R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default Tsa thoughts?

Seen this posted on another forum and was curious as to what people think on here ? I assume most have seen the youtube vid of tsa Patting down a 6 year old? Too much?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/160347-last-person-post-gets-5-00-a-2334.html
civicruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Tech Adept

A little overboard in my opinion. I'd be pissed if that was my kid.
poppa_duce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah it can be sometimes. After 9/11 I flew and all my possessions were searched though I don't recall if they patted down my person. I was also 10 years old...

I haven't flown for about a year but I'm leaving the country for a month this summer so I'll see how it goes. I've changed a fair bit from my 16 year old passport photo
Old 04-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TSA security looks at people who complain about ... TSA security
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/15...ners.complain/

Just stand in line and say, baaah, baaah, baaah......The government demands it!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
Tech Master

Flying is a personal choice.

If you don't want to have a full body scan or be pat down, then don't agree to be subjected to it by purchasing a ticket.
Longhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Bud
Tech Regular

I think someone who would blow up a plane wouldn't hesitate to put the explosives on a kid if they thought the kid wouldn't be searched. Sucks to have to search kids but if you don't, they're gonna put bombs on them.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
I think someone who would blow up a plane wouldn't hesitate to put the explosives on a kid if they thought the kid wouldn't be searched. Sucks to have to search kids but if you don't, they're gonna put bombs on them.
Finally.... common sense.

On planes, they tried shoes, milk bottles, and underwear.

On the ground, they tried empty pepsi cans, hollowed out curbsides, trashbags, straight trash, cardboard boxes, MRE bags, fruit stands, cars, trucks, live people, dead people, dead cats, dead dead dogs, dead horses, and one instance, one live donkey....

and the donkey lived.

To the OP:

It wouldn't surprise me if they would try to strap a bomb on a child and try to get him on board... some of you people just really don't get it... THEY ARE OUT TO KILL YOU!!! BY EVERY MEANS NECESSARY!!!

That means if they can catch you behind walking down the street and they had a car.... they will go out off their way and hit you. Then back up, do it again, jump out, cut off your head, throw it in the trunk and drive off.

Seriously, you think this TSA fiasco is B.S.? I too admit, it is a bit arcadic, but buy a ticket to Baghdad, Syria, or Tehran and the write me a letter telling me it is not necessary.

I would have had mention Pyongyang, but they would have locked you up indefinitely.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post

On the ground, they tried empty pepsi cans, hollowed out curbsides, trashbags, straight trash, cardboard boxes, MRE bags, fruit stands, cars, trucks, live people, dead people, dead cats, dead dead dogs, dead horses, and one instance, one live donkey....

and the donkey lived.

To the OP:

It wouldn't surprise me if they would try to strap a bomb on a child and try to get him on board... some of you people just really don't get it... THEY ARE OUT TO KILL YOU!!! BY EVERY MEANS NECESSARY!!!

That means if they can catch you behind walking down the street and they had a car.... they will go out off their way and hit you. Then back up, do it again, jump out, cut off your head, throw it in the trunk and drive off.

Seriously, you think this TSA fiasco is B.S.? I too admit, it is a bit arcadic, but buy a ticket to Baghdad, Syria, or Tehran and the write me a letter telling me it is not necessary.

I would have had mention Pyongyang, but they would have locked you up indefinitely.
LOL I never said it's bs?? Thats putting words in my mouth. Seein as how my last job was Ft Knox security, I know a little bit about terroism and reasons for security procedures...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/160347-last-person-post-gets-5-00-a-2334.html
civicruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I would agree to the extra security if they were able,well trained and profesional agents. The TSA agants are not.

Trick Graphics--see spdrac430 on this forum for all your painting needs

Team Pit Racers-Fastest Guys In The Pits!
joelwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
Tech Master

Quote:

and the donkey lived.

To the OP:

I agree with this...+1
"All short course drivers aren't hackers,but all hackers are short course drivers"
racer53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

But they leave our southern border porous and harass the general population.

It's all about gov control while demolishing our Constitution. This administration already said we can absorb another attack.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #12
Tech Master

This administration is another attack.
Longhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #13
Tech Regular

ok I would probably trip out if was my little girl getting touched so much but also i see why kids also need to be checked but there should be a better way to search on kids.

people are so heartless and evil if they even think about bringing a kid into their twisted little plans.

I dont fly in real planes especially if they gonna try to feel me up i dont like people touching me and getting close to my no no's inless it my bf... only planes i get near are rc ones and i deff wouldnt take my child on a plane where they could be in harm way.
epoweredrcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicruisin View Post
LOL I never said it's bs?? Thats putting words in my mouth. Seein as how my last job was Ft Knox security, I know a little bit about terroism and reasons for security procedures...
My bro had basic at Ft Knox it is nice.
security is tight there but that a good thing not sure i would want to live on army base tho not from all the killings been happening on army bases lately ...
epoweredrcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenshades View Post
I haven't flown for about a year but I'm leaving the country for a month this summer so I'll see how it goes. I've changed a fair bit from my 16 year old passport photo
The latter won't help, you might get lucky with 1001 questions too as you go through security with a minor looking face on your passport

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote