Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
how do i tell my wife? >

how do i tell my wife?

how do i tell my wife?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default how do i tell my wife?

how do i tell my wife I just spent $1200 on a toy?

for some reason I feel like rc meth head
Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by urban View Post
how do i tell my wife I just spent $1200 on a toy?

for some reason I feel like rc meth head
Simple, ssshhh

Don't say a word, they don't understand anyway.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

First off, don't call it a toy. I'm starting to feel bad now
Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Tell her it cost $200 and you accidentally lost or got robbed for $1000?

What you can really tell her though is it's a hobby which makes you think, use your hands, and is better than video games, Pot, strip clubs, or the poker room.

Just curious but whatcha buy?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Dirty it up and say you've always had it. Then hope she doesn't get wise to the missing $1200
Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

boy am I glad my wife races with me... Me: "Honey... I think im going to get a new buggy and a new Futaba 4pks"... Wife: "oh awesome, how long before they get here"?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Team Tekin

Just nut up and tell her. I tell my wife everything I buy, she just makes me get her something to make up for it later...
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dude, I happen to have been in the same situation yesterday !! I finally went ahead and picked me up a Baja 5b, Well when she ask me what that thing cost I just told her I got a killer deal on it ( I really did ) and she dropped it, until bed time !! Then she nicelly told me that since she knew how much I had in my Slash that something like the Baja had to cost way more and I wasn't "playing" with anything else until I fessed up !! Needless to say I came clean real quick so I could have my play time but I am sure that the price I paid for the Baja is nothing compared to what it is going to cost me now !!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Open a additional (reserve) bank account, have a little money sent that direction every time you get payed direct-deposit, and keep your lips tight.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Prophet

just dont say anything thats what i whould do .

or just say you got a really good deal on it
Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williey186 View Post
Dude, I happen to have been in the same situation yesterday !! I finally went ahead and picked me up a Baja 5b, Well when she ask me what that thing cost I just told her I got a killer deal on it ( I really did ) and she dropped it, until bed time !! Then she nicelly told me that since she knew how much I had in my Slash that something like the Baja had to cost way more and I wasn't "playing" with anything else until I fessed up !! Needless to say I came clean real quick so I could have my play time but I am sure that the price I paid for the Baja is nothing compared to what it is going to cost me now !!
lol, next time just tell her the baja is a $400 ebay copy.

Since I get bodies in the mail to paint a lot, I can order stuff for myself now without her noticing. Keeping the work area a mess hides cars too!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tell your wife? Why would you want to do that? Just do what I do. Get a credit card that your wife doesn't have access to and then only get online statements. That way you don't have to worry about her getting your statment in the mail. Then you hide your stuff in the basement, garage, shed or wherever you can hide things. Eventually she will find it but if your good by the time she finds it the statue of limitations will have expired and you'll be in the clear. Tell your wife? Shssssh!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just nut up and tell her. I tell my wife everything I buy, she just makes me get her something to make up for it later...

My wife and I have an agreement. Anything under $200 or so is usually fair game; however anything over that requires prior consultation. She usually doesn't care (RC seems cheap by comparison to full scale car stuff), but there have been times where she looks at the pile of stuff and stops short of asking how much everything was. To be fair, though, I don't complain one bit when she tells me she wants new shoes or new clothes. I almost said something when she spent $500 on a new suit for an internal interview at work, but figured I had no room to complain, especially since she didn't bat an eye when I wanted an $875 race seat last year. Maybe I've worn her down with full scale racing stuff?

That's what you could do...find a much more expensive hobby like golf. She'll probably be happy when you give up golf for RC!

One other thing, it helps when you have a son that likes RC as well.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
Tell your wife? Why would you want to do that? Just do what I do. Get a credit card that your wife doesn't have access to and then only get online statements. That way you don't have to worry about her getting your statment in the mail. Then you hide your stuff in the basement, garage, shed or wherever you can hide things. Eventually she will find it but if your good by the time she finds it the statue of limitations will have expired and you'll be in the clear. Tell your wife? Shssssh!
I was just gonna say that!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

As BB King said "paying the cost to be the boss"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.