Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
how do i tell my wife? >

how do i tell my wife?

how do i tell my wife?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 AM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 208
Default how do i tell my wife?

how do i tell my wife I just spent $1200 on a toy?

for some reason I feel like rc meth head
urban is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM
  #2  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
housey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by urban View Post
how do i tell my wife I just spent $1200 on a toy?

for some reason I feel like rc meth head
Simple, ssshhh

Don't say a word, they don't understand anyway.
housey is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
 
Longhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,701
Default

First off, don't call it a toy. I'm starting to feel bad now
Longhair is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (211)
 
Neu_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 4,012
Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default

Tell her it cost $200 and you accidentally lost or got robbed for $1000?

What you can really tell her though is it's a hobby which makes you think, use your hands, and is better than video games, Pot, strip clubs, or the poker room.

Just curious but whatcha buy?
Neu_Racer is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

Dirty it up and say you've always had it. Then hope she doesn't get wise to the missing $1200
Foxxrocket is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
  #6  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,083
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

boy am I glad my wife races with me... Me: "Honey... I think im going to get a new buggy and a new Futaba 4pks"... Wife: "oh awesome, how long before they get here"?
Cpt.America is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
  #7  
Team Tekin
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,465
Default

Just nut up and tell her. I tell my wife everything I buy, she just makes me get her something to make up for it later...
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM
  #8  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 236
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Dude, I happen to have been in the same situation yesterday !! I finally went ahead and picked me up a Baja 5b, Well when she ask me what that thing cost I just told her I got a killer deal on it ( I really did ) and she dropped it, until bed time !! Then she nicelly told me that since she knew how much I had in my Slash that something like the Baja had to cost way more and I wasn't "playing" with anything else until I fessed up !! Needless to say I came clean real quick so I could have my play time but I am sure that the price I paid for the Baja is nothing compared to what it is going to cost me now !!
williey186 is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Open a additional (reserve) bank account, have a little money sent that direction every time you get payed direct-deposit, and keep your lips tight.
nf_ekt is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
  #10  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

just dont say anything thats what i whould do .

or just say you got a really good deal on it
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by williey186 View Post
Dude, I happen to have been in the same situation yesterday !! I finally went ahead and picked me up a Baja 5b, Well when she ask me what that thing cost I just told her I got a killer deal on it ( I really did ) and she dropped it, until bed time !! Then she nicelly told me that since she knew how much I had in my Slash that something like the Baja had to cost way more and I wasn't "playing" with anything else until I fessed up !! Needless to say I came clean real quick so I could have my play time but I am sure that the price I paid for the Baja is nothing compared to what it is going to cost me now !!
lol, next time just tell her the baja is a $400 ebay copy.

Since I get bodies in the mail to paint a lot, I can order stuff for myself now without her noticing. Keeping the work area a mess hides cars too!
MikeXray is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM
  #12  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Tell your wife? Why would you want to do that? Just do what I do. Get a credit card that your wife doesn't have access to and then only get online statements. That way you don't have to worry about her getting your statment in the mail. Then you hide your stuff in the basement, garage, shed or wherever you can hide things. Eventually she will find it but if your good by the time she finds it the statue of limitations will have expired and you'll be in the clear. Tell your wife? Shssssh!
Delawareguy is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM
  #13  
117
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 784
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just nut up and tell her. I tell my wife everything I buy, she just makes me get her something to make up for it later...


My wife and I have an agreement. Anything under $200 or so is usually fair game; however anything over that requires prior consultation. She usually doesn't care (RC seems cheap by comparison to full scale car stuff), but there have been times where she looks at the pile of stuff and stops short of asking how much everything was. To be fair, though, I don't complain one bit when she tells me she wants new shoes or new clothes. I almost said something when she spent $500 on a new suit for an internal interview at work, but figured I had no room to complain, especially since she didn't bat an eye when I wanted an $875 race seat last year. Maybe I've worn her down with full scale racing stuff?

That's what you could do...find a much more expensive hobby like golf. She'll probably be happy when you give up golf for RC!

One other thing, it helps when you have a son that likes RC as well.
117 is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
  #14  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 6,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
Tell your wife? Why would you want to do that? Just do what I do. Get a credit card that your wife doesn't have access to and then only get online statements. That way you don't have to worry about her getting your statment in the mail. Then you hide your stuff in the basement, garage, shed or wherever you can hide things. Eventually she will find it but if your good by the time she finds it the statue of limitations will have expired and you'll be in the clear. Tell your wife? Shssssh!
I was just gonna say that!
nitrodude is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,246
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

As BB King said "paying the cost to be the boss"
weaponx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.