Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Vector Marketing ?? >

Vector Marketing ??

Vector Marketing ??

Old 01-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Questions?? Vector Marketing ??

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on Vector..

I am a college student and I need a job. I see this post outside my school that says 15.00/appt (Not per. hour btw) Lists the number and website.

Thinking that's awesome I go to the website, which didn't list the company or anything. So that raised an orange flag. So I thought about it thinking maybe it would be some kind of application that would go into multiple businesses and decided to fill it out. As soon as I submited it, right at the top of the page it said VECTOR MARKETING.

Vector marketing, which I hear about so much, not one person having anything good to say about it to me my whole life. Everyone warning me to stay away.
Of course I get a call from the number I saved in my phone from the post maybe five minutes later. Didn't answer and they left a message I didn't listen to. They called again thismorning and I answered and talked about how I hear it's a "PRACTICALLY" a scam. And of course, she re-assured me it wasn't and made it sound good..

So I have an appointement at 6 tonight. I'm trying to decide if I should go or not.. I'm deffinitly not going to buy any of they're stuff to sell it for them.

I have researched a lot over the internet, and know EXACTLY what it should go down. How it will look. How it will sound. The demonstrations. even how it will smell! Exactly how the front desk will look and what will be on it. etc.. etc...

I would list it but I deffinitly don't feel like typing it out..

So what do you think about Vector? Anyone with experience from them??
Old 01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

If I'm bored and have nothing to do tonight, and feel like getting my time wated, I'll go into the "interview" which should actually be a demenstration. And if not, I won't cancel the appt. to maybe waste their time..
Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its a knives selling company. I think you have to buy your own equipment and then sell it off to people close to you.

Its a Pyramid scheme. Not worth it imo.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Its a knives selling company. I think you have to buy your own equipment and then sell it off to people close to you.

Its a Pyramid scheme. Not worth it imo.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't know what imo means but from what I have already read on it, you do buy your own equipment(which I would never do, especially while down on money and needing more at the moment)
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Cutco knives.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
Cutco knives.
Gotta set..
Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Gotta set..
They're supposed to be awesome knives
Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Maybe it's a better investment to act like your going to take the job and get the starter set for $100-200 and just keep the knives and forget about the job
Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Cutco knives are the bees' knees (own some), but there are other sources besides "Vector".

Besides, do you REALLY want to sell sharp objects to random strangers door-to-door?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

As for the Cutco, who's knives are distributed by Vector marketing, their claims are very far from true. 440A steel used by Cutco is the worst performer in 440 steel group(440A, 440B, 440C). It's rather old, and cheap stainless steel which is used in low end knives in knife industry, or diving knives. At any rate, it doesn't provide edge holding Cutco claims and in fact it is way behind modern Japanese knives and worse than German knives. D edge used on Cutcos is serrated edge, unfortunately its configuration makes it impossible to sharpen it at home. There is no steel that will not need sharpening for 10 years as Cutco and their marketing claim, and sending your knives to maker few times a year for sharpening is not realistic.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I don't know what imo means
imo: in my own opinion

also just in case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My son tried to sell those Cutco knives just after he graduated... I told him it wasn't a good idea then.

But you know children... a hard head makes for a soft behind...

He lost 150 bucks... Once he realized selling knives that are no sharper than the Wall Mart variety, he tried getting his money back.... they wouldn't budge.

But they wanted that knife set back though...
Old 01-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cutco crap its a scam to get the higher ups richer off of your sales and if you dont know alot of people it will not make you much money I did it for 1 summer and made only 2500$ I could have done much better at a normal job
Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My wife bought a set from a college kid who was an intern at her work. She has a hard time saying no...they're not bad, at least so far they've held their edge.

I don't know what she gave for them either and really don't want to know, but at least, they've left us alone since the sales.

I don't think you want to be involved....