see as they already get enough.

What I find annoying is finding something on Amazon that won't ship outside the USA but I can find the same thing on eBay from the same country that will be shipped outside the USA. I'd much rather order something from the USA then from Australia, its cheaper and will take much less to arrive.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 244 (100%+)

I'm not going to purger myself to save somebody a couple bucks in "duties" or whatever.

If you don't mind me filling out the form correctly... I don't mind shipping to you.

95% of the time I agree to sell to a Canadian.. I get paid.. Then I get a PM... "Ohhh.. BTW... Put like $5 in the value box on the form!".

Forget that.

Just my .02....

-David

^^^^
We have a winner. Every time I deal with someone from Canada I get this request. I understand you are trying to save a few bucks but it ultimately comes at the sellers expense. If you lie on the custom forms (aside from being illegal and morally wrong) and a claim has to be filed you get the value listed on the form. So to save you a few dollars I should open myself up to losing money?!?! I have no issues selling to Canadians but it will be done 100% honest.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

No, because we don't want your thumb up our ass
-Read you original post

Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
Why is that? Because I am doing the required paperwork BEFORE reaching the counter?
Old 07-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Forget that.

Just my .02....

-David
Could not agree more man..I have got that request on more then one occasion.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gweedz View Post
Why go through the hassle of replying here at all? The time it took you to reply you could have filled out a customs form and brought hard cash into your country, Cap'n. Now some poor Canadian (me?) is forced to buy from hobby king.
Why reply? To tell the OP why a lot of Americans here on the site don't like to bother shipping to Canada. It's not a hard concept to follow. And if you can't get something used on here, why not buy from a Canadian based retailer and help your own economy? You know, the Canadian version of Amainhobbies or Stormerhobbies, or maybe the RC shop down the street?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

People do not have common sense.

When I am waiting in line, I will fill out the proper paperwork. People who are standing around with my thumb up their ass will be asked to step aside to fill out the paperwork and that usually results in them standing in line once again sucking on their thumbs this time around.
No because of this. Just jokin anyway.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It might have to do with dealing with customs when shipping packages internationally.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Or we don't like selling to hoser's....eh!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 364 (100%+)

I once sold two Kyosho TF-3 's to a guy from Australia.I told him that I was gonna list the value as under 25$ and put it down as toys. I did not buy insurance because it would raise a flag to the greedy customs agent. It got there in 2 weeks and went straight to his house.Customs never entered the picture. Once you start buying insurance ,they get suspicious. I would not do it again because you gotta hold your breath until the other party gets it. And what do you do if it gets lost? refund the money? I would. Its just a pain bro. Also.. just because you guys put the word :''Canadian '' in front of bacon, does not mean you guys invented anything....lol What are you guys gonna invent next..? Canadian milk..? Just kidding Canadians .I love you guys. But there is no reason to call us lazy. Good luck.

Last edited by peter george; 07-02-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Have you ever shipped something internationally, went the reasonably priced route which includes no tracking, shipped it, thought everything was cool, then get slammed with a paypal claim for non-delivered item? If you have, you'd know why I don't ship internationally. No one wants to pay for the global express which offers tracking, so I'm left to hang it all out there, not happening.

Ps, it is cheaper to ship buffalo to LA, than Buffalo to Toronto.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 183 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
Have you ever shipped something internationally, went the reasonably priced route which includes no tracking, shipped it, thought everything was cool, then get slammed with a paypal claim for non-delivered item? If you have, you'd know why I don't ship internationally. No one wants to pay for the global express which offers tracking, so I'm left to hang it all out there, not happening.

Ps, it is cheaper to ship buffalo to LA, than Buffalo to Toronto.
Ding ding ding!!!

This is the main reason i ship USA Only on here and ebay. Tracking is too expensive, and with paypals buyer protection I'm not shipping anything without a tracking number. Its not worth the hassle plus there are plenty of buyers here.

Sorry Canucks and everyone else

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service