Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
The Whites of WV >

The Whites of WV

The Whites of WV

Old 06-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default The Whites of WV

If you are feeling down about a family problem or something, watch this movie and instantly feel better about you're situation. Pretty sure it is still on Netflix.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 AM
ekd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good suggestion.

It's still there, and I figured I'd give it a few mins to see if it was just another "morally superior" piece of crap cliche about the south.

It's not, and I can say from childhood experience that the understandable fatalism that is the undercurrent in old school mining towns may die hard... but it will eventually die.

I'm not a real fan of regulation, but I got to see those places before OSHA existed. There, at least, the tax money spent to curb the wage slavery... was well spent. The history of Big Coal is not pretty, and many would like to see it forgotten. I hope it never is.

Also enjoyed being reminded that there are still places where people will tell you precisely what they think... and don't care who overhears it.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

A documentary. hahaha. Reminds me of "journalism" today, what a joke.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't see the vid where I'm at, but is this the second one? The first one was called "The Mountain Dancers" or something like that?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:42 PM
ekd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doodad View Post
Can't see the vid where I'm at, but is this the second one? The first one was called "The Mountain Dancers" or something like that?
Yes.

This is about the family the man, who was featured in Dancers, left behind... and the (thankfully) changing environment they grew up in.