Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
NEW traffic FINES for California drivers. >

NEW traffic FINES for California drivers.

NEW traffic FINES for California drivers.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080 View Post
Yea right, they will just eat the fines to have their pimped out pieces of crap. There have always been laws regarding mufflers, ride height, and in some states tinting darkness/application. Ricers cannot be swayed by logic or the law
crazy, you would think they would spend the $$ on a double shot NOS setup....

hmm or just the decals for it down the side of the doors
Old 01-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Looking at the list I wouldn’t be too worried about the driving, rather the parking!

While I certainly believe that one should respect handicapped parking, those are some pretty stiff fines.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

VC 27400 and VC27803 (right after each other in the list) appear to conflict. A helmet certainly covers both ears unless it is a "half shell."

I don't like full helmets... they restrict your peripheral vision AND your hearing.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs View Post
Oops, I meant km/h. I'm just used to not typing measurment. 100km/h = 60mph

South Australia.

But being 85-90km/h below the legal limit is still downright dangerous.
On some highways here we DO have a minimum speed... usually if there is one, it is minimum 45 (MPH) on highways with a 65 or 70 MPH limit.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
wow, man i feel sorry for you guys who live in cali oh im sure gas will be $5.00 in cali my summer thats a fact.

it, whould make me move somewhere else like canada or something if i lived there it whould drive me nuts.
In Canada. Gas is suppose to his $1.40-$1.50/Liter by summer. Right now its about $1.06/Liter
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

It's very simple: don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about.

Hopefully this will make a few people think twice and clean up their bad driving habits.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

sounds like all the reason u need to leave that godforsaken dump of a state!!!!!!!!!! just don't move to idaho!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
It's very simple: don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about.

Hopefully this will make a few people think twice and clean up their bad driving habits.
this is what they use in florida for speeders

Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
214 bones for 1 to 15mph over the limit??? They are kidding, right??? Unless you're paying 150k plus for a car, chances are the speedo has a tolerance in it's reading up to 5mph.....do they know that???
$214..that's not even close..a buddy just got a ticket for 5 over..60 in a 55 and by the time it was done it was $385 dollars, plus his insurance card was not up to date..the messed up part of that is, here in Ca. They (the Cops) know all your information when they pull you over..they knew he had insurance, it's an easy way the state can get ya for another $20..so basically for 5 over my buds fine was $405..plus another $50 for traffic school..the local agency's can tack on "other" fees for the local government..I "think" the $214 is the states cut..
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by sideshow71 View Post
sounds like all the reason u need to leave that godforsaken dump of a state!!!!!!!!!! just don't move to idaho!!!!!
I don't think you need to worry much about that..you couldn't pay me to live in Idaho..the biggest reason on why Ca. is starting to suck is waaaay to many mid westerners ( and illegals) have moved out here to get away from such great weather you guys have....Football is all you guys have..on that is the field goal kicker for Boise St. still alive? If it wasn't for that guy Boise would been national champs..but for worst drivers SD is the state to stay outta..
Old 01-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I don't think you need to worry much about that..you couldn't pay me to live in Idaho..the biggest reason on why Ca. is starting to suck is waaaay to many mid westerners ( and illegals) have moved out here to get away from such great weather you guys have....Football is all you guys have..on that is the field goal kicker for Boise St. still alive? If it wasn't for that guy Boise would been national champs..but for worst drivers SD is the state to stay outta..
Easy now.

BSU wouldn't have been national champs anyways, they're good, but not THAT good.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Easy now.

BSU wouldn't have been national champs anyways, they're good, but not THAT good.
Yea maybe..I think they would have..but we will never know..
Old 01-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

California is always going to be #1 from my point of view. These local politicians know everyone loves it here and they keep pushing the envelope until some people just can't take it anymore.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

that really sucks.i know the 5 mph over the speed limit was going to be no more.but raising the prices for the violations.the thing about that is off duty cops get away with it also there wifes and they are no differnt than a normal citizen when the yoff duty and should be held accountable also. i know in my area the cops that take cruisers home with them. they should have to keep them parked and not use them for shopping or letting there wife take it to the market. i have seen alot of wifes using there husbands cruisers for shopping and market. i have even called to complain about it to the barricks and was told there is nothing anyone can do about it or ever will.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
VC 27400 and VC27803 (right after each other in the list) appear to conflict. A helmet certainly covers both ears unless it is a "half shell."

I don't like full helmets... they restrict your peripheral vision AND your hearing.
Understood, but probably still better than in a modern fairly quiet car, with the entertainment rocking. Then add ear buds to that….

What about electric cars? Even with wide open youthful ears not much to hear (including pedestrians, etc).

Last edited by Dave H; 01-26-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.