Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
NEW traffic FINES for California drivers. >

NEW traffic FINES for California drivers.

NEW traffic FINES for California drivers.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by shanem121 View Post
In Canada. Gas is suppose to his $1.40-$1.50/Liter by summer. Right now its about $1.06/Liter

what is that mean in liters $3.00 a gallon ?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
VC 27400 and VC27803 (right after each other in the list) appear to conflict. A helmet certainly covers both ears unless it is a "half shell."

I don't like full helmets... they restrict your peripheral vision AND your hearing.
and I bet you ride a cruiser..
I have been wearing a full face helmet for 30+ years and I have never felt like it limited my vision..ever, and on the limiting of my hearing..WTF..really..I wear ear plugs..but I pay attention and I'm not riding with my head in the clouds either, why do you need to hear on your bike (other than your motor)..just wondering..I mean really..if your looking in your rear view and scanning the road..paying attention..nothing should "sneak" up on you..ie: ambulance..fire truck..cop..
Old 01-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
what is that mean in liters $3.00 a gallon ?
Try ~$4 to $6 a gallon! (litre is around a quart)
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
ya thats about right.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In Washington state, we have a term for what has caught up in Cal:

It's the "Revenue Enhancement Program"
Old 01-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
In Washington state, we have a term for what has caught up in Cal:

It's the "Revenue Enhancement Program"
well I think if California gets rid of the unions then will be better off. I think they are just killing this state.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post

i, dont know how them people know that anyways of what price it will be at they dont know how much people are going to travel during the summer there no mind readers lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

i, dont know how them people know that anyways of what price it will be at they dont know how much people are going to travel during the summer there no mind readers lol.
I remeber a few years ago when the gas prices were $5 a gallon here in california. That was expensive for that summer time.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BuggyKing View Post
I remeber a few years ago when the gas prices were $5 a gallon here in california. That was expensive for that summer time.

man i got to say im lucky in live in the east coast man it never hit that high in pa.

so, i guess the cali govermnet dont listen to you guys about anything ?
you whould think though if they see a lot of people move out of your state like crazy they whould stop the crap .

espally right now.

after all we all pay thier salarys without us they wouldnt have a job.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
and I bet you ride a cruiser..
I have been wearing a full face helmet for 30+ years and I have never felt like it limited my vision..ever, and on the limiting of my hearing..WTF..really..I wear ear plugs..but I pay attention and I'm not riding with my head in the clouds either, why do you need to hear on your bike (other than your motor)..just wondering..I mean really..if your looking in your rear view and scanning the road..paying attention..nothing should "sneak" up on you..ie: ambulance..fire truck..cop..
Yes, I ride a Harley. And I've also been riding 30+ years. I've owned Hondas, Kawasakis, Triumphs, and now a Harley.

You can choose to disagree all you like, but the fact is a full-face helmet DOES cut down your peripheral vision, and it DOES restrict your hearing.

I'm not saying you should choose to use something else, I'm saying I don't care for them. I'm also saying that they certainly conflict with the spirit of the "no headphones" law. (Especially the ones like the Goldwing guys have with stereo headsets in them!)

So do loud stereos.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Yes, I ride a Harley. And I've also been riding 30+ years. I've owned Hondas, Kawasakis, Triumphs, and now a Harley.

You can choose to disagree all you like, but the fact is a full-face helmet DOES cut down your peripheral vision, and it DOES restrict your hearing.

I'm not saying you should choose to use something else, I'm saying I don't care for them. I'm also saying that they certainly conflict with the spirit of the "no headphones" law. (Especially the ones like the Goldwing guys have with stereo headsets in them!)

So do loud stereos.
I ride sport bikes and I road raced for 10+ years so I do know for a fact that a good FULL FACE helmet can save you from severe injury..it's your choice, if you can't turn your head or pay attention when riding then maybe an "organ donor" helmet is a good choice..but a full faced helmet is no more restrictive than a 3/4 helmet as far as vision goes..you Harley guys crack me up when trying to prove your anti helmet stance..if you don't want to wear a helmet..then don't..but quit trying to convince someone who knows better..
Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing View Post
Yep, I remember that, $80 to fill my gas tank!!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why are you complaining? In colorado if your under 18 you cant use ANY electric device. Even changing songs on an ipod. Once over 18 you cant use a phone for anything unless its hands free... dont do it and dont worry about it...
Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

man i got to say im lucky in live in the east coast man it never hit that high in pa.

so, i guess the cali govermnet dont listen to you guys about anything ?
you whould think though if they see a lot of people move out of your state like crazy they whould stop the crap .

espally right now.

after all we all pay thier salarys without us they wouldnt have a job.
Don't try to pull that crap man. What if you were shot? Would you like a police officer (government payed) to find the suspect? Sure you would, but when you get a ticket, You complain that they have nothing better to do. Grow up bud.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
Don't try to pull that crap man. What if you were shot? Would you like a police officer (government payed) to find the suspect? Sure you would, but when you get a ticket, You complain that they have nothing better to do. Grow up bud.

ok ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.